• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Secrets of a Traveling Merchant

Jiali

They set up shop on a single square of road if they can.
They need no help from my workshops, require NO culture
and need no hired help. Space required - minimal!

Unfortunately, they can only provide a small amount of unboosted goods.

I think they're great, but my city is growing and I really could use some
space.

I'm wondering how many of you guys keep them past the fairies chapter?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I just got into Orcs, but I'm not getting rid of them. I have 2 of each level.

rvtdragon1

Is there a chart/table/listing of the # of goods provided by the Traveling Merchants I, II, III by chapter? I know they are not great but I have always liked them. For a chapter 16 city they really serve little purpose (?) and I just want to see what they provide at that level. I know this info is somewhere but 30 minutes of searching has found nothing. Appreciate any help.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Because they are not great I just build another boosted of each tier and trade for a LOT more. I have none because, to me they just give too little for the space used.

AJ

Jiali

I just got into Orcs, but I'm not getting rid of them. I have 2 of each level.
Yeah, I'm trying to plan ahead for Orcs. Seems like I'll need a lot of space for the mushroom farms. Trying to figure out if I should keep them or let them go. Good luck!

rvtdragon1

Thank you very much. I guess I did not go into Architect far enough to find what I was looking for. Appreciate the help.

BKLASS

They set up shop on a single square of road if they can.
They need no help from my workshops, require NO culture
and need no hired help. Space required - minimal!

Unfortunately, they can only provide a small amount of unboosted goods.

I think they're great, but my city is growing and I really could use some
space.

I'm wondering how many of you guys keep them past the fairies chapter?
I keep 1 just for the silk production for the Fellowship adventures. Gain 100 silk or gain 100 planks to produce the spell badges.

LutherTheHairy

On the chart, I see this for a chapter III Traveling Merchant I

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 1.08.16 PM.png

Questions:
  1. Does this mean I choose either a 9 hour or 3 hour production like I would in a manufactory?
  2. Does it produce that amount of BOTH unboosted goods or do I have choose one or the other when I choose the production time (and if both, can I choose different production times for the two different goods?)
  3. Are one and two day productions possible?
  4. Do the goods come in the form of precious ring/wooden figurine/mosaic etc. that I can then use to satisfy quest requirements?

thank you

Pheryll

Set Designer
On the chart, I see this for a chapter III Traveling Merchant I

View attachment 8293

Questions:
  1. Does this mean I choose either a 9 hour or 3 hour production like I would in a manufactory?
  2. Does it produce that amount of BOTH unboosted goods or do I have choose one or the other when I choose the production time (and if both, can I choose different production times for the two different goods?)
  3. Are one and two day productions possible?
  4. Do the goods come in the form of precious ring/wooden figurine/mosaic etc. that I can then use to satisfy quest requirements?

thank you
You have four production options- two unboosted 3 hour options and two 9 hour unboosted options. You select one of the four options as you would from a production building. These options do not fulfill any quests.