• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Seasons of Joy task showing completed without taking any action

OIM20

Game version: v1.177.3-(345616e) - html5 (2023-06-19 10:47)
Game world: Felyndral
Browser + version: Firefox 114.0.2 (64-bit) (and Private browser Firefox 114.0.2 (64-bit))
Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit
Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1600
Account name: OIM20
Humans or elves: :human:
Reproducibility: ? Not sure. Didn't get the same quest/task in any other city tonight.

Quest Title: Season of Joy: "Solve Spring Event quests"

Current Situation: Quest is completed at login after the Season of Joy daily reset at 7 PM Central, without any actions having been taken other than logging into the city/account.

Expected Situation: For the quest to show the action required for completion, then for the quest to only show completion once the required action has been taken.

Reproduction Steps: ? Unknown since this was activated when I logged in. This city is not one where I am up-to-date on the daily tasks in the event quests, which is relevant because the Season of Joy quest is "Solve Spring Event quests 1/1"

Screenshots:
Regular browser (where I needed to clear cache to get the "Finish" button to appear):

Private browser, showing the "Finish" button (again, no action other than logging in [and collecting some coins] has been taken):

Date/time stamp and the server info left on the screen captures.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I've had that happen myself. I just consider it a bonus, lol. But I admit, it's fairly confusing.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I can confirm this and wonder if the bug is the Daily reward triggering this, as it did in a prior event?

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I had not logged in from yesterday afternoon so last nights reward was waiting for me,

Fayeanne

I can verify that the daily reward (that is, the event daily currency) is, at least, one that does trigger this. Several times I have logged in to see what the screen shot shows, and the "Finish" button does not show up until I actually claim the daily reward.

Sir Seven

Game version: v1.177.3-(345616e) - html5 (2023-06-19 10:47)
Game world: Felyndral
Browser + version: Firefox 114.0.2 (64-bit) (and Private browser Firefox 114.0.2 (64-bit))
Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit
Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1600
Account name: OIM20
Humans or elves: :human:
Reproducibility: ? Not sure. Didn't get the same quest/task in any other city tonight.

Quest Title: Season of Joy: "Solve Spring Event quests"

Current Situation: Quest is completed at login after the Season of Joy daily reset at 7 PM Central, without any actions having been taken other than logging into the city/account.

Expected Situation: For the quest to show the action required for completion, then for the quest to only show completion once the required action has been taken.

Reproduction Steps: ? Unknown since this was activated when I logged in. This city is not one where I am up-to-date on the daily tasks in the event quests, which is relevant because the Season of Joy quest is "Solve Spring Event quests 1/1"

Screenshots:
Regular browser (where I needed to clear cache to get the "Finish" button to appear):

Private browser, showing the "Finish" button (again, no action other than logging in [and collecting some coins] has been taken):

Date/time stamp and the server info left on the screen captures.
I have a "Solve Spring Event quests" that won't solve even though I've completed two daily quests. I'm thankful this game is meant to be played for years or I'd never get anywhere.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I have a "Solve Spring Event quests" that won't solve even though I've completed two daily quests. I'm thankful this game is meant to be played for years or I'd never get anywhere.
in your case please send a support ticket

Darkness787

I noticed the same thing yesterday, and thought it was because I received the last seasonal gift a few hours before that days resets which is 7 PM CST.

OIM20

It did it today in Sinya, where I play as :elf:

No other tech spec data is different from the report yesterday (first post).

_______________________________________​
the "Finish" button does not show up until I actually claim the daily reward.
In this instance, both yesterday and today, the time is too early for the daily reward. The daily reward does not show up for me for 2 more hours.

Also, the finish button showed after clearing cache, or after logout then login, without any other action being taken. So that particular phenomenon is not the same.

While I understand that in the last event / seasons consecutive gameplay, the "Solve event quests" season quest was activated as being solved at the time that the daily currency became available, that cannot be what is triggering this to happen, at least not to the exclusion of all other variables. Because the daily currency is not yet available.

However, the one thing that does coincide with the seasons quests showing up each day is the new "daily" event quest being opened. Both happen at precisely 7 PM Central / 8 PM Eastern.

I had thought initially that might have been what triggered it, but 1) I'm not that far in the Fely quests; and 2) I was still on yesterday's quest in Sinya when I logged in there. So if it is being triggered merely by the code opening up the new event quest for the day, then this quest on the Season is a pointless freebie.

Either way, it's a bug the coders would have to figure out.