• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Suggested prize for summer Dwarven events

Shkooz

So, I was thinking - we have a summer Dwarven event, where the theme is that we play a game with ancient Dwarves from the distant past. There is an overall ancient, jungle-y theme to the buildings and things so far.

I have three words for you:

Evolving Dinosaur Pet.

(Though, really any kind of dino-themed building would be fun.)

Pros: Everyone loves dinosaurs, and it's actually canon that they're part of the world (see: Orcs chapter-era buildings). I'm sure there's lots of great ideas for dinosaur-themed buildings, but an evolving pet just seems to fit the theme well. You could even have it hatch from an egg, like so many of the other pets.

Downsides / Cons: Hard to see too many...it's just a suggested art theme, very non-constricting. Perhaps the dev team already has ideas on what they want to implement as the central building for the upcoming summer event, but you could also start working in the dinosaur theme using other event-specific buildings.

Miscellaneous: It's pretty important to make sure you depict the right dinosaurs with feathers these days! I suggest doing a little research.

I enjoyed having dinosaurs around when my city went through Orcs chapter, it'd be nice to have some way to keep a few around after. That's all -thanks!

Last edited:

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
So, I was thinking - we have a summer Dwarven event, where the theme is that we play a game with ancient Dwarves from the distant past. There is an overall ancient, jungle-y theme to the buildings and things so far.

I have three words for you:

Evolving Dinosaur Pet.

(Though, really any kind of dino-themed building would be fun.)

Thanks for coming to my suggestion post!

P.S. Bonus for you if you can draw the right dinosaurs with feathers, as is now generally considered anatomically correct.
Do not forget to edit your post to add the pros and any cons and to read the read before posting pinned thread at top of section if you want this to be turned into a real vote. I like the idea! Just read that, edit the post to add in the requirements, and let's see what happens! I'm rooting for your idea!

Shkooz

Do not forget to edit your post to add the pros and any cons and to read the read before posting pinned thread at top of section if you want this to be turned into a real vote. I like the idea! Just read that, edit the post to add in the requirements, and let's see what happens! I'm rooting for your idea!
Thank you for the feedback, Yavimaya! Done!