• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Second witch's hut?

Kadhrin

I have 12+ witch hat evolve tokens, and a spare witch hut base. The base is at chapter 10 and I'm at chapter 17. I'd need 112 royal restorations to boost it from 10 to 17. Production at ch17 is approximately 1 armory worth of orcs, 1 three-hour build of frogs (~110k supplies), and 3kp/day. I'm wondering if it's worth it, or if there's a chance at getting yet another base around Halloween....?

Note: Tourney gets me 1 blueprint and 6-10 royal restorations per week. I have 4 magic workshops, 4 magic residences, and a boatload of other stuff that requires those for upgrades.

StarLoad

If you have 2 bases you are stuck as if you delete 1 or both you will only get 1 in the future. You are then better off upgrading 1 and maxing it out with artifacts. I am at chap 16 and I have 2 bases one is level 10 and the other is level 8 and I love the frogs and orcs I get for free and I have stopped making any.

Ed

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@ed1960 If I understand you correctly, if you delete your second base it doesn't come back to crafting because you already have one of that type? If that's true the only way to have received that base would have been in the original event. But if it stays in rotation as a crafting option even if you have one, I'd think it might take a bit longer to get a second one (once you delete the one you have -- the chapter 10 one in this case -- and have it then include the upgrade.

The question is: is it removed from rotation is you have 1 or if you have more than 1?

AJ

StarLoad

You can only have one so if you have two and delete one you will not get a second one. Correct you can only get multiple bases from the original event.
Same with older players that have multiple Moonstone Libraries but newer players would only be able to get one of each.
Ed

defiantoneks

personally i would hang onto it until i actually have the resources to get it where i want. it hurts nothing to be in inventory. something better may come along, or you will hit events with a Tome that gives more evolves, etc. Like ed says, you wont get another. if the time comes where you have all the resources and you still feel like it's a good spend… toss it out there.

Kadhrin

I guess I'm wondering at the potential for some future event to have a Tome of Three Bases where you can pick something to build -- like choose from a Witch Hut, Witch Summoning Circle, or <insert new thing>.

I'm aware that without that kind of option, the two that I have are all I will have. (I actually did sell a stage 10 gingerbread house because it was level 2 so I could craft a new base at level 15 and then re-evolve it. It's at stage 8 right now.)

Lady Dastardly

I haven't seen it in an event, but I feel like there have been a few promotions that have included a base for previous evolving buildings. I didn't pay much attention to them so my memory isn't great, but I think they were for the base + artifacts, and not just the base though. And they were expensive, not surprisingly. Could be totally wrong about this however.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Kadhrin I was in the exact same situation you are currently in. I had a spare Witch Hut base in all 3 of my cities from the original event (plus 2 artifacts in each city from the fellowship adventure which followed the original event). And then in the fellowship adventure after last years Halloween event I won 2 sorceries which I could redeem for either Witch Hut artifacts or Witch Sumoning Circle artifacts. I didn't need more Summoning Circle artifacts. And like yourself my old base was many chapters out of date and would require lots of RRs to upgrade. I chose to place the 2nd Witch Hut in all 3 cities at that point, knowing for now I could only evolve them to stage 5 but that more artifacts would enter the Spire in the future.

I think Witch Hut might be the best evolving building in the game which does not involve a pet food effect. Until Echos of the Forgotten came along, WH was the best producer of orcs in the game on a square for square basis. Echos does beat a WH for orc production, but the orcs are all it gives you. The Witch Hut is giving great orc production plus a decent number of Frogs and 3 KP daily. And if you care about culture, WH is very high on that also.

As far as getting the Royal Restorations I needed to upgrade my 2nd Huts I mainly used diamonds to craft them in the Magic Academy. To be honest, crafting Royal Restorations is my primary use for diamonds these days. My Magic Academy is at max, I've got 4 builders (don't see the need for 5), and I've already bought all the cheap premium expansions. My next premium expansion will cost 3000 diamonds. So roughly for the cost of a single expansion I was able to craft enough RRs to upgrade my 2nd Hut. Since WH gives roughly the orc production of an armory I felt this was a good deal. When you factor in the space required to provide the population it needs, adding another armory to my city would require FAR more than 1 expansion of space.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@ed1960 If I understand you correctly, if you delete your second base it doesn't come back to crafting because you already have one of that type? If that's true the only way to have received that base would have been in the original event. But if it stays in rotation as a crafting option even if you have one, I'd think it might take a bit longer to get a second one (once you delete the one you have -- the chapter 10 one in this case -- and have it then include the upgrade.

The question is: is it removed from rotation is you have 1 or if you have more than 1?

AJ
yes, it is removed from rotation if you have one already (or more than one). I wish like anything that I'd be able to get a second base.