• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Help spell fragment production

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Yeah well!! You're gonna need >20k in spell fragments to craft that entire set in the first place! :rolleyes:
Yes, but once complete the entire set will give 525 spell fragments and 1 CC daily. It literally pays for itself in about 40 days. After that, it is the best daily source of crafting materials available in the game. And in addition to the SF and CCs it gives, it is a good producer of tier 2 goods, mana, and sentient goods. It is well worth making.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Portal Profits have fairly high disenchant values. Here they are:

5% 420 SF
10% 800 SF
15% 1180 SF
20% 1510 SF
25% 1850 SF
50% 3360 SF

With this in mind, a Fire Phoenix gives a 5% PP every 48 hours. So essentially you can get 210 SF daily from it. A Trading Station will give a 10% PP every 48 hours. So you can get 400 SF a day by fragging it. And when it expires, you get to sell the Station itself for 2 Royal Restorations. Genie has a 10% chance to give a 5% PP. I feel like there is at least 1 other evolving building which makes portal profits on a regular basis, but I can't think of it. Does anybody know of other buildings which produce PPs?

Yes, but once complete the entire set will give 525 spell fragments and 1 CC daily. It literally pays for itself in about 40 days. After that, it is the best daily source of crafting materials available in the game. And in addition to the SF and CCs it gives, it is a good producer of tier 2 goods, mana, and sentient goods. It is well worth making.
Agree totally. However, a new city, on the new tech tree, will need much, much longer to save the resources to build the moonstone set.
2 years ago, I was in Chapter 3. I hit the Spire every week to at least the Toad and pushed for gold once a month. It took months back then, on the old tech tree, to complete the set.
Newbies are gonna have a hard time getting anywhere.

BrinDarby

Pretty much Newbs have to sprint to open Spire/Tourn,
then pause there while they catch thier cities up CH wise
and also getting that all important MS Lib set. While I
might ok 1 lava codex, the MS Lib set is the #1 use of
CCs/SFs for a new city. After that, having 1 each GotOS
and Val Valor seem'd to help me alot.

The Spire and the MA have always been linked. Newbs
also need to learn to finish lvl1 Spire weekly, then
progress to froggie. lvl-3 for players without a stockpile
of resources has always been tough. If you can progress
to killing froggie every week, thats your best chance, over
time, to earn a Mag Residence/Workshop each week. I'd
put your newest odds @ 1:6-8 for residence and 1:12-14
for a workshop, but we all know the RNG can be stingy'er
that that.

Portal Profits have fairly high disenchant values. Here they are:

5% 420 SF
10% 800 SF
15% 1180 SF
20% 1510 SF
25% 1850 SF
50% 3360 SF

With this in mind, a Fire Phoenix gives a 5% PP every 48 hours. So essentially you can get 210 SF daily from it. A Trading Station will give a 10% PP every 48 hours. So you can get 400 SF a day by fragging it. And when it expires, you get to sell the Station itself for 2 Royal Restorations. Genie has a 10% chance to give a 5% PP. I feel like there is at least 1 other evolving building which makes portal profits on a regular basis, but I can't think of it. Does anybody know of other buildings which produce PPs?
Trading Outpost. Polar Bear.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
If I disenchanted all Enchantments and all Instants from my Inventory, I would gain 1,041,092 spell fragments. That is end Ch21 lvl 5 Magic Academy, lower chapters MA lvls have lower values (checked against my Ch6 beta city). I guess that is an option. I had been saving those for future chapters, including the portal profits which is 67% of that value, but like all options, I don't have to like the outcome, still a choice. Spire grants 5hr+1hr boosts regularly, though low value for each, but it adds up.
1706340091905.png

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@iamthouth amount of fragments is purely based on Magic Academy level. Chapter has nothing to do with that. If someone upgrades it to level 5 as soon as they build it, they will get the exact same fragments per item as someone at the end of chapter 21. And someone in chapter 21 who never spent the diamonds to max the MA, will actually get less fragments because of that.

BrinDarby

but once complete the entire set will give 525 spell fragments and 1 CC daily.
Now for us whom can remember, not only could you craft 1 of them,
and you could win more in Spire. The full set is 4x6 (1 expansion worth)
and costs 24 RRs each chapter to upgrade 1 set. Plus they fix'd
the problem with everyone getting scrolls, and even if you don't
upgrade, still costs ya 1 expansion each.

Why would Inno ever revert to the old way, I'll tell ya why....
1) They get to re-nerf all the Spire prizes, to add back in MS set.
2) More land need'd, the faster ppl might buy expansions since
..... they cost so much less against the Spire catering formula.
3) They get to say " Ohh look, we listened, we aren't soo bad.
4) They get to re-nerf the MA bonus prizes and MA crafting
..... costs, since more SF mean the MA is usefull again.
5) Calibrate it versus the odds%, so we really won't get many.

We do need to watch out for that which we ask for, 'cause
we know historically, we never actually get what we ask'd for.
As far as frags go, the best solution is add back in the MS set
above 1 set each. The only way it then helps, is if everything
else under the sun isn't re-nerf'd. Then all we need is a fix for RRs.

HumptyD

How do I determine what the Wizard spell shop will sell for while it is still in my inventory? I do not want to dismember it and later find out it might have sold for RR points.

Dhurrin

Garden of Harmony is a good one to disenchant IF you have teleports to waste on it. Several of the guestrace buildings are good too, especially in the later chapters where you may need to teleport some anyway in order to make space for others.
PP instants are ok as well and are often gained, both in the Spire and events and some of the evolving buildings generate some more.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How do I determine what the Wizard spell shop will sell for while it is still in my inventory? I do not want to dismember it and later find out it might have sold for RR points.

There is no way in-game to see what sells for what before placing it in your city. I am trying to remember the building you are talking about.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Resale resources for every building can be found at https://idavis-elvenar.com/buildings.html

Note that this is just the event buildings, not the buildings in the culture tab which you unlock with technologies (that cannot be upgraded by chapter). The normal culture buildings still have resale in coin and supplies, while the premium (bought with diamonds only) have resale in RRs (with the exception of a few cheap ones which sell for SF instead).

With regards to CC or RR resale the quantity is 1 for 4 or fewer squares; 2 for 5-9 squares; and 3 for 10 or more squares.

Goldeeloks

Yes I know, but the bulk of SFs are supposed to be earned in the Spire.
There is no way to earn enough SF’s needed to upgrade my AW’s, even climbing all the way to the top every week. At this rate, at approx 5K-8K each week it will take me MONTHS to gain enough SF’s to upgrade my AW’s!

Forget about crafting anything

Spiny

Don't stop looking at your magic academy every six hours. There actually are ways to use it to make a profit in Spell Fragments. For example, there is a recipe to pay 6 Combining Catalysts to get 2,500 Spell Fragments.

Also noteworthy is the Rainbow Flower cage recipe that you can sometimes craft for 300 Spell Fragments, and can sell after placing it in your city for one combining catalyst.