• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Some Problems...

DeletedUser

I have a quest to get my Culture Bonus to 150%. I did 150% a couple of times at the beginning of my city, but there isn't anyway I'm going to be able to do it now. This must be done at the beginning of the city, when culture is easy, or be declined.

When upgrading a house from Level 4 to 5. I can do 2x2 to 3x2 if the street is on the top of the buildling, but not if it is on the bottom part of the building. In other words, if I have a street at the bottom part of the building and 2 free spaces at the top, it still says I don't meet the requirements for space. I then move my buildings around and place the Level 4 House at my other street which is at the "top" of my house and have the two free spaces below, and then it allows me too.

When laying several Simple Trails down, I only get 10 culture until I exit the program, and then restart, and it gives me the other culture. Example, I have 600 culture, I lay down 5 Simple Trails, and then I get a "10" culture bubble for all 5. I look at my Culture and it says 610. I then exit the program, and now have 650.

A suggestion, I really get thrown off my game when I have to click on the "Base" square in order to highlight the object. I tend to click on the house Icon or the Floating Ready Object ("Coins on the top of the houses when they are ready to collect"), but that doesn't work, you have to move down to the base land. I'm use to clicking on the object itself.

Another suggestion, have a turn on GRID turn off GRID button. When moving around objects, I can't seem to grasp how many squares I have and where. I usually click on MOVE and then have the grid come up so I can see how I'm going to have to move around my houses to get more space.

Thanks for looking. I have gotten around the problems except the 150% Culture.

DeletedUser61

When upgrading a house from Level 4 to 5. I can do 2x2 to 3x2 if the street is on the top of the buildling, but not if it is on the bottom part of the building. In other words, if I have a street at the bottom part of the building and 2 free spaces at the top, it still says I don't meet the requirements for space. I then move my buildings around and place the Level 4 House at my other street which is at the "top" of my house and have the two free spaces below, and then it allows me too.
There's something else going on, because you should have been able to wiggle the house a bit and them move it into the 3x2 space.
  • 3x2 is the opposite of FoE and traditional engineering coordinate notation, but I still approve
    • the left coordinate indicates that the LEFT front edge will be 3
    • the right coordinate indicates that the RIGHT front edge will be 2
  • The program is also very clever about anticipating building movement toward the bottom edge of the map, either left or right, and will move the selected object a various number of squares depending on how deep into the object you click. It works wonderfully well if you have to move a whole row of houses, for example.
  • I suspect that your available space was BEHIND your building, whereas the "smart move" only looks toward the front of the building.
Experiment with it. Once you understand how it works, I'm convinced that you'll be pretty happy with the convenience.

I typically park an extra piece of roadway, or some decorations, at the corners of my available space, so the grid button would just be an extra click that I'd never use. If you think this all the way through, including how to get rid of the activated grid in between multiple moves so that you can see if your city still looks decent, I don't think you'll like your idea quite as much.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

• I suspect that your available space was BEHIND your building, whereas the "smart move" only looks toward the front of the building.
I'm really pushing the limit of what I can force into squares. I'm maximizing the most of my space. I have very little room to move stuff around. I remove roads and other object to relocate building. When I open two square behind the house, and check and make sure the spaces are empty by trying to move a statue into it, and then I find out I can't upgrade it to Level 5 because the space behind the building doesn't count. So I move the house back 1, leaving 2 spaces in front, but it won't let me upgrade it because now it's not touching any paths. If that's the way the program is implemented so be it then. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug.

Attachments

• house1.jpg
    house1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 64
  • house1.jpg
    house1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 67

DeletedUser18

Buildings that are not connected to any road are inaccessible, this is part of the game mechanics. However, in your scenario it should say "Upgrade and Move" instead of simply "Upgrade". In this instance, once you click it, it should allow you to place a 3x2 building over the existing 2x2 utilizing the rear spaces.

DeletedUser422

buildings not touching a road cannot be clicked for upgrade.