• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

So What Does an Archmage do NOW?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
In the past, I always offered fellowship anniversary prizes, games, quizzes, and challenges to keep the fellowship fun. The prizes were always KP, since that's basically the only prize an archmage or mages can give a player without the player having to go out of their way to claim something.

Now that Inno has basically DESTROYED an AM's ability to give prizes, since so many wonders are filled and they can't upgrade, what does anyone suggest? Forget gifts entirely? Is there any other fun activity that we can do?

I've thought of offering to accept a zero star trade as a gift, but then the player has to put up the trade, and sometimes they just feel funny doing so ... they're afraid their neighbors will think they are gougers. I obviously can't put up a good three star trade for them because it's likely they won't grab it in time, even with advance warning ... their computer could hiccup or the older ones just aren't fast enough.

So is there anything we can do to keep our fellowships fun now that Inno has thrown a wet blanket on all the activities?

Let's think up some alternates, please ... I'm out of ideas.

(By the way, I've stepped down as AM, but I'm asking for the group anyway.)

Myne

Oh Wise One
I was thinking about the gifts issue the other day and became so frustrated.
In the past, I always offered fellowship anniversary prizes, games, quizzes, and challenges to keep the fellowship fun. The prizes were always KP, since that's basically the only prize an archmage or mages can give a player without the player having to go out of their way to claim something.

Now that Inno has basically DESTROYED an AM's ability to give prizes, since so many wonders are filled and they can't upgrade, what does anyone suggest? Forget gifts entirely? Is there any other fun activity that we can do?

I've thought of offering to accept a zero star trade as a gift, but then the player has to put up the trade, and sometimes they just feel funny doing so ... they're afraid their neighbors will think they are gougers. I obviously can't put up a good three star trade for them because it's likely they won't grab it in time, even with advance warning ... their computer could hiccup or the older ones just aren't fast enough.

So is there anything we can do to keep our fellowships fun now that Inno has thrown a wet blanket on all the activities?

Let's think up some alternates, please ... I'm out of ideas.

(By the way, I've stepped down as AM, but I'm asking for the group anyway.)

Silver Lady

Sorry, I’ve got nothing and in the same boat. It’s very very very frustrating. Come on Inno give us a way to pass on to FS members some things other than KPs to AWs and goods.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Here are four perk ideas I placed in the suggestions thread on discord, I realize that none of them give the AM a direct way to reward fellowship members, but similar ideas can be used.

Perk Idea- Spell Fragment Sharing
With this new perk every visit to fellowship member that has recently visited you gives them 1 spell fragment per level of this perk in addition to the supplies.

Perk Idea: Combined Adventuring
With this new perk every time a map is completed in fellowship adventures, the players that contributed to the map each receive 1 combining catalyst per perk level in addition to the regular map rewards.

Perk Idea: Extended Trade Routes
With this new perk each fellowship member can, in addition to trading with each other, be able to accept standard good trades from neighbors of any other fellowship member up to 1 + perk level number of hexes away from their city (the trade fee may apply).

Perk Idea: Royal Renovation
Every 15 - perk level polishes from fellowship members to an event building not at current chapter will reduce the royal restorations needed to upgrade that building to the next chapter by one.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Here are four perk ideas I placed in the suggestions thread on discord, I realize that none of them give the AM a direct way to reward fellowship members, but similar ideas can be used.

Perk Idea- Spell Fragment Sharing
With this new perk every visit to fellowship member that has recently visited you gives them 1 spell fragment per level of this perk in addition to the supplies.

Perk Idea: Combined Adventuring
With this new perk every time a map is completed in fellowship adventures, the players that contributed to the map each receive 1 combining catalyst per perk level in addition to the regular map rewards.

Perk Idea: Extended Trade Routes
With this new perk each fellowship member can, in addition to trading with each other, be able to accept standard good trades from neighbors of any other fellowship member up to 1 + perk level number of hexes away from their city (the trade fee may apply).

Perk Idea: Royal Renovation
Every 15 - perk level polishes from fellowship members to an event building not at current chapter will reduce the royal restorations needed to upgrade that building to the next chapter by one.
Excellent ideas. Thanks for posting them on the dreaded site.
I would really like to see archmages be able to gift items once a week. One way to boost morale and keep folks working hard to succeed.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Thanks for all the responses, everyone. I guess we're all in the same boat ... no way for an archmage to reward their members. KP used to be so loved by all of the members ... they would play my Freaky Friday challenges and lots of other things. Now, it's impossible to get most people to engage. Responses have dropped from 10 to 2, and those two are only doing it to make me feel better, not because they want the kp.

What Inno needs to learn to do is to actually ask members about all the aspects of play that they don't seem to know about or understand, and then find a way to alleviate problems before they cause them. JMHO.