• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Standard Goods Drop-down Menu

• Thread starter Deleted User - 848894468
  • Start date

Deleted User - 848894468

The Standard Goods drop-down menu in the game shows the good like 95.0K or 325K or 1.69m -- is there anyway to see the entire amount anymore? I like keeping my inventory even and like to know when I am dropping low

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
From browser, haven't looked on mobile:
The Main Hall window (on the main hall tab) show a bit more detail as does the Trader window (on the place trades tab). Both still give the numbers in thousands (K) past a certain point, but I'm not sure what that point is. With advanced cities and no regular goods to check (because they're all well over a million), I was able to check some of the numbers for sentient goods. The drop-down shows my obsidian as 13.5K; the main hall and trader show it as 13593. Drop-down shows my bismuth as 43.0K; main hall and trader show 43039.
Edit to add: even the 'millions' are more detailed in those 2 windows: 16.8m marble shows as 16826K

Deleted User - 848894468

Thank you for your reply samidodamage - my worlds are in chapter 7 so they are not advanced and nothing I have shows full amounts

Thank you again :)

Aritra

I can't recall where it was (probably the bug reporting, though not necessarily), but I saw a thread that was showing that there is a known problem they're working on where the quantities are noted strangely, inconsistently (with other goods and with quantities shown in trader window). I believe the problem was inconsistent notation rather than inaccurate quantities.
Bottom line: I believe this is a known problem being addressed and resolved hopefully soon.

edit:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/error-in-goods-estimates.29067/

Fayeanne

Bottom line: I believe this is a known problem being addressed and resolved hopefully soon.

No, that bug is regarding showing incorrect amounts (due to bad rounding: e.g. 2.9M is 2900 not 2097), whereas this discussion is regarding the ability to see the full (unabbreviated) amount anywhere in the game (which I can't find at present?).

At the moment, the drop-down is now basically useless. The Trader shows a bit more detail, but it would still be nice to be able to see how many goods I actually have...

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
It's a matter of precision and the need/not of it. Most players, once they get to a certain level, don't feel the need for precision past "K". And since higher levels of precision take more space AND space has to be apportioned/governed to maximize throughput (and minimize network and internal bandwidth), it's probably better for the game that they go to a less granular level of precision. It might not be exactly what some players want/need, but most won't notice or care if it's 100,009 or 100K.

Just another thought on the matter.

AJ

LordVorKon

At least this one chooses to round down, unlike the app does (or used to do anyway). Nothing like needing 120K of something for an upgrade, seeing "120K" in the dropdown, going to the upgrade tab and still being short because you actually only have 119,575.