• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Season of Triumph starts with failure

quin629

Season of Triumph started this morning in live worlds. The initial 'day', as normal, is only half a day - it will change to the next day at the regular time which is 8 pm eastern time zone in the US. That is also when other game day items roll over, including the next Event quest.

So why is one of today's daily Seasons quests for a number of players "solve an Elvarian Games quest"? It is impossible for anyone who is already in the locked quests. When the next Elvarian Games Event quest becomes available, the Season will have changed to the next daily quests as well. And daily Seasons quests do not have a refresh option: only weekly quests get that.

I am aware that one can miss a few of the quests and still get the end grand prize, but it immediately starts a group of players off by being 'behind'. And it hurts the hearts of those of us with slight OCD tendencies, lol.

quin629

It may do so going forward, when the next Season day starts at 8 pm and the next quest automatically unlocks - the system may treat that unlocking as a completion. But it didn't apply this morning since the Season started mid-way through the Event 'day'.

MarlynSpyke

In both of these circumstances one should contact support. They are equipped to handle impossible quest scenarios.
Another impossible Seasons Weekly Quest to complete??? YES, 0 of 8 Elvarian Games Quests to complete in a 7 Day week, but this is impossible to accomplish to complete since my city is curently displaying the Elvenar "Quest Locked Screen"! ( I also reported this same game programming problem during a previous Seasons event too!) Possibly, instead of suggesting that the multiple Elvenar players contact Elvanar Support whenver they are tasked with "impossible to complete" Seasons tasks... a permanent solution might be to please have Elvenar Support contact the Elvenar Game Programmers to request them to modify the Elvenar game code to eliminate any "impossible to complete" tasks from the Elvanar game code whenever game programming errors are reported, and verified, by our Elvenar gaming community? :)

Attachments

• Elvenar Seasons Impossible to Complete Task.jpg
    Elvenar Seasons Impossible to Complete Task.jpg
    692.8 KB · Views: 45

Glandeh

I am really happy that the rewards are coin and supply rains instead of coins and supplies.
Yes, that's a change for the better. Another bad quest is to produce 4 baskets of groceries. Not impossible, but you might need boosters if you find it waiting for you after a day at the office.

mikeledo

I noticed in some cities I can get a season pass for 3K diamonds and in others that option does not seem to be available.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Possibly, instead of suggesting that the multiple Elvenar players contact Elvanar Support whenver they are tasked with "impossible to complete" Seasons tasks... a permanent solution might be to please have Elvenar Support contact the Elvenar Game Programmers to request them to modify the Elvenar game code to eliminate any "impossible to complete" tasks from the Elvanar game code whenever game programming errors are reported, and verified, by our Elvenar gaming community? :)

You are correct, and I was not trying to discourage your posting. I do not think Elvenar wants its Support overridden with these impossible quest tickets either. Contacting support and posting here both have the potential for getting this information up to those who can fix the problem.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In both of these circumstances one should contact support. They are equipped to handle impossible quest scenarios.

No, remember the weekly quests go into a queue, so the next one will be waiting for whenever the harder one is completed. As for a daily, I had the exact same problem on the first day of the last Season, and Support basically laughed at me and said tough luck.

Pheryll

Set Designer
No, remember the weekly quests go into a queue, so the next one will be waiting for whenever the harder one is completed..
So if they remain uncompleted until a future event, the Season's Quest will be able to use the quests of the new Event even though the label (Elvarian Games in this case) is specific of the old event?

MarlynSpyke

No, remember the weekly quests go into a queue, so the next one will be waiting for whenever the harder one is completed. As for a daily, I had the exact same problem on the first day of the last Season, and Support basically laughed at me and said tough luck.
Also have another Elvenar city displaying a Seasons "Day 1" daily quest task requiring the completion of "1 Seasons Quest" during the Day 1 time period... but this Elvenar city is also displaying a Locked Quest Screen status... which means this Seasons daily quest will also be impossible to complete and will result in "the loss of a successfully completed daily quest" on Day 1 of the curent Elvenar Seasons event. Hopefully, since the excellent Elvenar game coding programmers have created this great Elvenar computer game for all of us computer gamers to enjoy... we can look forward to having these recurring "unintended Elvenar game coding errors" to being permanently eliminated by the Elvenar game coding programmers in the near future... because Elvenar Rocks!

Mrietha

Yes, that's a change for the better. Another bad quest is to produce 4 baskets of groceries. Not impossible, but you might need boosters if you find it waiting for you after a day at the office.
I keep 6 level one workshops and 6 level one planks or marble tucked away (which ever fit better, even if they are not my boosted manfacturing) for just such quests. They are always set at 9 hours.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Unfortunately, doesn't the failure to complete "all 4 of the Day 1 Seasons's Daily tasks"... permanently result in the loss of that Elvenar city's ability to receive the contents of that Elvenar city's Day 1 Daily Event Prize Chest?

Of course. But he was asking about the weekly tasks, not the daily ones. Weekly tasks are stacked in a queue. If you do not finish one before the 7 days are up, you keep working on it and the one that would appear in it's place shows up after you finish it. Now, if you can't complete all four daily tasks before the time for the day runs out, you lose that really minor daily prize. But it does not hurt the effort to get to stage 50 and the final prize. If you complete every daily and weekly task, you will get all 50 stages completed and have enough extra points to open at least 2 of the bonus chests that come after stage 50, maybe 3,

Flashfyre

Or maybe stop rushing through the event and hitting the locked quests before the devs intended. If your gameplay style is such that consequences like this keep popping up, don't expect the game devs to change the rules so you don't have those consequences.
Then this whole thread becomes moot.

The solution to these obstacles involving Event quests (and I've seen the same complaints about needing Spire/Tourney encounters on the weekend after they have both ended) is to better plan your event progression, including looking at the quest list identifying bottlenecks. Then have a solution in place to counter the obstacles.

The solution is NOT to demand the devs change the rules to suit YOUR playstyle at the expense of the rest of us.

Dew Spinner

Or maybe stop rushing through the event and hitting the locked quests before the devs intended. If your gameplay style is such that consequences like this keep popping up, don't expect the game devs to change the rules so you don't have those consequences.
Then this whole thread becomes moot.

The solution to these obstacles involving Event quests (and I've seen the same complaints about needing Spire/Tourney encounters on the weekend after they have both ended) is to better plan your event progression, including looking at the quest list identifying bottlenecks. Then have a solution in place to counter the obstacles.

The solution is NOT to demand the devs change the rules to suit YOUR playstyle at the expense of the rest of us.
Come on now, that would be too easy! LOL!!