• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

stuck in the middle of suburbia....i mean chapter 6

DeletedUser15604

ok... i realllllllly dont understand the reasoning of having granite and copper on top of other goods... i also dont understand how it literally goes from not having the tech to needing 75k on the next one... is this just stuck in the game to slow you down or something? ive been on the same row for like 3 weeks now.. actually ive down 3 techs since i got it... this has reallly taken a lot of the fun out the game.. its like just standing there twiddling my thumbs waiting and waiting... and not the mention the huge amounts of space it takes for all this...ive gotten my portal to level 4 but i think where i messed up is starting to upgrade all my granite and copper mines.
game on!
Everhad
ps one last thing lol.. why o why does it take so long to scout.... 18 hours for a province is just wrong lol... do i not have to complete them just a person in chapter 1 where it takes just minutes lol..
and yes... im aka negative nancy today lol

rvtdragon1

Wow. If you think Dwarves is bad you are in for quite a surprise. Fairies has buildings that are far larger, they take much longer to make goods (new goods that you have not needed before -if I remember correctly 6-8 new goods are needed) with longer production times. And that chapter is not anywhere near as deadly as Orcs & Goblins. I can't speak to anything after that because I will be in Orcs for eternity before moving on to Woodelves. And, to top it off it is a hideous looking chapter and messes up your city as you try to upgrade and figure out how to fit everything, which changes orientation and gets bigger, in less space because you need so many mushrooms farms and massive Orc Rally Points. Prepare yourself. Dwarves is nothing compared to what is coming. (And, just as a side note, take a look at the Amuni Chapter. That will totally destroy your day.)

Prepare ye the way.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
That is the first guest race. The guest races actually get progressively more demanding. The best suggestion I have from the way I get through guest races is to make & upgrade as many of the settlement buildings as I can. They are all very time consuming but when I think back I believe that the guest races are in many ways one of the most central elements of the game. Each guest race seems to take a few months but since there are other things going on like events, tournaments, etc. it isn't so bad once you get adjusted to them.

The further out you scout the longer it takes. I'm up to 72 hours for a scout :(

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Wow. If you think Dwarves is bad you are in for quite a surprise. Fairies has buildings that are far larger, they take much longer to make goods (new goods that you have not needed before -if I remember correctly 6-8 new goods are needed) with longer production times. And that chapter is not anywhere near as deadly as Orcs & Goblins. I can't speak to anything after that because I will be in Orcs for eternity before moving on to Woodelves. And, to top it off it is a hideous looking chapter and messes up your city as you try to upgrade and figure out how to fit everything, which changes orientation and gets bigger, in less space because you need so many mushrooms farms and massive Orc Rally Points. Prepare yourself. Dwarves is nothing compared to what is coming. (And, just as a side note, take a look at the Amuni Chapter. That will totally destroy your day.)

Prepare ye the way.

I completely agree although I actually liked Faries. I'm thinking because of how things looked. Orcs are a whole other subject. I hated Orcs! If I had not had encouraging people I think I would have quit. How my city looks is important to me and Orcs is ugly IMO. I can say a few people actually liked that look :rolleyes:

I am in Amuni chapter. It looked impossible at first glance but I've got it planned out and am on my way :D It's all relative as you progress and grow.

rvtdragon1

Don't get me wrong, I really liked Fairies. I, like you, thought it was very pretty. It is such a jolt when I see what Orcs is doing to my city. I have looked at the Amuni (a long way off for me) and am really excited about it. I think it has a unique interesting look. The chapters after Orcs are what are making it possible for me to get through Orcs. Something to look forward to so I can get through what I am suffering now. I just keep saying "This too shall pass..This too shall pass... This too.........."

And I will reinforce that gamersgemsofknowledge is a very good resource for planning ahead. Has helped me numerous times.

DeletedUser12171

I hated fairies bcos I don't like all my buildings looking like flowers. Orcs was OK and for some reason I didn't really feel "stuck" waiting for guest goods. Woodelves was OK goods wise (and actually seems to foreshadow Elementals somewhat) but I also dislike bcos my whole town looks like a bunch of trees. I'm happy to be in S&D now, nonchalant about Halflings and am looking forward to Elementals

Last edited by a moderator:

NightshadeCS

Yes, I can't tout Gamers Gems of Knowledge enough. They have strategy pages for each guest race which helps with what you should research first, which buildings to build and upgrade first, and how many of each to avoid getting stuck (or at least, to limit the time!). If you are not in a fellowship, I highly encourage you to join one. Ancient Wonder chains, tournaments, Fellowship Adventures, Unique Quest Events, all of these help pass the time while you are waiting for those scouts and building upgrades (not to mention amassing needed goods). This is the name of the game from here on out, so see if you can adjust your play style and expectations to suit. It was a transition for all of us!

DeletedUser8946

Yeah, I started Dwarves running ahead! I'm in Woodelves now. They've weathered me down enough so that I've given up that philosophy. (It took less then 6 months for that). My strategy is to dump KP in as much as you can, then STOP. Donate ALL KP to AWs until ALL your (Settlement) buildings are upgraded as much as you want for the whole chapter.

DeletedUser15476

Yes, I can't tout Gamers Gems of Knowledge enough. They have strategy pages for each guest race which helps with what you should research first, which buildings to build and upgrade first, and how many of each to avoid getting stuck (or at least, to limit the time!). If you are not in a fellowship, I highly encourage you to join one. Ancient Wonder chains, tournaments, Fellowship Adventures, Unique Quest Events, all of these help pass the time while you are waiting for those scouts and building upgrades (not to mention amassing needed goods). This is the name of the game from here on out, so see if you can adjust your play style and expectations to suit. It was a transition for all of us!

I so agree with this!

DeletedUser17667

That would be interesting! Quick, someone try it. (I am pretty sure you cannot, however)

Yes, you can. I'm in Fairies in Beta, and it just let me place a Dwarven portal. It's that you can only have one portal of a kind at a time.

2018-08-22.png

Pheryll

Set Designer
can you rebuild previous portals in later chapters and have like all the multiple races walking around ?:confused:

It is the second part of this question that I am not sure about. I believe that walking around on the ordinary streets is determined by the chapter you are in, not by the portal. You can, of course, have them walk on the portal "roads" as these are specific to the guest race buildings.