• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Scouting/Orcs

BambiThumper

I was told that as long as I am within 9 provinces, when I scout new ones, I will not have to use orcs. I have scouted 6 so far and there are orcs in every one. I cannot get an expansion (I just need one more province) and I am not at the place where I can unlock Orcs. Almost there, but not yet.

I need help, please

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If you have cleared fewer than 222 provinces and are finding orc requirements for negotiating, then you are not scouting the provinces closest to you.
You need to count how many hexes away a province is from your home city, and find the closest one to scout.

BambiThumper

I am using the hexagram map and I am still within the zone that should not give me Orcs.
I will keep trying...I only scout the ones closes to me

I have completed exactly 222 provinces. What does that mean?

Last edited by a moderator:

BambiThumper

Thank you SoggyShorts...Will the granite golems work? I am very close to those...otherwise I am pretty much screwed...for the near future anyway, unless I buy diamond which I would really rather not do

DeletedUser4699

Until you are able to upgrade your armories to level 20+, you won't be able to produce orcs. Once those hit level 20, you get the option much like your manufactories for productions, but with 12 hour, 1d, 2d and 4d production times for producing orcs. There have been event buildings that have produced orcs iirc, but you have to be in the orc chapter in order for those to do that. I hope this helps with clarification. Sorry if this is overly wordy, but my brain isn't working too well today.

SoggyShorts

Thank you SoggyShorts...Will the granite golems work? I am very close to those...otherwise I am pretty much screwed...for the near future anyway, unless I buy diamond which I would really rather not do
Granite golems will help, but the difficulty on the world map will only change from "very hard" to something more doable as you gain squad size upgrade techs. The good news is, that with 100 extra provinces cleared you should have 10 more expansions than the average player in chapter 6, so you should be able to make enough guest race buildings to speed you through the chapters.

BambiThumper

Granite golems will help, but the difficulty on the world map will only change from "very hard" to something more doable as you gain squad size upgrade techs. The good news is, that with 100 extra provinces cleared you should have 10 more expansions than the average player in chapter 6, so you should be able to make enough guest race buildings to speed you through the chapters.

Guess I have to get rid of some things to make more room :(

BambiThumper

Until you are able to upgrade your armories to level 20+, you won't be able to produce orcs. Once those hit level 20, you get the option much like your manufactories for productions, but with 12 hour, 1d, 2d and 4d production times for producing orcs. There have been event buildings that have produced orcs iirc, but you have to be in the orc chapter in order for those to do that. I hope this helps with clarification. Sorry if this is overly wordy, but my brain isn't working too well today.

Thank you so much!

BambiThumper

Thank you...am I replying correctly? I got schooled by a forum person :(

SoggyShorts

Thank you...am I replying correctly? I got schooled by a forum person :(
I'm assuming you got a message saying you've been "double posting".
What they want you to do is edit posts so that you combine yours into 1 rather than the conversation going
You-Me-bricbrac-you-you-you
When quoting more than 1 player you can "snip" bits of thier post by highlighting a sentence or 2 and then high lighting another section, then inserting all quotes into 1 post
Thank you.
and putting
am I replying correctly?
your replies
I got schooled
in-between each quote
by a forum person
like this

Basically, never use the "reply" button if you plan to answer more than 1 person, just use the quote button on each persons post, or highlight text and then click the mini quote pop-up

DeletedUser4699

Aye, it took me quite some time before I figured out the difference between the +quote button and the reply button. (button, clicky-thingy, tab, link, I don't know, what are kids calling them these days?)