• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Scouts - Events

DeletedUser2396

I suppose this event is fun but it also has its drawbacks to some of us who are past the Advanced Scout due to the Developers of this game not explaining about the Provinces and Advanced Scouts - When making events such as this it just makes it harder for those of us who are way past the Advanced Scout for an example i am now 53 ahead of it an still have to scout 2 more to finish so i will be 55 Provinces ahead of Advanced Scout and still in middle of Fairy.

I suppose i perhaps shouldn't have played in the event as by doing so i am just hurting myself from fighting and negotiating costs (increasing) due to scouting - So many people have quit playing this game because of scouting past the AS then can't win a fight - If i don't scout anything anymore - clear no more provinces i still wouldn't be even with the Advanced Scout at the end of Wood Elves probally not even with it whatever comes after that so this is a real problem - Do the Dev's really want to kill off their older advanced player base and make them quit playing - sure they will get new players coming to replace the older player base and still make money - but i am in middle of game now and am thinking why they make an event like this that is just a sort of griefing for me - kinda takes the fun out of it knowing that by doing the event it is just making the game harder to play -(

DeletedUser3696

I suppose this event is fun but it also has its drawbacks to some of us who are past the Advanced Scout due to the Developers of this game not explaining about the Provinces and Advanced Scouts - When making events such as this it just makes it harder for those of us who are way past the Advanced Scout for an example i am now 53 ahead of it an still have to scout 2 more to finish so i will be 55 Provinces ahead of Advanced Scout and still in middle of Fairy.

I suppose i perhaps shouldn't have played in the event as by doing so i am just hurting myself from fighting and negotiating costs (increasing) due to scouting - So many people have quit playing this game because of scouting past the AS then can't win a fight - If i don't scout anything anymore - clear no more provinces i still wouldn't be even with the Advanced Scout at the end of Wood Elves probally not even with it whatever comes after that so this is a real problem - Do the Dev's really want to kill off their older advanced player base and make them quit playing - sure they will get new players coming to replace the older player base and still make money - but i am in middle of game now and am thinking why they make an event like this that is just a sort of griefing for me - kinda takes the fun out of it knowing that by doing the event it is just making the game harder to play -(
The amount of scouting you need to do in this contest will not break the game for getting too far ahead, while the potential items you would get will help you.
All that culure/population you can get from the boxes will give you more space in your city to build more of whatever you like - this to me is fair compensation. You should easily be able to get further ahead by scouting a bunch of provinces.

DeletedUser5800

I was in the midst of trying not to scout, had only a couple of provinces open and was just getting back to winning, this will screw that up a bit but not much, doing PoP for all the optional ones and negotiating the forced ones for the way to many freaking relics needed kind of works out, I'll unlock an expansion I wouldn't have yet and use it paired with selling off a few outdated culture buildings to put some winter stars on, which will save room on the houses I would have had to put and as far I can tell put me further ahead in every way... except having to keep an unemployed scout a couple of extra weeks after it ends. all things considered a pretty fair albeit slightly annoying shake. IMO

DeletedUser3686

I was thinking the same thing, but thankfully I am not so far ahead with scouting. By the time the event is over, I'll be halfway through the scouts where I should be for the beginning of chapter six.

As @TSmack said though, the prizes you'll get from the event should be worth it at least since the culture per square is far above average for whatever is available in your current chapter. Such a great way to save or make room in your city!

DeletedUser4629

I am way ahead in scouting, but as far as I am concerned as long as I can I will keep ahead. The advantage in having more provinces open is well worth the additional cost. In addition once I finally do get to Orc, I want to scout through as many orc head provinces as I can before I finish orcs and move onto wood elves. I am assuming that once I get through the Orc ring I want need to keep producing Orc heads to negotiate my way through a province.

DeletedUser2757

Orcs head.png (I heart my Orc head)

maeter75

Scouting is painful at my level but I just have to deal with it being that I have scouted so many rings out.

DeletedUser2396

Just saying after this event i won't be able to do any events that require scouting as i can no longer even fight now in tourneys for the scouting i did in this event and cost to negotiate have gone up as well due to it - what comes after Wood Elves - if i scout no more provinces until the end of whatever comes after it i may be able to fight again at that Advanced Scout but this has wreaked my ability to fight now - a big Thanks to the Dev's