• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Silver league

Matrickz

You have to spend stupid amounts of real cash to get into silver and forget gold level. STOP IT. Way unfair

Moho

Chef
IMG02.jpg

Matrickz

negative. got silver in both my cities without spending a dime. no stash houses, no special offers, nada. i went for the most cost effective chest every time, got all the evolves, plus portraits and the Tome after that in one of my cities.
What is a stash house

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
What is a stash house
It's a small building that you can buy on the second day of the event that gives +1 to all city litter pickup. Many folks feel that it affects the rate at which they receive 2 and 3 value event currency drops however. I only ever bought the Moon Mirror, on Beta, it was a unique building out for Spring Equinox event

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yes, but they should wait until the last hour so they stop bidding eachother up.

negative. got silver in both my cities without spending a dime. no stash houses, no special offers, nada. i went for the most cost effective chest every time, got all the evolves, plus portraits and the Tome after that in one of my cities.

@SoggyShorts The thing is, even if they wait until the last hour, wouldn't that have the same effect? Wouldn't that just bid it up anyway? And if so, wouldn't it also mean less time for those pushed out of silver to respond?

I followed @defiantoneks strategy in my second city and a different one in my largest. In my largest city I cleared Silver by about 12-15 points. I choose the chest with the highest percentage of winning more scrolls (or whatever they were). In doing so I must have received about 500 more than in my other city where I selected simply the chest that was most cost effective -- meaning per point moved forward. The 20 was the most cost effective, then the 80 and 72, I believe. In any case, I suspect either method...cost effective or gambling for scrolls would get you a lot closer to silver than doing nothing. I fell short on my second city by about 6 but that's certainly within the margin of expected variance, so more testing of the two methods would be necessary. In both cities I fed the Ashen Phoenix and that was all.

And finally, the Stash building is only good if you are the type of player who collects every day, several times a day. The less you do that, even if you do everything else, the less it helps.

AJ

Dew Spinner

@SoggyShorts The thing is, even if they wait until the last hour, wouldn't that have the same effect? Wouldn't that just bid it up anyway? And if so, wouldn't it also mean less time for those pushed out of silver to respond?

I followed @defiantoneks strategy in my second city and a different one in my largest. In my largest city I cleared Silver by about 12-15 points. I choose the chest with the highest percentage of winning more scrolls (or whatever they were). In doing so I must have received about 500 more than in my other city where I selected simply the chest that was most cost effective -- meaning per point moved forward. The 20 was the most cost effective, then the 80 and 72, I believe. In any case, I suspect either method...cost effective or gambling for scrolls would get you a lot closer to silver than doing nothing. I fell short on my second city by about 6 but that's certainly within the margin of expected variance, so more testing of the two methods would be necessary. In both cities I fed the Ashen Phoenix and that was all.

And finally, the Stash building is only good if you are the type of player who collects every day, several times a day. The less you do that, even if you do everything else, the less it helps.

AJ
The Leagues are frozen 1hr before the end, so anyone at a certain level stays there and new players who attain whatever level are added but nobody is bumped out, but I bet less than 1% of the player base know this.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Generally no. Some of the people who buy their way in won't be watching closely the last hour so there will be fewer players competing. This is especially true for North American players, as the the event runs out in the middle of the night and most people aren't going to get up at that time to see if they are still in the league they want.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
You have to spend stupid amounts of real cash to get into silver and forget gold level. STOP IT. Way unfair
I have 3 cities. Got to silver in 2 of them. Essentially I had very good luck in 1 and it was well above the silver cut-off on the final day. My other 2 cities were both borderline. I had saved the 100 scroll email for the final day. The city I applied it to also got silver by 2 points. If the email could go to all cities, I might have made silver in my 3rd city as well.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Yes, but they should wait until the last hour so they stop bidding eachother up.
If even 10% of players decided to spend most event currency in the last hour of the game this would be great, but we won't. Most players target certain days. They spend all their currency on day x and bump people out of a league. I think we all do it. I can't get grumpy that the player i just bumped into silver regained the spot I just took by bumping someone else. It is very pvpish.

defiantoneks

i play my currency mostly on days with daily prizes i value and want. so i may go several days in a row without gaining a single step toward evolves or whatever milestone prize is up. so if i "bump" someone out of a league its entirely by circumstance.

and as mentioned, the event ends at o-dark-thirty here so i am not staying up or getting up to spend hoarded points just to see if i can squeeze into the next level.