• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Teleport Spells

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
You can't teleport
  1. Buildings where there is a limit on how many you can build
  2. Expiring buildings
  3. There may be other?
#1 means you can't teleport portals, chapter 14 guest race buildings, amuni prestige buildings, welcome square in chapter 10, the two embassies in chapter 16, flagships and large ships in chapter 17,...
#2 I expect this means that we can't teleport the towers in chapter 19 (I am not there yet, so can't check)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
You can't teleport
  1. Buildings where there is a limit on how many you can build
  2. Expiring buildings
  3. There may be other?
#1 means you can't teleport portals, chapter 14 guest race buildings, amuni prestige buildings, welcome square in chapter 10, the two embassies in chapter 16, flagships and large ships in chapter 17,...
#2 I expect this means that we can't teleport the towers in chapter 19 (I am not there yet, so can't check)
Since all timed buildings are counting down you could say they are in the process of expiring the moment they are placed. "Expiring" is a word that means "sometime in the future this process will be ended," or something like that.

So, the question is: Can you teleport a building set to expire before it actually expires? If this is what you meant, then "Expiring building" refers to a class of buildings, sense the process of expiring refers to all timed building. But if you can teleport a timed building before it actually expires, then "Expiring building" should be "Expired building," and refers to the ongoing process of expiring.

Sorry to be confused because I suspect others probably aren't. But it is to me, so I thought I'd ask.

AJ

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
So, the question is: Can you teleport a building set to expire before it actually expires? If this is what you meant, then "Expiring building" refers to a class of buildings, sense the process of expiring refers to all timed building. But if you can teleport a timed building before it actually expires, then "Expiring building" should be "Expired building," and refers to the ongoing process of expiring.

To me expiring buildings is a class of buildings, namely those who stops giving a certain benefit after a while, e.g. genies, dwarven armorers and ferris wheels. You can't teleport these buildings before they expire, nor can you teleport them after they have expired.

Deleted User - 1178646

I am trying but can't get rid of my teleport spells
1662563659284.png
1662563677901.png

I do actually use them, but I gain them quicker than I use them.
The only time I can imagine where I would use them quicker than I use them would be if I used them to teleport the entire city during FA's
Not just a handfull of buildings but more like all of them.

Also a wonder would be a bad choice. we are talking about access from chapter 21 or later. thats so late that the usecase is so limited to such a small amount of players.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Thanks for the reply, The Fairy. I'm not surprised that things are sometimes clearer to others than to me.

AJ