• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Show which chapter fellowship members are in on fellowship tab

Deleted User - 281932

If you go visit their city you can usually tell what chapter they are in by the settlement buildings they’re building. If there isn’t any and they are between chapters then it may be tough to tell.

I find this suggestion to be an invasion of privacy. I wouldn't support it.

Tell you what, if we can get the Perks for a Fellowship to show for non-members, then I might support this as a compromise, but by itself, no.

Soleil Nightbloom

There are a few ways to tell which chapter players are in. You could ask the players which chapter they are in, visit elvenstats, or go look them up on the world map. In the world map the images of neighboring cities changes when they progress to another chapter. The wiki page has the different pictures for various chapters for both elves and humans, https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=World_Map#Neighboring_Cities

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
There are a few ways to tell which chapter players are in. You could ask the players which chapter they are in, visit elvenstats, or go look them up on the world map. In the world map the images of neighboring cities changes when they progress to another chapter. The wiki page has the different pictures for various chapters for both elves and humans, https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=World_Map#Neighboring_Cities
Thank you for that link, Soleil! Learn something new every day. :)

Just because a piece of information is available in some arcane corner somewhere, does not mean that making it generally and publicly available is fair game, nor that it makes no impact upon privacy. Plus, elvenstats is delayed historical information. This suggestion involves real-time information. The argument against this being an invasion of privacy appears to be, surprise-surprise, a false equivalency.

I still think this is a worthy bargaining chip though. Give us the Perks, you can have my chapter. Seems like a fair trade.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Just because a piece of information is available in some arcane corner somewhere, does not mean that making it generally and publicly available is fair game, nor that it makes no impact upon privacy. Plus, elvenstats is delayed historical information. This suggestion involves real-time information. The argument against this being an invasion of privacy appears to be, surprise-surprise, a false equivalency.

I still think this is a worthy bargaining chip though. Give us the Perks, you can have my chapter. Seems like a fair trade.
If you want to make a separate suggestion about perks then you should make one. Holding another player's completely unrelated suggestion hostage to your idea seems a bit unfair.
We can already see which chapter you are in just by looking at the buildings in your city. All this would do is save us from having to open your city. How would this be an invasion of your privacy?

hvariidh gwendrot

i can go either way for the suggestion, however E stats is about as instant as it gets for a dataminer, and this isn't a real world name, or home address or phone number, it is an additional discriptor of your city for a game everyone is already participating in

Alram

Flippers just flip
How would players be ranked on the FS list? Currently, players are listed by ranking points.

Flashfyre

How would players be ranked on the FS list? Currently, players are listed by ranking points.
If I understand the OP's intention correctly, there would be no change to the current ranking, as this suggestion involves just adding the Chapter icon to each FS member's data line (showing their avatar, name, points, and the AW and NH buttons).
There is no reason to rank members as to which chapter they are in, since everyone plays at different speeds; some race through chapters, others take it slow, and some just park.

elvenbee

It literally is publicly available to the many users that use elvenstats, for free, so there's no impact on privacy. It literally is one of first websites that is typically recommended to new players. As @Alram already stated, we can also go to their city and see based on their buildings. Also, most players are constantly discussing what chapter they're in. The argument isn't a false equivalence when the information is already public.....

If you have ideas or suggestions, create your own thread. Don't hijack someone else's.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It literally is publicly available to the many users that use elvenstats, for free, so there's no impact on privacy. It literally is one of first websites that is typically recommended to new players.

It is also a 3rd party player-owned site and not official Innogames property, and probably based in the US, or would likely violate the GDPR and get shut down if it were in the EU. We have been told on the forums many times that some things we want in the game would violate the GDPR for privacy reasons, the main one being the ability to see how active all players are, their last time logged in, etc. But as has been said, just seeing a player's current chapter already exists in-game, so putting that in a more convenient place would be fine.