• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Simplify this please

Please allow us to go about our day without extra carpal tunnel. Thank you.
easy.png

Understand that I love people, but somethings annoy me and there isn't enough time or coffee in this world to answer everyones questions that they could conclude for themselves. Please don't take this as rude or hating, and please don't ask next for me to make the formula and code for this next.

1 Question: - what happens if all culture buildings are polished. are you marked as unable to be helped, or does MH or builder become available?

1 Answer: (There is only 1 plausible answer, it would need to be placed on the next available thing, whether it be Culture, Mainhall, or Builder.)

2 Question: - assuming the "give FS help" would help ALL of your FS at once, what happens if someone's preferred help is no longer available?

2 Answer: (If a culture item was already select - The same thing that happens now, a message would pop up stating so. If you have no more culture buildings it would be placed on either MH or B. Coders choice.)

3 Question: - what happens if your storage for coin or supply becomes full partway through helping all members?

3 Answer: (The same thing that happens now, a message would pop up stating so.)

4 Question: - would it be possible for a single click to help multiple people? a) for coding purposes and b) what if someone else simultaneously helped what you were "assigned" to click (ask because this happens with current status, let alone if you're pinging up to 24 people at once)

4 Answer: (a. *The whole idea is for 1 click help rather than individual clicking. b. *The same thing that happens now, a message would pop up stating it has already been helped.

5 Question: - would this interfere with the 3 help chests you get? how would they be awarded or labeled if you Help multiple people at once?

5 Answer: ( 3 chests "bonus" chests are rewarded each day, this can be displayed after the help button has been clicked.)

6 Question: - There would need to be a pop-up showing what you got from all the NH chests.

6 Answer: (Yes)

7 Question: - What is given if someone hasn't checked an item in their setting? Is there a default selection for you? (I'd prefer it be BH as the default, but I bet more people would prefer Culture). People need a few days to choose something since they may be out of town or a casual player in an FS.

7 Answer: (It would be random unless selected. This does not mean you could no longer help individual cities however you'd like by doing it as it is done now. Meaning you can still give individual help, or have the option on a busy day to help everyone at once.)

8 Question: - Depending on the answer about the MH storage filling, this could also be applied to all visits in the notification dialog or the neighborhood dialog for the world. Of course, doing it for the entire world neighborhood could leave your city locked for a bit since all cities since all cities would have to be visited before you can continue. With over 400 cities in my neighborhood. Boy, would this help during an FA for making a few coin badges.

8 Answer: (Lets keep on topic, we are talking about Fellowship help atm.)

9 Question: - Since you won't be seeing what you are giving help to each player, the conflict of trying to contribute to the same thing pretty much goes away, but that could still be a difficulty in programming.

9 Answer: (Good thing you aren't programing this.)

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Excellent. This is FS visits in its final form, love it.
NH choice.png

defiantoneks

can you elaborate on the details please? like:
- what happens if all culture buildings are polished. are you marked as unable to be helped, or does MH or builder become available?
- assuming the "give FS help" would help ALL of your FS at once, what happens if someone's preferred help is no longer available?
- what happens if your storage for coin or supply becomes full partway through helping all members?
- would it be possible for a single click to help multiple people? a) for coding purposes and b) what if someone else simultaneously helped what you were "assigned" to click (ask because this happens with current status, let alone if you're pinging up to 24 people at once)
- would this interfere with the 3 help chests you get? how would they be awarded or labeled if you Help multiple people at once?

-What do you do when your shoe is on the wrong foot?
-What happens if you drop something on the floor?
-Where do you go when you get done with something?
-If something happens later what will you do now?

These are all questions left to be answered by the one in charge of their life/game. This is up to the programmers to answer how they would like things to be. ;)

Yogi Dave

Does the selection in your setting apply to what you give to FS members or is it what the member would receive? I presume it's the latter, but this needs to be explicitly stated.

All of @defiantoneks questions need to be answered.
Also:
- There would need to be a pop-up showing what you got from all the NH chests.
- What is given if someone hasn't checked an item in their setting? Is there a default selection for you? (I'd prefer it be BH as the default, but I bet more people would prefer Culture). People need a few days to choose something since they may be out of town or a casual player in an FS.
- Depending on the answer about the MH storage filling, this could also be applied to all visits in the notification dialog or the neighborhood dialog for the world. Of course, doing it for the entire world neighborhood could leave your city locked for a bit since all cities since all cities would have to be visited before you can continue. With over 400 cities in my neighborhood. Boy, would this help during an FA for making a few coin badges.
- Since you won't be seeing what you are giving help to each player, the conflict of trying to contribute to the same thing pretty much goes away, but that could still be a difficulty in programming.

The answers to these questions should be edited into your original post.

On another point, the format of threads in "Ideas and Suggestions" are supposed to follow the guidelines in Ideas and Suggestions - Read before posting. I presume this is ok for now, but soon should be modified to follow the guidelines. As is, I don't think before the mod could start a poll.

SoggyShorts

what happens if
What is given if someone hasn't checked an item in their setting?
There's no perfect fix, but IMO the simplest one that will cover most cases is that
1. Builder always gets priority until full (again, not perfect, but at least its never useless)
2. Based on your selection (only 1 choice) Culture until nothing is available, or mainhall until full*
3. then it switches to the third option.

* does your MH are the visit receiver still fill up after 20 visits or am i misremembering?

SoggyShorts

what happens if your storage for coin or supply becomes full partway through helping all members?
The same thing as when you try to start all of your armories but don't have enough tools. But in reverse I guess.

would it be possible for a single click to help multiple people?
Many other games do it, so probably

Rest will have to wait for someone less sleepy than I

Yogi Dave

The same thing as when you try to start all of your armories but don't have enough tools. But in reverse I guess.
This was Soggy's answer to
what happens if your storage for coin or supply becomes full partway through helping all members?
When you don't have enough hammers to fill all the armories, the number shown on the dialog is reduced to what can be filled. In this case it could start the collection and when it hits a point where your MH would overflow with either the coins or hammers, it'd bring up a message box as it does now and show how much each would be lost if you continue. Continuing would finish the FS collection with you losing the overflowing. Stopping would allow you to spend what would overflow and you'd restart the FS collection.
Builder always gets priority until full (again, not perfect, but at least its never useless)
I've always thought this since there is a fixed number of buffs that don't go away until you use them. The question then becomes which do you switch to culture or MH? Since I don't have many houses or workshops and with my sanctuary and watchtower ruins provide 80% of my required culture, a culture buff is not what I want (except during an FA). But that's just me. I think the majority would prefer it switching to culture, which would be fine with me.

Understand that I love people, but somethings annoy me and there isn't enough time or coffee in this world to answer everyone's questions that they could conclude for themselves. Please don't take this as rude or hating, and please don't ask next for me to make the formula and code for this next. :D

1 Question: - what happens if all culture buildings are polished. are you marked as unable to be helped, or does MH or builder become available?

1 Answer: (There is only 1 plausible answer, it would need to be placed on the next available thing, whether it be Culture, Mainhall, or Builder.)

2 Question: - assuming the "give FS help" would help ALL of your FS at once, what happens if someone's preferred help is no longer available?

2 Answer: (If a culture item was already select - The same thing that happens now, a message would pop up stating so. If you have no more culture buildings it would be placed on either MH or B. Coders choice.)

3 Question: - what happens if your storage for coin or supply becomes full partway through helping all members?

3 Answer: (The same thing that happens now, a message would pop up stating so.)

4 Question: - would it be possible for a single click to help multiple people? a) for coding purposes and b) what if someone else simultaneously helped what you were "assigned" to click (ask because this happens with current status, let alone if you're pinging up to 24 people at once)

4 Answer: (a. *The whole idea is for 1 click help rather than individual clicking. b. *The same thing that happens now, a message would pop up stating it has already been helped.)

5 Question: - would this interfere with the 3 help chests you get? how would they be awarded or labeled if you Help multiple people at once?

5 Answer: ( 3 chests "bonus" chests are rewarded each day, this can be displayed after the help button has been clicked.)

6 Question: - There would need to be a pop-up showing what you got from all the NH chests.

6 Answer: (Yes)

7 Question: - What is given if someone hasn't checked an item in their setting? Is there a default selection for you? (I'd prefer it be BH as the default, but I bet more people would prefer Culture). People need a few days to choose something since they may be out of town or a casual player in an FS.

7 Answer: (It would be random unless selected. This does not mean you could no longer help individual cities however you'd like by doing it as it is done now. Meaning you can still give individual help, or have the option on a busy day to help everyone at once.)

8 Question: - Depending on the answer about the MH storage filling, this could also be applied to all visits in the notification dialog or the neighborhood dialog for the world. Of course, doing it for the entire world neighborhood could leave your city locked for a bit since all cities since all cities would have to be visited before you can continue. With over 400 cities in my neighborhood. Boy, would this help during an FA for making a few coin badges.

8 Answer: (Lets keep on topic, we are talking about Fellowship help atm.)

9 Question: - Since you won't be seeing what you are giving help to each player, the conflict of trying to contribute to the same thing pretty much goes away, but that could still be a difficulty in programming.

9 Answer: (Good thing you aren't programing this.)

Pheryll

Set Designer
After 20 visits all other MH visits fall on the floor. 20 visits give 10% of your MH according to the few chapters I've checked.

The percentage that 20 visits is of the total capacity decreases as you move forward in the chapters.

Silver Lady

This seems to address NH to members of your FS only. What about all your neighbors that are on your map that you give NH or at least the ones that are in your notification tab (mobile users). Are these to be ignored or left as is to maintain that chance for carpal tunnel?

Yogi Dave

After 20 visits all other MH visits fall on the floor. 20 visits give 10% of your MH according to the few chapters I've checked.

This seems to address NH to members of your FS only. What about all your neighbors that are on your map that you give NH or at least the ones that are in your notification tab (mobile users). Are these to be ignored or left as is to maintain that chance for carpal tunnel?
If your post is referring to my post, then maybe there is a misunderstanding. What is lost is the visits to your MH. Visits to them still gives you coins, and hammers if it's a gold hand. So, it's never a waste to visit someone. The loss is to them if they don't collect from their MH before 20 visits. This is from the wiki at the very bottom of the Neighborly Help page.

"The Main Hall generates Coins that can be instantly collected. The amount depends on its level. Up to 20 help contributions (coins) can be stored. After that, you have to collect the coins, before you can receive more."
The percentage that 20 visits is of the total capacity decreases as you move forward in the chapters.
I had read in someone's post that the amount was 20%, so carefully checked the amount I was getting per visit. Currently, my MH is level 45 and capped at 200-million-coin storage. I get 1 million from each person who visits me which is a twentieth of the cap. (I get 300K when I visit them).

I've asked some of my FS members to let me know what they get in their MH when visited. It'd be nice to know how each chapter or MH level affects the amount received per visit.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm against this. In general it sounds like a good idea but their are all kinds of impacts that are, in my opinion, negative.

First, there is the impact of not paying attention to your fs. If everybody clicks on the "insta-click" visitation button and goes about their business they have no idea how strong the visiting is. On the other hand, it may be they get more visitors as it's easier, but you probably wouldn't notice that.

Second, while fewer clicks sounds nice, with the insta-click, you not only lose information, you lose control. At some point I want to use the coins/supplies the visit uses, not see them disappear into the great bit bucket. I want to be able to spend the gold/supplies in my storage when they become full rather than see the rest of my visits do nothing...and in my case they get full quite often.

Third, from the questions and answers given it's obvious this would take a lot of programming. And I'd rather have that programming effort put to something else...like a pre-battle map or empty/hidden square finder.

So, from my perspective the negatives out-weigh the positives of this suggestion. I'd vote no.

(Having said that, though, I'm still persuadable. Just maybe I've missed something?)

AJ

Pheryll

Set Designer
I had read in someone's post that the amount was 20%, so carefully checked the amount I was getting per visit. Currently, my MH is level 45 and capped at 200-million-coin storage. I get 1 million from each person who visits me which is a twentieth of the cap. (I get 300K when I visit them).

You can read the wiki, it has a column for it. The level one main hall gives 1% per visit (20% in twenty visits) while the level 45 main hall gives 0.5% per visit (10% in twenty visits).

Yogi Dave

You can read the wiki, it has a column for it. The level one main hall gives 1% per visit (20% in twenty visits) while the level 45 main hall gives 0.5% per visit (10% in twenty visits).
Thanks for pointing it out it was in the wiki. I'd looked there, but under the Neighborhood Help section, not the Main Hal section. Even if I had been looking there, I don't think I'd have noticed the math I'd have to do.

The percent of MH capacity is 100 times 'effect' times 20 divided by capacity.