• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

....so long...

Drumpy

I've been playing for a while now. Liked everything about this...until this morning. I'm sure my playstyle is different from most, I don't fight to gain ground, I've been doing it all with trades. Then this morning something new shows up as being needed...Orcs. I need Orcs for trading for land... In simplest terms you are trying to make of me a SLAVE TRADER! This concept is antithetical for an elf. Elves rever ALL LIFE! Sure Elves fight like madmen but I can not make myself believe that ANY Elf would be a slavetrader.

Don't bother to respond, I won't be back. This isn't the first game I've left because of differences but usually it's AFTER the DEV'S rip me off somehow. That didn't happen here so it's NOT a ragequit.

I'm leaving out of extreme disappointment....... :(

shimmerfly

@Drumpy Not slaves at all. This is just one description I found. They stem from some great old fiction. Not just Tolkien. Too bad your don't feel your up to the challenge of producing them so your game can continue. Maybe you should look them up before you quit.

Orc
An orc is a fictional humanoid creature that is part of a fantasy race akin to goblins. While the overall concept of orcs draws on a variety of pre-existing mythology, the main conception of the creatures stems from the fantasy writings of J. R. R. Tolkien, in particular The Lord of the Rings.Wikipedia

Gath Of Baal

So if you are going by the "role playing" of an Elf it would all depend of what type of Elf you are trying to represent.. A Drow or Dark Elf would indeed have slaves, this is just part of their culture..

I think by the time you need orcs for anything you have ceased being an Elf anyways. you stopped being an Elf as soon as you started the Dwarf chapter :p your whole elven society magically transformed into Dwarves overnight then again transformed into Fairies, then changed again into Orcs. You will change again into Wood Elves which might make you happy until you change into Humans the very next chapter :p

bkbajb

I've been playing for a while now. Liked everything about this...until this morning. I'm sure my playstyle is different from most, I don't fight to gain ground, I've been doing it all with trades. Then this morning something new shows up as being needed...Orcs. I need Orcs for trading for land... In simplest terms you are trying to make of me a SLAVE TRADER! This concept is antithetical for an elf. Elves rever ALL LIFE! Sure Elves fight like madmen but I can not make myself believe that ANY Elf would be a slavetrader.

Don't bother to respond, I won't be back. This isn't the first game I've left because of differences but usually it's AFTER the DEV'S rip me off somehow. That didn't happen here so it's NOT a ragequit.

I'm leaving out of extreme disappointment....... :(

Ok bye. Too bad it gets fun and more challenging after orcs. Probably best you quit now

DeletedUser

Elves rever ALL LIFE!

No, no they do not.

Elves revere Nature. Even Elves given to Darkness like Drow and some other Elvish races revere spiders and their ilk. They do not, however, revere races who devote their hearts and energies to Evil, and to waste. Humans, Orcs, and Goblins consume everything around them, poison the land, the sea and air so that the environment is unfit for Life. Dwarves care only for what concerns them, what serves them. Giants and Trolls fall somewhere in between. And Dragons...well, Dragons are another thing entirely.

Look at the world's Mythologies (the original source material for the fiction and the games), it's full of Elves and Fairies that don't give two snots about "all life." Are you familiar with the Unseelie Court? They'd just as soon kill you as not, and that's simply because you're human. Unless the one you've encountered happens to be feeling incredibly charitable on that particular day (maybe it's Thorsdag), and you just so happen to be wearing chartreuse, their favorite shade of green, and you're whistling a tune by Falco, the only human they've ever actually not hated, and you have in your pocket a bag of ginger candy, which you place in their open waiting hand because they know you have it and you realize your life depends on it. Or maybe they let you live simply because they see cat hair on your shirt, and a cat saved their mother's life when she was a baby. You just never know with the Unseelie.

Now...where was I? Oh, yeah...

So you've decided to leave because you've the warm fuzzies for Orcs. They'd eat you, you know. They wouldn't think twice. Break your bones and suck out the marrow without blinking. And speaking of eating...if you were here for the Robert Redbeard event, the one that was all about participating in wholesale slaughter of animals and trophy hunting for a couple of buildings from some greedy, disgusting Orc, and were alright with that, but are now bemoaning the use of Orc "slaves" whilst proclaiming "Elves revere ALL LIFE"...there's something not quite right there.

Anyway...I like drag queens, not drama queens, so, buh bye. ;)

Drumpy

I see the OP was viewing this thread 45 minutes ago, so I guess:

meant nothing...

It also said DON'T BOTHER TO RESPOND, didn't it?

I had to rethink leaving. I had made promises to members of the group I WAS ARCHMAGE for. I resigned but will continue, I just won't be "capturing" any more territory. . Any further expansions of my land will be through KP ONLY.

And to the one that said I CAN'T "meet the challenge" I say What Challenge? There's no Challenge in this game. I call these "book keeping games".

So y'all can go on being Slavers if you choose. It just goes to the now normal immorality of modern society....

Drumpy

CONGRATS

The committee has chosen this as

BEST COMEDY THREAD OF THE MONTH

PS

Good luck with that

I really don't care all that much...except for the money I've dropped here. I'm waiting for the pre-Alpha of 'City of Titans' to drop and I'm back to being a Super Hero. I paid into the Kickstarter 5 years ago and it's almost up and running. Come find me there where I'm known as Ar Kain, The Wizard of a Thousand Kings... ;)

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
It also said DON'T BOTHER TO RESPOND, didn't it?

I had to rethink leaving. I had made promises to members of the group I WAS ARCHMAGE for. I resigned but will continue, I just won't be "capturing" any more territory. . Any further expansions of my land will be through KP ONLY.

And to the one that said I CAN'T "meet the challenge" I say What Challenge? There's no Challenge in this game. I call these "book keeping games".

So y'all can go on being Slavers if you choose. It just goes to the now normal immorality of modern society....

I will admit when I hit the stage that asked for orcs as well as goods I was a little let down. The developers could have and should have changed orcs to mushrooms or something in my opinion, just so they wouldn't have post like this and players feeling that they are doing something evil.
That being said there are only really two things you can do here to continue to grow your city with expansions. One, you can learn how to fight and build up your troops, you wont need orcs to trade that way. Or two, you can look at it like you are freeing X number of orcs into the free world to wreak havoc and mayhem as you give them up for the expansion!! Both will work and you can continue on your journey in Elvenar and enjoy all the guest races to come!

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How hard is it to imagine that you are in fact freeing slaves?
The cost is 100 orcs, who says that you are capturing and selling them?
Is it not just as possible that the price is that you must purchase and free 100 orcs?
The armories that "produce" orcs could easily be producing them by trading supplies for the now freed orcs.

I find the virtue signalling from OP to be pathetic.
Seriously your imagination is so strong and your immersion so deep that the idea of elves having slaves offends you, yet you can't come up with something as simple as the above?

Face it, you just want an excuse to be offended so that you can piggyback on someone else's victimhood--even if it's imaginary.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Nobody has to feel guilt over what their ancestors did. Every person alive has ancestors who killed for personal gain. There's no one on earth who doesn't have blood on their ancestors' hands. It's a choice to feel guilty about it, and it's a choice to try to impose that guilt on others. You can choose to feel bad about it, and no one can stop you from doing so. I can choose to view it as a prisoner exchange for land. Walking away from a game that makes you feel guilty is guilt. Wringing your hands in public over a game is not feeling guilt, It's attempting to impose your guilt on others.