• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tabs

DeletedUser1201

Not sure if this is the type of post to be placed here, for the game but here goes. You may delete if it is not suppose to be here. I am playing on US1 and US3 and was wondering why I am having this issue. Or is my computer just screwed up and ancient.

I can not open two tabs at the same time. If I am in one world on the US server, I can not open another tab to get to my other city. It asks, not willie woods, and log out beneath, just to open the other tab. Is there a setting that I need to change on the computer, or am I doomed to always having to log off from the world I am playing, on the first tab just to open the second tab.

I am using Google Chrome when I play, tried Bing also.

DeletedUser43

Before you log in, try having a couple of tabs of elvenar open at once. Then hit the login button and it should take you to a screen asking you which world you want to play in. On each separate tab you have open you just tell it which world you want open. But.....if you log in first, then you can't open a separate tab for each.

Try it now...log out...then get two tabs of elvenar open at once and THEN log in.

DeletedUser1201

Had the usernames and passwords typed in both tabs, when I clicked the first to log in, the second, went to the screen for me to choose which type of city I wanted to start. Kicked username and password right out of the box. Wanted me to start another city, I'm guessing, because I did not select either human or elf, that was on the screen.

DeletedUser43

Yeah. You need to keep both tabs open before you log in, and then log in on each tab.

DeletedUser1201

Thanks for the advice, I will keep playing with it until one of us win this battle

DeletedUser43

I just tried it....get two tabs of elvenar open. Then go to the upper right corner and hit play and enter your login info if you need to (mine is saved). So, now you have two tabs open, and both of them give you the option to hit which world you want to play in. Then choose each world you want to play in.

DeletedUser1201

Sorry, may have described the issue wrong, I have a city here and one in Arendyll. Guess the correct question should be, should I be able to open two tabs on the US server. I can open another on the EN server

DeletedUser43

When you say you have a city here and one in Arendyll, I don't know what you mean. This is the forums for all the US worlds. If you mean that you have an Arendyll city and/or a Winyandor and/or a Felndryl city and/or Kelonaar, then all those cities are on the same US server. That is what I have been describing.

Log out of your game. Then before you log in again, get TWO tabs of the US server open. https://us.elvenar.com/ Open two tabs of that page. Go to tab 1, and hit the play button. Then go to tab 2 and hit the play button. Both of them will say Welcome Willie Woods, these are the worlds you have already played in. You want TWO tabs of the same screen open at the same time. Then, and only then, can you sign back in. Sign in on the first tab and select which world you want and then go to the second tab and sign in again and hit which world you want. You will then have two tabs open and two different worlds open both on the US servers.

DeletedUser61

You're using Chrome, so all you need to do is click the scroll wheel on your Elvenar bookmark, and that will automatically open an additional tab.

If you try to open the SAME world, it will terminate your first session, but you can open other worlds just fine, until you run out of memory.

If you use DIFFERENT browsers, you and your partner can both play in the SAME world at the same time, on the same computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1201

Did everything you have said Bobbykitty, and I get the page you inserted. When I click play, it will send me to start another city and not the F world/US3 that I am trying to get into. I have to log out to get into that city. I am on Arendyll and the F named world on the US server. It does terminate the world that I was on, if I do get in, as Katwijk mentioned, if I do not log out.

DeletedUser61

1. Go to https://us.elvenar.com/web/, which is the Elvenar logon page, and drag THAT page onto your bookmarks bar.
  2. Click on PLAY, in that tab, select one of the actual cities, and play for a bit.
  3. ScrollWheel Click on the bookmark and observe that it opens an additional tab.
    (Or click on the New Tab box to the right of current tabs, then left click the bookmark.)
  4. Click on PLAY, in the NEW tab, select a DIFFERENT city, and play for a bit.
  5. You should now be able to click on either of the two Elvenar tabs to switch cities.
It you can't replicate the above sequence, then similarly describe what you're doing, step by step, and we'll figure out how to get the result that you want.

DeletedUser43

Willie...I checked again and I don't even need to log out to get another tab open. Try staying logged in and click either link provided above. What happens when I do it is that I get another tab opening up and it is the home page and it says "Welcome, you are logged in as Bobbykitty". Then when I hit the play button in either the top right corner or the big one in the middle of the page, a pop up page comes up and says Welcome Bobbykitty....these are the cities you have already played in: Arendyll, Winydandor, Felandryl....then I click on the world I want to open up and both tabs are open.

But, you are saying it doesn't do that for you? I guess it could be because the A world was first and the F world was third, so maybe it is trying to get you to open a city on the second world? If you don't get the same results I did , then I guess it is possible it wants you to have a city in the second world too? Maybe try opening a city on Winyandor? You don't have to ever play in it. See if that helps?

I have a city in A, W and F. I can open Arendyll and Felandryl at the same time and not have Winyandor open, but I do have cities in each world. I don't have a city in the new K world. Maybe it just isn't happy because you only have a city in A and F and not W?? Maybe the code thinks you are skipping a city and it wants to fix that??

Edit: I have another thing to try....try being in Arendyll and opening that new tab and see if it works. If it doesn't, then log out of Arendyll, sign in and log into Felandryl and then try opening a new tab. See if it will let you open Arendyll while Felandryl is open?

DeletedUser1201

Thanks for hanging in there with me, I will try all, both of you have mentioned. I also talked to a player in the fellowship I am in and they say they log in through facebook and through the regular Elvenar web page, will try that also. I just am not a facebook fan.

Got the two tabs open, using facebook on one tab and regular Elvenar web page for the other.

Thanks so much for the help, will try to bookmark these two cities and see how that plays out. Bobbykitty and Katwijk thanks again. You two are the greatest in my book.