• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spell Fragments/Mermaids

DeletedUser23988

How do I gain spell fragments? I've searched through the forum, and nothing is really helpful at telling how to get them. The mermaid quests are quite difficult to complete. So far I've only been able to get one reward from it.

Deleted User - 312108

Hi WillowB - do you have the Magic Academy yet?
Spell Fragments are gained once you have the magic academy by disenchanting enchantments, boosts and buildings that are available in the inventory tab.

Attachments

• Inventory.JPG
    Inventory.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 117

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
How do I "disenchant" an enchantment?
Go to your inventory (see @Lyleth 's picture attached in her post above). When the screen opens, you'll see your enchantments just like in her pic. In the bottom right corner is the 'disenchant' button. Click it and all the enchantments will show how many fragments you will get for disenchanting one. Caution: there is not a confirmation window for the enchantments (there is a confirmation window for summonings). If you click on it while the disenchantment bar is active, you will disenchant that spell and have 1 less in your inventory and the number of spell fragments it was worth will be added to your inventory of spell fragments.

DeletedUser23318

If you open your inventory, you will see a disenchant option in the lower right. You can disenchant enchantments, instants and buildings from your summonings tab for spell fragments which you can use along with combining catalysts to craft items in your Magic Academy .

DeletedUser5939

I would advise that players only disenchant enchantments as a last resort (as in you have nothing else to disenchant) enchantments don't give you very many spell fragments compared to summonings or instants. I would say the order of priority should be to look at your summonings first, instants second and enchantments last. In each case you want to avoid the items you think you'll likely need to use in the near future. To gain enough spell fragments for an event quest asking for spell fragments you might need to disenchant 10 or more enchantments where as you can usually get the required fragments from one or two summonings (3 at the most when using small summonings). Enchantments are spells you deliberately make for use in your city and so it makes little sense to disenchant them unless you have no other choice. If you're new you may not have very many or even any summonings in your inventory but most people have a collection of items they don't really need or don't have room for in their city. Instants are another option but like enchantments they're likely to be needed in the near future and their spell fragment yield while greater then enchantments are less then summonings. When deciding to disenchant summonings you want to be careful what you pick. Avoid highly useful summonings such as wishing wells or buildings that are part of linked sets or that can be evolved. You would also want to avoid buildings that give you things such as goods, population, coins, supplies, mana, etc. Ones that just give you culture are your first best choice. The ones I suggest to avoid will be the most tempting as they'll be the ones that will give you the most fragments. Now if you've been lucky and won a bunch of wishing wells for example and have like 10 or 20 in your inventory then using one of them is probably okay. Having that many you'll likely win more to replace the one you used before you've used all the others in your city. If you do have to use enchanments you want to avoid the most important ones such as pet food, magical manufacturing and combining catalysts. Unfortunately the best ones to use are also the ones that give you the least fragments but they'll also be the ones you'll miss the least. When possible the ensorcelled endowment is the best one to choose for disenchantment. They're fairly cheap and quick to make and are the least important of your enchanments as far as what they can do for you when used the way they're meant to be used.

Deleted User - 3932582

...Enchantments are spells you deliberately make...
Um, if you're reasonably active in the tournaments, you get PoP and EE enchantments coming out of your wazoo - not entirely deliberate. For me, enchantments are the first things to disenchant as I have hundreds and don't really use them. I certainly don't have enough summonings to support my fragment needs.

Instants (coins, primarily) would be a second option.

Deleted User - 312108

Um, if you're reasonably active in the tournaments, you get PoP and EE enchantments coming out of your wazoo - not entirely deliberate. For me, enchantments are the first things to disenchant as I have hundreds and don't really use them. I certainly don't have enough summonings to support my fragment needs.

Coin Rain, Supply Windfall... *shrugs* event buildings I don't want; there are tons of things to DE, but if the spell fragments at such levels continue to be an event requirement, I'll probably save all my MA activities for it.

DeletedUser5939

That's a big if though, I figure most players who don't know how to obtain spell fragments yet are most likely relatively new in the game and as such probably don't get very far in tournaments if they even participate in them at all. If they do participate at the level most new players who do participate in tournaments they're not getting all that many PoP or EE enchantments and most likely use them almost as quick as they get them. Either of those only net you 60 fragments per disenchantment. Now I don't know what amount of spell fragments the OP is getting in the event quests but the ones I've been seeing are for 400 minimum and I think the highest I've seen is 900, that would mean disenchanting 7 of either enchantment for 400 fragments and 15 for the 900 one, that's a big sacrifice for a fairly new player.

Now me, I'm at the end of elementals and I have a stockpile of 200 EE enchantments so I could afford to sacrifice 7 or 15 of those no problem but I also have 6 pages of summonings I'm not using many of which I'll likely never use and most of which I would only need to sacrifice 1 or 2 of to meet the requirements of the spell fragment quest. My reply also considers that most fairly new player don't leave summonings in their inventory for long because of how helpful they are in advancing a fairly new player. So if they have any summonings to use they're most likely one's they're not trying to use anyway. Not knowing their exact situation though is why I gave a prioritized listing. If they have a ton of enchantments and very few summonings then of course enchanments could be a better option.