• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Separate Knowledge Points Chain Message Envelope

Barstool1

I would like to see two Envelopes. One for messages and one dedicated to Knowledge Point Chains.

After many years of playing and loving this game, this is the one thing that bugs me.

Does anyone else think that this would be a good idea?

Deleted User - 849411552

Too funny, @Alram! :)

There are many improvements I would like to see in the Message Board, but I am happy with the KP swap threads being with the other messages. This may be because we only have two continuously running and public KP swap threads in our fellowship. At one point we had several but that did not work out well at all.

Alram

Flippers just flip
My solution is to join fellowships that don't use swap threads but instead use wonder society or net zero. Then there are only 2 kp threads :)
I stay out of those wonder societies too, Are there any that count runes or are they still just a special gift for the few who can dominate the WS?

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I stay out of those wonder societies too, Are there any that count runes or are they still just a special gift for the few who can dominate the WS?
I assumed the runes where included but I may be wrong.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I just delete the whole kp swap messages. They go away until a new thread gets started and I delete them again.
If you don't need/want to see them this advice is perfect. It solves your problem and isn't intrusive on anyone else.

On the other hand, if you are an AM/Mage and need to keep track of those threads (even if you don't use them) a separate tab would work to keep you from having to open your mail several times a day only to find it's "just" somebody using a swap thread. I do know one AM (besides myself) who feels she has to open the msgs and check even though she (too) knows it's probably just more swap messages.

So, I agree it would be nice, but only for a very few of us AM's who are OCD about checking our messages every time there's a notice that there's a new msg.

AJ

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I assumed the runes where included but I may be wrong.
That's not a society issue its a fellowship thing. As with any kp method you can include or exclude runes and you can use any value your fellowship feels is appropriate. Counting runes impacts towns differently, there is arguments for and against. It depends on your town as to which is better for you. Like all things find a fellowship that is closest to your style.

As KP chains aren't universal I would not agree with the idea. I also delete these threads when they appear, so annoying in fellowships who restart them every month. But hey, 5 secs of deleting and its all fixed :D. I think a better idea would be an ability to pin messages to the top, which facilitates much more than kp threads.