• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Story line and future chapters

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Unsure about others but I have enjoyed following the story line of the game. While sadly I have missed some quests I generally try to read the story line quests to follow what is happening. Having got to the end of the constructs story I am curious what others think might lay ahead.

Couple key points I see (paraphrased)
  • Need for elves and humans to learn from each other, will they be the next "guest race" for each other?
  • references to unur being fertile again and visiting it
  • references to going to unur once we have embraced being the elvenar

While only speculation I do wonder if the next chapter will see the elves and humans learning from each other. With 3 more troops to upgrade we likely need to learn something from someone.

With the comments about unur is it possible our journey will eventually lead us to unur? perhaps like a second town area?

What are your thoughts? Anything you saw of interest in the story line?

DeletedUser1016

Those are all good thoughts...at this point I draw a blank - I have no idea how the story continues...:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Pheryll

Set Designer
I have been wrong for all my guesses for the sentient chapters, so I have no idea what is coming next.

For the first sentient chapter I guessed a Greco-Roman theme as marble was the featured good; it turned out to be elementals.
For the second sentient chapter I guessed vampires as crystal was the featured good; it turned out to be Amuni/Egyptian.
For the third sentient chapter I guessed bandits/thieves as gems were the featured good; it turned out to be constructs.

As the next chapter will likely feature rangers, lizardmen, and toad, my guess would be Robin Hood related.

NightshadeCS

I have been wrong for all my guesses for the sentient chapters, so I have no idea what is coming next.

For the first sentient chapter I guessed a Greco-Roman theme as marble was the featured good; it turned out to be elementals.

I think your guess is pretty good, since the Elemental architecture is decidedly Venetian, and the four elements featured prominently in Aristotlian Greece.

DeletedUser3602

Didn't Inno say somewhere that there wouldn't be any more guest races?
So yeah, I would also think that next chapter revolves around the elves and the humans working together until they reach Unur. Maybe mixing the 2 different building types? Like if you're an elf you have to build a human settlement and vice versa?
I sure hope not, but maybe when we reach Unur, that will be the end of the game??

Pheryll

Set Designer
So yeah, I would also think that next chapter revolves around the elves and the humans working together until they reach Unur. Maybe mixing the 2 different building types? Like if you're an elf you have to build a human settlement and vice versa?
I sure hope not, but maybe when we reach Unur, that will be the end of the game??

Inno has said and unsaid many things, that I would need specific context to know what the shift of focus is about, and whether guest races are completely abandoned. From what I have seen on Beta, this rumor of no more guest races comes from a Q&A which I have not been able to locate.

Also, I do not think this next chapter will be the end of the game. Too many new features are being added (evolving buildings for example) that the behavior of ending things there does not seem likely. A company tends not to end a product by investing money into it; that money could be better spent starting up new products.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I keep hoping that little path down from my city will eventually lead somewhere.
It does.
upload_2019-4-24_11-51-39.png

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I have heard others say this but have completely missed the source of where this comes from.

If that is the case I think it leaves parts of the story line kind of incomplete. The whole point of the wood elves story line was to tell us off for brining orcs and goblins back and to show us how to handle dangerous races. Except we haven't really had any dangerous races come through the portal since. Sorceres and dragons are debateable if they are dangerous but if memory serves they appeared to us not us "resurrecting" through the portal. Similarly the amuni, obviously dangerous, but cam from digging in the ground not the portals. The amuni also form more of the missing link of what happened to unur, a trap we almost fell for again.

Also, I do not think this next chapter will be the end of the game.
Agreed, https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/long-term-future-chapters.16343/
That discussion was based of a contextual comment from a CM. They were explaining the history of elvenar in terms of development and longevity and that it had moved from a "will it make it" scenario to "long term game". At which point they speculated x number of more years in the game with 2 chapters per year, a ballpark 35 chapters. Now no one should take the 35 chapters as definitive, the point (at the time and even now) is the game could have many many more chapters than the current number in the game if inno so desires.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have heard others say this but have completely missed the source of where this comes from.

There was a Facebook Live earlier today, where they talked about, and answered some questions on, the Phoenix event. Towards the end, in the final 5 or 6 minutes of the show, they answered a question about future guest races, and they said yes. And maybe chapters without guest races also. But they definitely said that Chapter 14 is not the end of the game.

The bigger news came at about the 30 minute mark, where they were asked if more map expansions were coming and they said yes, the map will be expanded, but no timeline was given, of course.

NightshadeCS

There was a Facebook Live earlier today, where they talked about, and answered some questions on, the Phoenix event. Towards the end, in the final 5 or 6 minutes of the show, they answered a question about future guest races, and they said yes. And maybe chapters without guest races also. But they definitely said that Chapter 14 is not the end of the game.

The bigger news came at about the 30 minute mark, where they were asked if more map expansions were coming and they said yes, the map will be expanded, but no timeline was given, of course.

I was watching live, also. They said that there were definitely more chapters coming, but they would not say whether any were guest races, per se. They were being overly sly looking, but who knows what that means. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

bkbajb

If that is the case I think it leaves parts of the story line kind of incomplete. The whole point of the wood elves story line was to tell us off for brining orcs and goblins back and to show us how to handle dangerous races. Except we haven't really had any dangerous races come through the portal since. Sorceres and dragons are debateable if they are dangerous but if memory serves they appeared to us not us "resurrecting" through the portal. Similarly the amuni, obviously dangerous, but cam from digging in the ground not the portals. The amuni also form more of the missing link of what happened to unur, a trap we almost fell for again.

Agreed, https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/long-term-future-chapters.16343/
That discussion was based of a contextual comment from a CM. They were explaining the history of elvenar in terms of development and longevity and that it had moved from a "will it make it" scenario to "long term game". At which point they speculated x number of more years in the game with 2 chapters per year, a ballpark 35 chapters. Now no one should take the 35 chapters as definitive, the point (at the time and even now) is the game could have many many more chapters than the current number in the game if inno so desires.

I am one of those weird players who started in February 2016 and am about 1/3 of the way through Halflings. I enjoy the game and I hope that they do go to chapter 35 and beyond. I upgrade my AW's and am in no hurry to finish. There is a lot to learn in this game. That is the challenge that I like. Make all of the AW's upgradable to level 100. Yes, I will keep playing. Inno will not get rich but I help out from time to time.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One

They did say soon and that is as specific as they will ever get. No way I would expect before next chapter but soon wouldn't be further chapters after the next one.

DeletedUser1016

The below is from another post, yet I feel it's very relevant to this thread:
From memory:
  • Marble - Elementals
  • Steel - Dwarves
  • Planks - Wood Elves
  • Crystal - Amuni
  • Scrolls - Sorceres and dragons
  • Silk - Fairies
  • Elixir - Halflings
  • Dust - Orcs and goblins (bad news this is your sentient good)
  • Gems - Constructs
Personally I think the gems factory looks amazing once the constructs take hold of it.
This is a great observation - I never noticed this since I don't have all nine [9] in my city. Perhaps the future direction of the game will get us to include the last three [3] so that we have all nine? So maybe three [3] more chapters? ...And since all nine [9] guest races are defined in our manufactories, having another guess race seems extraneous.

The quests in the construct chapter explain the back story of how we came from being the Elvenar (High men) to just humans and Elves. So you may wish to read the story there if it interests you. We do seem to be on a journey back towards becoming the Elvenar...we will see what happens in the future.
I think, based on the above list of manufactories, that this is a brilliant guess - The Elvenar Race.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This is a great observation - I never noticed this since I don't have all nine [9] in my city. Perhaps the future direction of the game will get us to include the last three [3] so that we have all nine? So maybe three [3] more chapters? ...And since all nine [9] guest races are defined in our manufactories, having another guess race seems extraneous.

Considering all 9 make a sentient good, there are really no extra 3. A new guest race would have to come with something totally new, like mana or orcs or seeds. Or something that requires combining everything together to make the new goods. Or no guest race at all in the next chapter, which is how I feel chapter 15 will be, in order to wrap up the current story before moving into a new story with chapter 16.

Edit: Even if you do not have all 9 in your city, the the researches for each are still labeled with the appropriate guest race, so it is still there to see.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Perhaps the future direction of the game will get us to include the last three [3] so that we have all nine?
I have wondered that since the first sentient good came out. Plus there is a direction in techs for us to enjoy the artwork by splitting certain techs. Most towns are missing 3 factory types as the players see no need for them. However there can be some arguments against doing this too.

And since all nine [9] guest races are defined in our manufactories, having another guess race seems extraneous.

Except that we have 3 more military units to reach level 3 and if we could do it ourselves already, wouldn't we? The way the flow has gone so far I expect we need to learn something from someone. It is partly why I wonder if the elves and humans will teach each other. It can avoid a guest race, meet the learning need, and follow on from the constructs story as well as leading closer towards Unur and the elvenar.

Considering all 9 make a sentient good, there are really no extra 3. A new guest race would have to come with something totally new, like mana or orcs or seeds. Or something that requires combining everything together to make the new goods. Or no guest race at all in the next chapter, which is how I feel chapter 15 will be, in order to wrap up the current story before moving into a new story with chapter 16.

Edit: Even if you do not have all 9 in your city, the the researches for each are still labeled with the appropriate guest race, so it is still there to see.

The reference here was in terms of boosted factories in your town. Every player only has 6 boosted goods out of a possible 9, hence 3 extra. If this was a direction they wanted to go it would not be hard to require existing combinations or even make brand new resources to create a third type of good. However space is one of the biggest arguments against them going in this direction, both in terms of town and screen displays.