• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Stuck in Autumn Zodiac Stage

dzed52

I an currently stuck in an Autumn Zodiac stage needing steel relics to create two combining catalysts or fight and win three encounters. I don't have the ability to fight and win and encounters since all are either hard or very hard. Any suggestions? Is this where it ends for me? This is very frustrating for someone who is a novice.

OIM20

Do you have any steel provinces on your world map that you can scout? If so, then you can negotiate those encounters if you feel you can't win the battles once the province is scouted. You'll only need to do 2 in order to get the 2 relics you need.

dzed52

Do you have any steel provinces on your world map that you can scout? If so, then you can negotiate those encounters if you feel you can't win the battles once the province is scouted. You'll only need to do 2 in order to get the 2 relics you need.
There are no steel provinces in the world map. It seems the ones you need most are never available.

Huor

The spire is all I can think of. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrinDarby

Assuming all your encounters are "very hard" @ this point .....
search the perimeter of your "discovered" map ... locate another
province, that once finished, then unlocks a steel province...

This means you have to Cater/Negociate that whole province to
complete, to open up a steel province, then scout that, and once
its fully open , you can then cater/neg the 2 encounters you need
for the relics you're missing to make the 2 catalysts you need.....

This means you needs the resources to cater about 10-11 map
encounters, but unless you have Moonestone or Manor Set, and
other than a Spire chest with 3 catalysts, I think thats your only option.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The spire is all I can think of. Sorry.
The spire doesn't give relics, unfortunately. They also don't allow those fights to count if they just ask for "encounters." They have to specifically say spire encounters to count. :(

Darielle

dzed, they usually let you negotiate encounters. Check it again. I agree with you that this is not easy on newer players. If you're already at "very hard" for scouts, you don't want to scout yet another one.

Darielle

but the OP need'd either .... 2 cats or 3 fight/win encs .... getting 3 free cats in a bonus
chest , in the spire, I think will count for those 2 cats .... no relics required.
Duh ... you're right of course. (slapping my forehead.)

DeletedUser22644

OP is a player in chapter 6 or 7 and as such should not be in all hard/very hard unless they have over scouted quite a bit.

dzed52

dzed, they usually let you negotiate encounters. Check it again. I agree with you that this is not easy on newer players. If you're already at "very hard" for scouts, you don't want to scout yet another one.
how does one get out of the "very hard" for scouts then?

Darielle

how does one get out of the "very hard" for scouts then?
Sorry, I just meant that the quests usually say "solve" 8 encounters, or however many, rather than "fight" eight encounters. Yeah, if it says fight, then you're stuck. Provinces never get easier once you scout them. They always stay at the same level they were when first scouted. That's why you shouldn't open any more until you can get the unscouted ones at an easier level, and you can only do that by completing research, either squad size updates or the advanced scouts of a new chapter. If they do say "solve" then even though they're tough, negotiate them. The more you get your number of unfinished provinces down through negotiation, the better off you'll be for the future. Good luck.

Huor

What I did when I got myself in trouble early on is I stopped scouting until I was below the advanced scouts requirement of the next chapter. When I got there, plus doing all the squad size research, the very hard's were changing to hard and the hard's to medium, medium to easy, etc... I don't really scout anymore except as required by a quest or the changing of chapters. I'm in chapter 7. Have done none of the squad size research yet, and most of my suggested scouts in the province overview in the browser for the next 30 I need to open for chapter 8 are all very easy/easy. They are a lot of debates you can read here about scouting, but from where I sit, if you over scout, you are shooting yourself in the foot, and hitting the brakes is the only way I know to get it back under control.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iyapo1

They are a lot of debates you can read here about scouting, but from where I sit, if you over scout, you are shooting yourself in the foot, and hitting the brakes is the only way I know to get it back under control.
I would agree that a player should step carefully in chapter 3-5 but beyond that scouting or not doesnt really matter, it is a choice. Can your city produce enough goods to expand? Do you want the kp or expansions enough right now to run up the price?

I am scouted to the point that I can not fight and win outer ring map encounters. My chapter 7 cities are both a handful of provinces from hitting the orc wall.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am scouted to the point that I can not fight and win outer ring map encounters. My chapter 7 cities are both a handful of provinces from hitting the orc wall.

Yep, since doing exactly the number of provinces needed for each chapter would get you into chapter 10 before needing orcs for catering, you might be a little far out there.