• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Event: March of the Herds

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Just to make sure I understand these 3 combined quests correctly: the additional supplies they want you to produce can only be gotten from the bread, advanced tools or groceries production you have to do a certain amount of times? In other words, supplies you get elsewhere (for example for giving NH) or from a different production than the one you should be doing according to the quest don't count towards the total?!
You can get the XXX,XXX supplies from any production or NH, I was just using 100 more bread productions as an example. If you do it with groceries it'll take a week to do those 3 quests though....

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here is the math on which Box to open!

19702445_10209563566786648_5484519138070275998_n.jpg

Silver Chests are a no no - they under-perform compared to the others.
Bronze chests are better if you want Daily buildings (marginally)
Gold Chest are better if you want KP, or are trying to get the 3rd Grand Prize.

These figures take into account the extra bonus sugar beet that you get as awards some of the time when you open chests.

NOTE: Obviously some players will get more extra chests, and some will get fewer.
That is entirely a matter of luck!!

Last edited:

linronhan

Looks daunting for the newer players. I'm not likely to finish it, so I'm not going to go crazy to get it done. Might be a lot of work for the people who do the (programming), but could you have two versions of quests. Simpler one for the newer players and a harder one for the more experienced players. Harder one can have better prizes (Mana-whatever that is).
I agree, just looking it seems daunting, don't think I will even try

SoggyShorts

19702069_10209555715430369_6321437691719959146_n.jpg

These figures take into account the extra bonus sugar beet that you get as awards some of the time when you open chests.

NOTE: Obviously some players will get more extra chests, and some will get fewer.

That is a very different result than here:
http://crazywizard.info/en/event_probability_chart.html

How did you arrive at your numbers @Jackluyt?

DeletedUser511

19702069_10209555715430369_6321437691719959146_n.jpg

Your tripping you should always use the high one.

DeletedUser3707

How do you figure? Do you have anything to support this?

Soggy, my friend!
I've been in the hospital quite awhile so have not caught up on everything yet but this is confusing me. It does say the highest one is the better of the three, but now you show different numbers. Am confused!
o_O:confused:

DeletedUser5157

So the culture/population daily reward is already gone and the unicorn is up? Uhh ok.
Yeah, I can't say I'm thrilled about how I literally never got an opportunity to try for that. I was hoping for some culture/population 3x3s to replace some of my Winter items. Was it up for ANY length of time? Because I log in at least twice daily and I missed it. (frowny face) Couldn't we have gotten a throwaway for the first day, like yet another unicorn repeat? Could we not get at least different colors of unicorns instead of the same ones?

DeletedUser3312

the supply quest arnt so bad its the upgrade thats going to take time for me bc of space & population. but for suppies if u have atlease 10 or more workshops thos quest wont b a problem

trust me. it gets crazy fast. #15 for me was pay 1,500,000 coins. # 55 is pay 5,453,000 coins. #37 is produce 3 hr. Advanced tools 20 times PLUS 236,000 supplies #38 is produce 9 hr. basket of groceries 10 times PLUS gain 354,000 supplies (37 & 38 took me 5 days to do) and it just keeps getting worse and worse.

I'm on the task of 'Pay Good amount of Marble' . Who do I pay? I bought 150 marble with the Trader and I solved and encounter that had 1400 marble in it. And it didn't recognized any of it? So, Who do I pay?

You will pay (throw away for no reason) all 9 of your boosted goods and your T1 are the least you throw away. Each tier increases a lot. As well as coins. you will throw a butt load of coins away for no good reason.

Just to make sure I understand these 3 combined quests correctly: the additional supplies they want you to produce can only be gotten from the bread, advanced tools or groceries production you have to do a certain amount of times? In other words, supplies you get elsewhere (for example for giving NH) or from a different production than the one you should be doing according to the quest don't count towards the total?!

no. all supplies you accrue, no matter how you accrue them count towards your inventory. but for me, I had to collect at least one workshop that contained the hr. production goods. example. if the task is to make 10 baskets of groceries, but I collect bread, then the goods will not count for the "gain" amount. Once I collect at least one time from a basket of grocery set up, then all the coins will begin to count. This is why I suggested having a level 1 workshop set to collect before you began collecting from your main workshops. This comes into play, when you set factories for 9 hours while at work or at night and then wake up and your upcoming task is to do advanced tools or vice versa. However if you had already set your workshops to the type of production the task calls for, you are good to go and will not need the level 1 workshop. And once you collect those first 9 hours, you can go back to 1 hour collections to max out the amount of goods you produce.

DeletedUser3312

Having scoped out the main quests at Gems of Knowledge, I am SO disappointed. I don't think there's anyway I can finish this event with the paltry resources that I have in two of my cities (both at Chapter 3 -- one just underway, one in the middle of the chapter). I'm not even to three-tier manufactories in the research tree in those cities, so the quests to "pay" three-tiered goods are going to bankrupt my two-tiered goods, not to mention bankrupting them for the pay outs for two-tiered goods. On top of that, there's the number of relics (116?), which will deplete resources as well. Even my Chapter 6 city is going to be hurting before its over. :-(

This is where being in a FS comes in handy. Hopefully your larger cities will do zero point trades to give you the goods you need. I know we do this in my FS and that it is a very common FS function. You might bring it up in a message to the FS and see what they say.

DeletedUser3640

Ugh. I'm super tired to run numbers... Can you guys help me out? Please.

1) Which ones are the best event buildings to get? Are there some broken ones, like in Winter event?
2) How gamebreaking are Grand Prizes this time? Are odds of getting all of them (without paying) are still non-existent like in previous events?

SoggyShorts

You mean like playing this game longer then you and knowing? Its simple math really!
Uh no. First of all I started playing before the first event, and any time played before that is completely irrelevant.
"Simple math?" by all means show me the math. If you have actually done it, and aren't just talking out yer bum.
@fasdfTTT went so far as to write a program that acted out the % chances and ran 100,000 simulations of each, and the results he got are here:

As you can see, the small box gets you about 10% more daily prizes than the large box. This is because of the power of winning free snowflakes/eggs/beets.
With the large box you have a 13% chance of a re-roll, and a 7% chance of getting 200 beets which is 1.4 more boxes.
With the small box you have a 13% chance of a re-roll, and a 17% chance of getting 90 beets which is 1.8 more boxes

@Jackluyt seems to have gotten slightly different results, which is why I've asked how he calculated it.

I'm totally open to changing my mind if presented with facts, but "because I know better" won't cut it for me, sorry.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

1) Which ones are the best event buildings to get? Are there some broken ones, like in Winter event?
The mother dragon is probably better than your winter stars, but only if you've progressed a couple chapters since getting them.
http://crazywizard.info/en/event_march_of_the_herds_2017_rewards.html
2) How gamebreaking are Grand Prizes this time? Are odds of getting all of them (without paying) are still non-existent like in previous events?
Neither of the first 2 prizes give pop or mana, and are very large. They are better than garden of harmony/temple of holy fire though, so if you have those they could be replaced.
I'm not sure if the costs for getting each prize has changed, but probably not, so you likely have the same odds of getting the 3rd prize as in winter: 0.3% if you go all big boxes, and 0.07% if you go small. (based on 6250 beets)

Last edited:

DeletedUser6689

That is a very different result than here:

How did you arrive at your numbers @Jackluyt?

I don't see this event at that link Soggy. This event uses a different mix of probabilities than the previous events - the small chest on this event IS best if you want the daily prize. But if you want KP the big chest is MUCH better. Here is how I worked it out. Assume you buy 100 of each chest. For the small chest that means you spend 5000, but you should get back 50 beets 13 times and you should get back 90 beets 17 times (if we assume perfectly flat luck). Thus you spend a net of 2820 beets, and get 7 buildings, 36x3 relics, 13x5 KP and 14 rune shards. 100 rolls on the 90 chart costs a net of 6140 and 100 rolls on the 140 chart costs a net of 10780. If we compare what a net spend of 10780 beets gets you on each chart it is like this:

Number earned on 50 / 90 / 140
Buildings 26.8 / 22.8 / 25
Relics 412.9 / 379.2 / 300
KP 248.5 / 228.2 / 325
Shards 53.5 / 73.7 / 60