• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spell Fragment Building

Add a spell fragment event building to alleviate shortages

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iyapo1

I would vote for this, but I dont think it will go over well with advanced players who have/had moonstone boneyards or with non heavy crafters.

DeletedUser29768

I would vote for this, but I dont think it will go over well with advanced players who have/had moonstone boneyards or with non heavy crafters.
I think the best option would probably be some event daily exclusives, since players can easily skip them, and it is possible to get multiples. An evolving building would probably be a bit too much. If it was a limited crafting recipe, it probably wouldn't make a big enough difference, and an unlimited recipe would certainly have people complaining, so I'm not sure crafting is the right way to go. The other attractive solution would be simply putting the moonstone library set back in the spire. The people who already have a dozen of them might not like it, but I don't think they could say it was unfair.

BrinDarby

We would like to see a spell fragment producing building added to the MA rotation or one added as an event building to alleviate this problem.
Moonestone Library and Endless Scroll both give frags ......

While I believe it was too easy % wise to earn the 5 pieces of this set,
now that the Set has been "fix'd" so to speak, the correct thrust is to
vote on putting the Moonestone Set back into the Spire where it belongs.
Even if you reduce slightly the %'s, it promotes learning and playing in
the Spire, if for no other reason than to earn both the Moonstone set,
but also Magic workshops/residences, DAs, TSs, Genies, Frags, and Diamonds.

As it is now, a beginning player Never has to play or learn the Spire,
to aquire 1 full Moonestone set. Thats 550ish frags and 1 CC per 21hrs.
We just had a month long discussion about removing Frags from the Spire
due to a so call'd "glut", and Inno gave us 2 new ways to bleed off Frags...
Its simple and always has been, If you want more frags, play/learn the Spire.
What that means is .... be carefull on using up your frags before you get to
chapter 3 and unlock the Spire.

And as far as Inno goes and having too many moonestone sets....
I have 2 sets + a couple extra pieces, it takes up 10x5, thats 2 full expansions
worth.... trust me, Inno will sell alot more expansions when players are using
bigger chunks of space for things like Moonstone Sets. I could have 7 Sets
but lets face it, I don't have that much xtra space I'm not using !!

Put Moonestone Set back into the Spire, just reduce the frequency it can be
won, but don't nerf that % down so much that a bad RNG makes it pointless.
Plus, Moonestone should be available to be "re-earned" each Chapter so
players aren't waste'n so many RRs on upgrading the sets.

Myne

Oh Wise One
geez you guys are picky. My thoughts on the choices were that we could get the developers to decide how to do it, and not just throw a hard no at us. And now there is another choice to add: Adding the library back to the spire. When we discussed this in the thread One Thing, no one said much about it. You all seemed not to want to discuss it.
Also, if a poll can't be added, how could it allow one to be added. I have not heard from Helya to tell me no, or remove it. I needed a way to see where we are with this and refine the verbiage.
It seems to me you want what you want and only the way you want it. If you want changes, you will have to compromise so that your requests can be fit in by developers.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Also, if a poll can't be added, how could it allow one to be added. I have not heard from Helya to tell me no, or remove it. I needed a way to see where we are with this and refine the verbiage.
From the 'read before posting' sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum:
POLL
To make sure the ideas we forward are a community decision, the following process will be followed:

• The Moderator will open a poll in this section. They will also make sure that in the opening post, there is a short description of the Idea (as well as in the Thread Title) and all detailed information is included in the rest of the in-depth description in that opening post.
It goes on to list other rules for the official Poll.

That's not to say you can't create a poll, just that it won't mean anything. Not sure if a new thread would then need to be created or if the unofficial poll can be removed and a new 'moderator/official' one added...

DeletedUser29768

geez you guys are picky. My thoughts on the choices were that we could get the developers to decide how to do it, and not just throw a hard no at us. And now there is another choice to add: Adding the library back to the spire. When we discussed this in the thread One Thing, no one said much about it. You all seemed not to want to discuss it.
We weren't having an exhaustive discussion on that thread, only brainstorming ideas. The whole point of this thread is to develop the idea, so that's what we're doing! ;) I actually agree with @BrinDarby that our first suggestion should probably be placing the Library set back in the spire, but potentially making it rarer. This is probably the simplest solution, and would be much less controversial than adding a new building to crafting. An event building would be nice, but it wouldn't solve the long-term problem that new players face.
It seems to me you want what you want and only the way you want it. If you want changes, you will have to compromise so that your requests can be fit in by developers.
I agree, of course, that the devs have the final say in how to implement this, but I think we'll do better to make our suggestion as specific as possible. Otherwise, we run the risk of a solution that nobody is happy with, but the devs think they have made us happy. We should make the most of our ability to suggest new features by making them as close as possible to what we would actually like, rather than merely pointing out nebulous problems and leaving them to come up with the solutions.

shimmerfly

When we discussed this in the thread One Thing, no one said much about it. You all seemed not to want to discuss it.
I don't want to discourage anyone from new ideas... but...I don't consider 3 pages in "One Thing" is much of discussion when it wasn't even the main topic. There are so may people this would impact I think we need some more incite. Pros and cons both.
I'm not sold yet and many have not even read this yet. I need moe convincing of what I'm voting on.
You will need to tag Helya when your ready to vote.

Iyapo1

I am okay with nebulous. Anyway to get my crafting hands on more spell frags! I even voted yes on a pet food building because I can frag those!

DeletedUser29768

I am okay with nebulous. Anyway to get my crafting hands on more spell frags! I even voted yes on a pet food building because I can frag those!
Yes. The problem is nebulous suggestions aren't going to get a lot of votes, because people don't know what they're voting for. There are likely some who don't care about spell frags per se, but would support this for the sake of others as long as it won't make anything worse for them. A craftable building would be a negative change for some, so they're not likely to vote for it. On the other hand, moonstone library or event buildings would probably not have a significant impact for players who don't need them, so they're more likely to be supported.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
the correct thrust is to
vote on putting the Moonestone Set back into the Spire where it belongs.
What about artifacts?
geez you guys are picky. My thoughts on the choices were that we could get the developers to decide how to do it, and not just throw a hard no at us.
You can't trust inno like that. Ever hear of the game corrupted wish?
On top of that, they are... slow. If you present a fully laid out idea that has been looked at from as many angles as possible and addressed as many potential issues as possible then you are speeding up the implementation process by months if not years.