• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't think I've been this excited to place a building since I thought the Spot of Whispering Trees and the Blue Father Trees were the most desirable buildings in the game! I'll start it in a couple hours when a builder is free.
I do want to make sure I am correctly applying the formula it uses to determine training size. Level 1 is 6x armory levels. I have 3 lvl 22 armories. Add those together, multiply by 6 and I get 396 additional training size. My lvl 6 Dwarven Bulwark is only giving 323, and it takes up 3 more squares of space (not to mention the cost of leveling!); that's why I'm a bit nervous about this number. As long as this is correct, the number of units I can train at one time will be greater than the number of units in my squad size. To this point, I have always trained less than squad size. Having neglected training units at all for the first several months, I've played catch-up for awhile. I have no real measure of what the desirable ratio range between these 2 numbers would look like.
In the last few weeks, I've begun to feel like I have a solid inventory of troops. I tend to only need to be conservative in their use in later rounds of higher provinces when I'm pushing for 2500+ points; losses are more expensive than goods at that point. I've maybe lost 1-2 fights in map provinces in the last couple weeks and had to cater. Otherwise, I'm still clearing map provinces with troops. My training grounds (lvl 10) and merc camp (lvl 4) are too fast; there is idle time overnight. Only irritates me during tournaments like this one where I need to be training troops from both those bldgs; this AW should help with that a bunch.
Did I mention I'm really excited?!:D:D

qaccy

My lvl 6 Dwarven Bulwark is only giving 323, and it takes up 3 more squares of space (not to mention the cost of leveling!); that's why I'm a bit nervous about this number

Just want to correct this bit: The Dwarven Bulwark (7x4) is actually 8 squares larger than the SSS (5x4). Solid effect on training size in any case, and greatly reduces the need to train (barracks) light range units so you can focus on other unit productions instead, perhaps the more specialized light range units from the MC and/or TG.

@SoggyShorts I can't research the Elemental upgrade to the TG soon enough because it's almost infuriating having it train 50% slower than my Barracks and MC, especially in tournaments like this one (dust) and planks where I really want to utilize a lot of TG units but end up hamstrung by the significantly longer training times. It does make it tough to match that goal because of the possibility of all 3 training buildings having different training times though - after the Elementals upgrades are done the TG will actually be faster than the other two as well.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
after the Elementals upgrades are done the TG will actually be faster than the other two as well.

Plus the elemental wonder that will boost its training time and the much needed boost to LM troops.

@samidodamage I also love my SSS, although it does tend to make me want to level my needles for faster production ;) I think the best balance is to cover your gap while offline. Whether you do this by building more armouries and levelling wonders or by keeping lower level barracks and other production buildings will depend on your preferred strategy. Personally I prefer to have the production buildings maxed and compensate with armouries/wonders.

DeletedUser9247

After all the military upgrades I wanted to do- Barracks at 22, TG- 14 and MC- 5 lvl and with lvl 7 Bulwark, I was left with 4,5h to 5h queue- way way to short to manage.
Nuked my culture just to build Shrooms(...well Shrooms and P Towers at once at the expense of WE habitat) and I'm impressed - queue jumped to max 7,5h with just 1 lvl(not planning more than 2 armories I have, lvl 24).
I was holding off just because how ugly this wonder is, but it makes up for it.