• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Supply shortages

HolyRobie

I've hit a point, perhaps related to my previous post of not having enough granite and responding to suggestions by increasing mines and upgrading them, where I seem to never have enough supplies. I have 3 workshops upgraded to level 16, and one at 13, plus two others. I suppose the answer is to keep adding and upgrading workshops?
Also, can you use more than one enchantment at a time on workshops?

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I'm running 10 workshops because I have a hungry army. So yes, if your city is telling you it needs more of something, build more. Listen to your city, not other players. Don't think, well Player X only has 6 workshops. Everyone's availability and collections are also different. I also try to maximize the footprints by maxing out all the buildings before adding a new instance of another building (Workshop, residence, etc). Despite 10 workshops, I still need to use enchantments and sparkle up some workshops before I collect my overnights. Granite mines sounds like Dwarf Chap so after next chapter (Fairies), you have access to Prosperity Tower, which will make your workshop sparkling more effective, last longer, and gives passive tools as well. PT is good whether you're a fighter or caterer. Yes, the enchantments stack. Once you get a Dragon Abbey, you can make Mana on demand whenever you use enchantments. Then your workshops can sparkle for a long time! My archmage's workshops have 4 years of sparkles on them apparently.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@HolyRobie I had 7 max level workshops when I was in Dwarves. You can cast multiple Power of Provisoion spells on a workshop, but all the extra spells do is extend the duration of the enchantment. They do not make it more powerful. At the end of the Faeries chapter you will unlock the Prosperity Towers ancient wonder. It will make supplies directly every 3 hours and will also make you Power of Provision spells both more powerful and longer lasting. PT will really help with supplies. I realize this will not help you right now since you are in Dwarves, but you do have something to look forward to.

Another option to help with supplies would be magic workshops. A magic workshop makes roughly twice the supplies of a normal workshop of the same level. If you are lucky enough to win a magic workshop in the spire, put it out right away! Or you could buy a magic workshop with diamonds. The issue is that they take either a blueprint or 300 diamonds to upgrade. If you are not in a 10 chest fellowship and winning blueprints weekly then a magic workshop in Dwarves chapter would be expensive to keep upgrading as you progress through the game.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I've hit a point, perhaps related to my previous post of not having enough granite and responding to suggestions by increasing mines and upgrading them, where I seem to never have enough supplies. I have 3 workshops upgraded to level 16, and one at 13, plus two others. I suppose the answer is to keep adding and upgrading workshops?
Also, can you use more than one enchantment at a time on workshops?
Try to have them all upgraded each chapter and also the AW Prosperity Towers helps a ton.

Lady Dastardly

Enscorcelled Endowment spells cast on your highest culture buildings that have received neighborly help will also help boost the amount of the supplies you get from your workshops. They work nicely with the PoP spells to make those workshops much more productive.

Even running 10 workshops with enchantments on them, I still felt the supplies pinch. so I also took advantage of quest cycling in Dwarves and the next few chapters when I had the time and was running short. The bottom of the 2 quest givers on the left side of your screen is usually the one that is a repeating loop of the same declinable quests over and over again. The rewards from intentionally declining your way to the quest you want prior to collecting/doing encounters/upgrading buildings can give you a much needed bump in coins & supplies.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Spells are often massively underestimated. If you regularly do tournaments you should have a good stash of EE and PoP spells. Work out what you normally earn from tournments and you will know a sustainable number you can use to power your current workshops. If you do get even a single magic workshops just keeping it sparkly with good culture can make a huge difference.