• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

SCOUTING PROVINCES- need 8 more and only orange & yellow

DeletedUser1230

I have a newer account with 2 cities, both are just about to enter Chapter 5. One has world map surrounded by a couple blue provinces and the rest are all green available to scout. My other city needs 8 more Provinces to open Chapter 5, but the only ones available are orange or yellow. I know when you scout ahead the colors change, but these are required provinces. Is this a bug, or what else determines color of available provinces? thanks

DeletedUser20929

orange and yellow?!? push way further! I cater to red and black. I need all the space. Just because it isn't easy doesn't mean it isn't possible!

DeletedUser2768

The colors represent how easy a province is going to be to conquer. Green/blue is going to be a lot easier to fight/negotiate than orange/yellow. It can be done, but it's going to be a LOT more expensive in troops (fighting) or goods (negotiating).

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
orange and yellow?!? push way further! I cater to red and black. I need all the space. Just because it isn't easy doesn't mean it isn't possible!
You'll be fine doing this as long as you don't go beyond 10 rings out from your city before you enter Ch 8 Orcs. All provinces above ring 10 require little green orcs to negotiate and by that point fighting will be impossible as well. You won't be able to make/get those little orcs until you get to Ch8. There's 2 of my FS members who just finished Dwarves (Ch6) and they are at a hard stop until Ch8. It makes it really hard to finish some events: quests to 'complete a province' without an alternative create a hard stop in events as well.

DeletedUser19723

The colors represent how easy a province is going to be to conquer. Green/blue is going to be a lot easier to fight/negotiate than orange/yellow. It can be done, but it's going to be a LOT more expensive in troops (fighting) or goods (negotiating).

Rosehawk, I've read more than once that it is best to only scout as far as you need to open the next chapter. Is this true, in your opinion? Doesn't Advanced Scouts at the start of a new chapter lower the difficulty/cost of fighting/catering in unscouted provinces? Do Squad Size upgrades also help with that? I'm in Chapter 5 also and am only scouting what I need for the next chapter. Is this not the best way to go?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's cheaper to stay within the number needed to open the chest, but that's the only way it's "better."
Squad sizes make the provinces easier to fight. they have no effect on the cost of catering. And they only make them easier to fight because you are bringing more troops to the battle and therefore losing more troops when you lose. On the surface, squad sizes don't make anything cheaper, they just make it possible to fight. A little deeper, fighting is usually cheaper than catering if you can manage it.

kctanzen

#saynosquadupgrades

You may regret taking squad upgrade techs unless you have to for the tech tree progress. Squad size is a key determination to how many troops you lose and the catering costs for tourneys and to my knowledge, they are not reversible. In the long run, I will do so many more battles in tourneys than on the map that it is laughable -- I look to keep my losses and costs in tourney as low as possible and figure it out as best I can for the world map.

DeletedUser2768

Rosehawk, I've read more than once that it is best to only scout as far as you need to open the next chapter. Is this true, in your opinion? Doesn't Advanced Scouts at the start of a new chapter lower the difficulty/cost of fighting/catering in unscouted provinces? Do Squad Size upgrades also help with that? I'm in Chapter 5 also and am only scouting what I need for the next chapter. Is this not the best way to go?

The game is meant to be played so that you only expand as needed to go from chapter to chapter. That being said, my city in Elcysandir is in the last third of Sorcerer's and Dragons and I have enough provinces to unlock the Amuni chapter (I think).

Researching the advanced scouts does lower the difficulty for provinces that you have not yet scouted. It does nothing to provinces you've already scouted.

Squad size is a blessing and a curse. @Ashrem covered most of it in his post.

The best way to go is the one that works best for you. My best way isn't Ashrem's or Soggy's. Their best way isn't mine.