• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sustainable Spell Frag production ideas?

BrinDarby

Since both CH 3 & CH4 produce same # of frags , basically ML is 450, and ES is 75.
(4) ES, (2) MP, (2) GT is a 4x3 footprint giving 300 frags/21hrs... Why reinvent the wheel ?
Put back into Spire or let ppl craft more than 1 each..... or Both !!

OIM20

I hadn't considered trading PP's because I normally felt they are too valuable.
I currently have 47 10% PPs in Elcysandir, the only city far enough along to get them from the Trading Station. Granted, I used PPs to blast through chapter 6 without actually building much more than the portal itself (I did have a few of the race specific buildings because you have to if you want to get any benefit from the quests) - It's how I had a max level portal before I ever built a copper mine. I can't do that in Fairies though. Have to build the things before it will let me get the benefit of using the PP.

They disenchant at 800 a pop, so while I'll be holding on to some of these, I will likely be disenchanting some (especially since I also have 15% and even some 50%) for spell frags myself with those sweet new CC recipes. :D
________________________________​
I somewhat doubt the game developers want people to get enough CCs and spell fragments, to craft enough to get a reward chest each day, even if they are active players. Particularly if it's a way to get free diamonds...
Please explain the new 40 VV recipe to me. The developers had to know when they created it that players would burn through their excess spell frags (people complain about having millions of them) and be able to open the Mystic Objects over and over and over as that recipe shows up in their MAs. I've seen it several times (and crafted it each time) across my 3 cities. If they didn't want players to get free diamonds, they wouldn't offer so many ways to obtain them.

The marketing mechanic they're using works like this: give them free diamonds to show them that they are an excellent resource to obtaining things that they can't - either due to not being there yet (orc wall) or due to time limitations (you can only play twice a day due to RL) or what-have-you. Show them the pretty buildings they can get with diamonds (Royal Prize Pass, dragon, sphinx). Show them the easy path to upgrade by placing that "buy resources" button right where "upgrade" normally is. Give them one more chance, then one more after that, in the Spire if they guess wrong for only 25 diamonds. It's just 25 - that's easy to make up, right?

So they see that it's easier with diamonds, or they get pretty things with diamonds, then they start spending real money to get them.

Not everyone plays that way - it's f2p after all, but many people get sucked into that marketing strategy. It's what all f2p games use now, especially if (like Elvenar) they don't have an ad popping up in front of you every two things you do in game. Thing one (2 seconds), thing two (five seconds) - screeching halt for ten second ad - thing one....