• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Shards

RichWood

I have collect 10 Shards Can not find anywhere to use them, my Ancient Wonders has no open Gates, what can I do?

Zoof

I have collect 10 Shards Can not find anywhere to use them, my Ancient Wonders has no open Gates, what can I do?
Assuming this is your city, you can try actually building the AW you want then leveling it to the next multiple of 5. Every multiple of 5 brings back the Rune Wheel, where you can continue putting those shards.

After that, build the AW you don't want, wait for it to finish building, demolish it, then continue sticking shards on the newly-freed AW.

While we're at it, perhaps consider making your city more square or rectangle-like so things get easier to fit and slot.

Katwick

Cartographer
After that, build the AW you don't want, wait for it to finish building, demolish it, then continue sticking shards on the newly-freed AW.
Just to be obvious:
  • Pick a garbage AW. Whenever its Rune Wheel is filled, build the AW and immediately delete it to get back the open Rune Wheel
  • Whenever you accumulate 10 broken shards, insert them on the garbage wheel, as that IMPROVES your odds of getting a broken shard
  • When you NEED 10 broken shards elsewhere, add some garbage Runes and hope that they break

Last edited:

RichWood

well, unfortunately since they have not lifted the cap and have not provided any other solution you can continue to sit on them til you need to forge a rune or find a recipe in the MA to craft an AKP instant.
I am stuck in the Magic Academy. Created shards and I cannot collect them I would lose them.

RichWood

Just to be obvious:
  • Pick a garbage AW. Whenever its Rune Wheel is filled, build the AW and immediately delete it to get back the open Rune Wheel
  • Whenever you accumulate 10 broken shards, insert them on the garbage wheel, as that IMPROVES your odds of getting a broken shard
  • When you NEED 10 broken shards elsewhere, add some garbage Runes and hope that they break
I am stuck in the Magic Academy. Created shards and I cannot collect them I would lose them.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@RichWood
I see you don't have any AW's in your city. Runes go into a wheel on an AW that requires 9 runes; sometimes they break into shards, adding one to the bar. 10 shards can be forged in the AW of your choice to form one rune guaranteed not to break. That's the only way to clear the shard bar other than the occasional crafting recipe that can use some.
What's happening in your MA crafting window? I assume the shard is sitting there ready to collect, thus the reason you're 'stuck' ? I *think* you can just 'collect' it and it will disappear. Yes, you lose the shard because your storage is full (sorta like what happens if you collect more coins than your MH can store), but you'd be back up and running in crafting.

Edit to add: check out the Golden Abyss and the Tome of Secrets AW's. Figuring out a way to place one in your city (I'd opt for ToS at low chapters where houses give more pop/square than the GA) will give you a use for the runes specific to that AW as well as somewhere to forge a rune from a full shard bar when it's at a rune level. If the ToS is selected, it can quickly replace a workshop with the amount of supplies given when you scout a province. This assumes you're a small city and still have short scout times.

sputnik9009

I already did, now i am stuck!
you are not stock as you would put it, if you are in a fellowship you could donate them to a fellow member and if you are not in a fellowship, i suggest that you look for and join, there are many benefits

defiantoneks

you are not stock as you would put it, if you are in a fellowship you could donate them to a fellow member and if you are not in a fellowship, i suggest that you look for and join, there are many benefits
broken shards cant be donated.
i say, just collect them and lose a couple if you cant get a Golden Abyss up and running quicklike. I find it to be a better long term implementation than the ToS.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I find it to be a better long term implementation than the ToS.
Absolutely! The ToS didn't work well for my playstyle either (started out being conservative with scouting). I built it in my 1st city, upgraded to ?lvl3? and sold it. It became my 'break some runes' AW. GA is definitely the better long-term investment. I never built the ToS in my 2nd city (started a bit over a year after my first city). I built the GA early there for kp dump, but I did recognize it was not an efficient use of space for population until several chapters later.

RichWood

Assuming this is your city, you can try actually building the AW you want then leveling it to the next multiple of 5. Every multiple of 5 brings back the Rune Wheel, where you can continue putting those shards.

While we're at it, perhaps consider making your city more square or rectangle-like so things get easier to fit and slot.
Thank you Zoof!

RichWood

broken shards cant be donated.
i say, just collect them and lose a couple if you cant get a Golden Abyss up and running quicklike. I find it to be a better long term implementation than the ToS.
I have one member, it says on his that they need help, but I cant seem to be to...

RichWood

I have one member, it says on his that they need help, but I cant seem to be to...

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm not sure if you have the new or old research tree (you started your city in May 2022, could be either) and I'm not sure when the new tree gives you the AW tech that has to be completed before you can help other players with leveling up their AWs. You may need to activate that tech. In the old tech tree the research was called 'Secret Ancient Wonders' and I think that should remain the same. I just don't know where it is in the new tree. In the old tech tree, it's in Ch2 just before the factory upgrade techs. You also need to activate that tech in order to build the ToS or GA.
You 'help' other players (can do this with any player in the same world, doesn't have to be an FS member) with AW's by donating KP when AW is in a 'research' phase instead of a 'rune' phase (my terms, lol! Not sure what else to call it!). Most levels are completed in the 'research' phase where either the AW owner or other players contribute KP. For other players who contribute KP, they can earn a reward chest by donating. Those chests are not available to the AW owner.
Runes and Broken Shards are different. The rune wheel has to be completed before building the AW; you use Runes and/or forge a rune from Broken Shards to fill the wheel. The rune wheel will next appear when AW is lvl 5 and you'll have to fill it to upgrade to lvl 6. This happens again from lvl 10-11, lvl 15-16, lvl 20-21, etc. No one but the AW owner can do that.