• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Scouting and Solving Encounters in Events

DeletedUser5521

I don't think that scouting and solving encounters should be mandatory quests in Events. These are activities that are game stage dependent, and for many, are either impossible to complete (example, those players needing orcs to negotiate provinces that are too difficult to fight, but are unable to produce them yet) or are not part of the current game strategy and may be a poor choice, perhaps due to already being over-scouted and out of the GZ, and the player is trying to slow down and get back on track, or for some other reason. Scouting and solving encounters should be personal choices made by players at any stage of their game, because it directly affects their game. Producing X amount of anything quests and/or collecting Y amount of Z, these may seem tedious and repetitious, but they still benefit the player and do not negatively impact a player's game. Over-scouting and over-solving encounters can negatively impact the game for some, and therefore, imho, should not be mandatory quests, and should be removed and replaced with other quests.

SUGGESTION:
If these quests are going to be part of an Event, they should:

-have an "OR" option,
-have the option to decline to get beyond that quest to the next quest (new implementation of old idea/suggestion),
-allow tournament activity to count, with World Map Encounters having more value than Tournament Encounters, perhaps 1 WM Encounter = 1 Tournament Province (this would encourage Tournament participation, a win/win for the player AND their fellowship)
-not ask for so many Encounters to complete a quest...4 is plenty, especially if there will be more of these quests on the Event Agenda :oops:

DeletedUser8946

Absolutely true. And for people who are late into the chapters and don't know about the quests ahead of time, "Scout a Province" can just burn through time, unless you use Instants.

DeletedUser8946

Oh, and one more worth mentioning: Upgrade at least X amount of buildings to X level is torture at higher levels. When you have 0 things to upgrade and 0 space to build small little things that can be upgraded to Level X, you're stuck unless you buy expansions. In my Beta world, I quit at that quest. I don't want to place an expansion in a random, possibly unbeneficial place just so I can spend the next three days trying to upgrade 4 useless things to Level 5. I'm not nearly incentivized enough by the prizes, but that's another rant entirely.

DeletedUser12171

Here's how I solved the upgrade buildings quest this event:

Upgrade 1 building to L4 - 4 marble manus
Upgrade 4 buildings to L5 - upgraded those 4 marble manus to L5
Upgrade 4 buildings to L7 - 1 residence, upgraded 1 through 11
Upgrade 1 building to L14 - the same residence, upgraded to 14

These were all quests without alternatives. As a note, I continued upgrading that 1 residence thru to L18 for the remaining two upgrade quests (16 and 18), though those do come with an alternative

NearOK

Premature scouting and solving provinces lead to a much more difficult game in later chapters, as the quests are dependent on the game program logic that requires a resource outlay based partially on the number of provinces completed. I thought I was progressing faster in the game by solving provinces to obtain the relics and expansions, but, at 75+ provinces over what I actually need, I find my scouting times, catering costs, and troop strength requirements moderately higher than if I had just completed provinces only when quested..