• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Snow Crystals

• Thread starter DeletedUser1349
  • Start date

DeletedUser1349

Snow Crystals

OK, this is what I know so far.

1) They can randomly appear with a ringtone warning while you have your city open.

2) They can appear or already be there when you logon with a popup and ringtone warning.

3) Just relogging does not make them appear.

Unanswered question so far ~ Can we have more than one in our city at a time? Like you don't log in for awhile and they pile up until you log back in? Or you stay online but away from keyboard, will they pile up or do you have to collect to get another one?

DeletedUser2191

Snow Crystals

OK, this is what I know so far.

1) They can randomly appear with a ringtone warning while you have your city open.

2) They can appear or already be there when you logon with a popup and ringtone warning.

3) Just relogging does not make them appear.

Unanswered question so far ~ Can we have more than one in our city at a time? Like you don't log in for awhile and they pile up until you log back in? Or you stay online but away from keyboard, will they pile up or do you have to collect to get another one?

Based on what has been reported in these forums from beta server, they will accumulate. Seems the maximum accumulation is 6 hours as someone had been off for 9 hours and only got 6. Each crystal will give 1 - 3 snowflakes.

If you keep your account logged in but afk for a period of time, the crystals may not have popped. Go to your research tree, then back to your city and they will pop up.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I can confirm everything @Ludwig Vanhelsen posted.
Also it is possible that more than 1 crystal appears in the same hour, INNO said this in their video, but I'm not sure whether it ever happened. Whenever I logged in and found more than 1 I assumed I'd been gone over an hour

DeletedUser1349

Yes, I read all the info from beta but this is Live and my experience so far appears to be different (read = less). I'm wondering if Inno "pumped up the volume" for beta and we get less here in Live.

1) Is there something about going to the tech tree that is special, rather than another screen or relogging?

2) I worry that if we don't find the crystal in our city, we are stuck until we find it.

3) Anyone in Live verify we can get multiples in our city?

SoggyShorts

1) Is there something about going to the tech tree that is special, rather than another screen or relogging?
-not really, but it loads faster than the world map.
2) I worry that if we don't find the crystal in our city, we are stuck until we find it.
-when there is more than 1 crystal in your city you can find one, and then go to research and back. If there is no new pop-up telling you that a crystal has appeared you can stop looking.
-not yet on 4 cities, sorry will update if I notice it. BTW the handful of us that tracked it averaged 30 snowflakes per day with 9h in row of being offline.

DeletedUser2191

-not really, but it loads faster than the world map.
-when there is more than 1 crystal in your city you can find one, and then go to research and back. If there is no new pop-up telling you that a crystal has appeared you can stop looking.
-not yet on 4 cities, sorry will update if I notice it. BTW the handful of us that tracked it averaged 30 snowflakes per day with 9h in row of being offline.

I was offline for a couple of hours, logged back in, got the crystal pop up, found 2 crystals in each of my 2 cities. This is on live servers.

SoggyShorts

I was offline for a couple of hours, logged back in, got the crystal pop up, found 2 crystals in each of my 2 cities. This is on live servers.
Good, so that is working the same as on Beta.

The only question now is whether you can collect all of the crystals, and then on the next hour have more than one appear at the same time as suggested in the INNO TV episode.

DeletedUser2191

Good, so that is working the same as on Beta.

The only question now is whether you can collect all of the crystals, and then on the next hour have more than one appear at the same time as suggested in the INNO TV episode.

Just my suspicion, when they said more than 1 at the same time, I think they meant to returning from being offline or afk for a period of time and finding an accumulation of crystals.

I was on for 2 hours, got 1 crystal a hour in each city. Off for 2 hours, returned and as previously mentioned got the accumulation of crystals. Early prognosis is only 1 per hour.

DeletedUser

I only got 2 citys i realy play, been off from one for like 3-5h (not shore) and i found in that like 5 diferent crystals and 2 were x2 snowflakes and 1 was x3 snowflake the rest x1, this on live server, hope it helps you

DeletedUser1349

OK, News report! It looks like all is well! Apparently the first logon "accepting" the Event starts the progress. I was shocked when I first logged in today that there were not crystals in my two worlds. I got them about one per hour so there was never time for them to accumulate. I just went away for a bit over an hour and returned logged in to popups and ring tones in both cities. There were also TWO crystals in both cities waiting for me. Chats with my two fellowships makes it sound like the 6 max at one time might be true also.

It just took awhile for the game to ramp up for me. Thankx guys especially you Soggy for all your hard work on this Event. I think I read you got help from the French. There are some hardcore gamers in France fer shure! I have also played Inno's The West for like forever 8 years and we always goto the French and their wiki for breaking new quest spoilers!

DeletedUser2191

Update, popped 3 crystals in 60 - 75 minutes of time being logged in for both cities.

DeletedUser2191

Update, popped 3 crystals in 60 - 75 minutes of time being logged in for both cities.

2nd Update - went offline from about 3 pm - just after 5 pm eastern time, should of accumulated 2 crystals during that time, ended up with 3 crystals for each of the 2 cities I have.

DeletedUser3312

Like many others I play in both Beta and the live server. Beta began a week before live on this event. I am on my computer all day long from about 8 am until about 10 pm.. I play, work, etc. here. there are times I go to volunteer at the homeless shelter or animal shelter but never more than 4 hours. anyway... when I get up in the morning I have 6 crystals. every day in each of my cities. that is the max you are going to get until you collect. some days, I get a lot.. my high is 26. some days I get a few.. low day 17 snowflakes. It seems to help when I scout, and clear provinces and come back to my city. visits I am not sure of as sometimes I get one most times not. and so I think it's just that 1 hr. normal drop. If you will go to my main city on winyandor... behind my main hall is a hill ... at the top of the hill. oh so dang often there is a crystal or treasure chest. I was doing the old hash tag posting on my tablet with each crystal and stopped after a week as there was not pattern that I could see. so.... that is my input.

DeletedUser5781

I'm new to the game, How do you find the snow crystals? Am I supposed to click on them if so what do they look like?

DeletedUser4522

I have found that the ice crystals are worth 1-3 snowflakes, so I think you are getting about 1/hr. regardless. :D

Edit:

They are BLUE, and at the edges of your property. Just be careful, as some seem to get lost in all the stuff at the top or left side...

DeletedUser43

upload_2016-12-7_15-12-40.png

They look like that. Look all around your city.