• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Settlements Transition - What to expect?

BoxWarrior

I am just now transitioning from Chpt 6 to 7 (Dwarves to Fairies). I was peeking ahead at the various research activation needs and I see there are none that require neither Granite nor Copper. So, am I to understand that since these things are not needed anymore should I flat out sell off ALL of the Dwarf Infrastructure I created? I guess making way for all the Fairy stuff I will need? And in turn each subsequent Settlement in the future? If there will be a need for Granite and Copper again later I'd hate to have scrapped all of it only to find out I needed to hold onto it. Any advice on this? Thanks

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
There will be a storyline (can't decline) quest (rewards coins/supplies) early in Fairies to sell your Dwarven Portal, so I'd wait for that before selling the Portal. In future chapters, sometimes that quest gives diamonds, so I'd check the quests. There's 2 different wordings on the quests. If it's worded 'sell portal', I'd wait; if it's worded 'have 0 portals' then selling it early will still complete the quest. The only use for Granite/Copper going forward will be to build Dwarven Streets. You can stock up on those before selling and you can continue to use them even after you can no longer see your inventory of them.
The guest race bldgs give back coins/supplies when sold. I tended to keep them as 'extra storage' for those items until I either need the resources or the space for the next guest race for Ch6/7 bldgs. Once I reached Ch9, I sold off the Orc settlement bldgs and filled the guest race space with Willows to get a jumpstart on mana. Used the coins/supplies from the Orc bldgs to build the Willows, then when I sold them used the resources to build the new guest race bldgs. I did that for several chapters. Now (Ch17) I fill the space with Festival Merchants to boost seed production. Again, I sell them off as I need the space for the new bldgs.
You can get detailed information on the Guest Race Chapters at Elven Gems
Scroll down to the 'Hints and Tips' section for the Guest Race Guides.
Scroll a bit further to 'Tools and Calculators' section for the Quest lists. Once there, the Storyline quests will be separate from the rotating declinable quests.

hvariidh gwendrot

the portal will be the only bldg from a previous guest race you want to hold on to for any quests .. there's never a sell or get rid of guest production bldgs quest, so those you can always ditch for room as soon as the productions are done .. any non-declinable quests can be declined (skipped) once you advance in to the next chapter .. that can be useful if you are stuck on a quest and/or just don't want to do it and any quest you have completed you will be able to accept the rewards as you decline through the others

HonuMoana

This is a great question, central to the game. With chapters 1-5, we are met with challenges to build our city, and it seems as if we are laying down a foundation that we can continue to build upon, and mostly this is true. With the guest race chapters this philosophy changes a bit. There are still things we can continue to build upon, but there are also these temporary things that only last through the chapter. It can be confusing, or it can be an opportunity to have some fun with new things. Fun is generally my choice, but sometimes it does make me ask the question, why do I need to build this stuff?

My answer to the original questioner may be too philosophical, but I think it is why I like this game.

Ask yourself, what do I want for my city? Why do I want to progress through the chapters? What is the soul of my city?

This game is about helping others, and designing something you enjoy inhabiting. There are many choices, not enough in my mind, but certainly quite a lot. I don't think it is about reaching the ultimate goal, beating the final boss, gaining the last reward chest, etc. IMO

Finally, to my knowledge, the Dwarf stuff is just useless paperweights once you are done with the chapter. Sell it all. This is generally the case with the guest race chapters.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Except for the portal, I sell everything off fro the guest races immediately. I don't worry about guest specific goods, because I know I'm going to be upgrading the streets later with streets that don't need any guest race stuff. So if you are very conscientious and want to keep everything up to date, including streets, then you can go ahead and leave the buildings up. But you have to consider the cost of that decision. Sure, you'll have better streets (temporarily, and then have to do the process all over again in the next chapter) but you'll also be tying up space that you could have used to make other, more important goods. So it's up to you. I never made any dwarven, fairy, orc streets, etc (except the ones that were required for quests). I just waited and built up goods so that I could get the kind of streets that required regular goods (that is, not guest race specific) later. That way, I knew that I could keep upgrading streets, little by little, and eventually have all uniform streets from the same chapter. I just think it's too much work and costs too many supplies to upgrade streets every single chapter. There are good reasons for doing so, I know, but I just don't think they're worth it.

Iyapo1

That way, I knew that I could keep upgrading streets, little by little, and eventually have all uniform streets from the same chapter. I just think it's too much work and costs too many supplies to upgrade streets every single chapter. There are good reasons for doing so, I know, but I just don't think they're worth it.
lol, I go really slowly through the chapters so getting the extra 10(?) culture per road tile is worth the cost of the upgrades to me. Plus I am a little....insistent about keeping my roads uniform. It's a thing!

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yep, Inno did a very poor job of letting players know they do not need to keep any of the guest race buildings once the chapter is finished. I think this is one of the most-asked questions in the Facebook groups when members finish chapter 6 and the game has given them no clue what to do with all those extra buildings.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Sorry to have to say this, but Inno does a poor job on explaining most things in the game. That is why players end up coming here for answers. lol.
As for the question asked by the OP : Just make sure you have enough goods for the roads if your going to upgrade them and keep the portal until the quest tells you to sell it as many have said already. You can check the quest line to see what quests are left in the chapter at elvengems.com that helps sometimes.

Last edited: