• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Temporary Storage (Space)

• Thread starter DeletedUser2396
  • Start date

DeletedUser2396

Yes with the space problem we all have at times a Temporary Storage (Space) to relocate buildings while you redesign your City would be nice - this could be possible to use when a Quest was done that would allow (Space) when certain conditions are met for a non-payee player. A player that has Diamonds could purchase this Temporary Storage (Space).

SK

DeletedUser2073

i agree it gets hard to manage when you have no room

DeletedUser3468

I think that we really need some form of temporary storage! I spent far too long trying to shift things around today to get my new silk factory in and if I'm having problems at this early a level, I can only imagine what a problem it is for players who are at much higher levels than I'm at!

DeletedUser188

A temp storage space would be great and it has been suggested by players on numerous occasions
Not just on Elvenar forum but the forums of other inno game releases
Unfortunately its one of those things I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for
The devs at inno games have made it clear they wont add a temp storage feature no matter how many diamonds we are willing to spend

DeletedUser3805

That sucks the idea is a good idea and with buildings changing size it should be a standard feature in the game.

I agree. It's bad enough that the buildings change sizes as you upgrade them, but you also can't rotate the buildings and items that are oblong, which would allow you to fit them into a spot while you're trying to shift everything around. I can understand why the developers might be hesitant to provide a storage space, but one that would hold, say 50 items, would be more than enough for rearranging our cities.

DeletedUser3575

Even just a simple "swap two buildings" function would go a long way (others have suggested this before as well) but the pleas have fallen on deaf ears so far. Fingers crossed that it is addressed soon!

Until then, if you have time, try using this website to help plan your city - it'll show you all the sizes and orientation changes for each building over time, too, so you can keep in mind what space you'll need down the line: http://www.elvenarchitect.com/

DeletedUser627

They're terrified we might put our premiums into storage and actually re-use them rather than having to buy new ones.

But, on the other hand, we'd no doubt find ways to manipulate it to our advantage unless it were very carefully thought through. If it were permanently open, we'd be moving things in and out for production and boost purposes, not just for re-design use.

Some players suggested a Spell that would allow for a storage unit to be open for a period of time. This would make sense!

DeletedUser3312

The devs at inno games have made it clear they wont add a temp storage feature no matter how many diamonds we are willing to spend

The developers are very clear that player needs are not important to the developers. There is a tab for making suggestions and we do all the time. However I am not sure any player suggestions are ever acted on.

DeletedUser3871

How about instead of temp storage there could be a city planner menu. Like a sketchpad where you can go in and redeisgn your city with the stuff you have. If you are satisfied with the changes then have an option save new design and voila new city plan. Surely that could be implented. This way no extra temp storage is needed.

DeletedUser3312

How about instead of temp storage there could be a city planner menu. Like a sketchpad where you can go in and redeisgn your city with the stuff you have. If you are satisfied with the changes then have an option save new design and voila new city plan. Surely that could be implented. This way no extra temp storage is needed.

http://www.elvenarchitect.com/

DeletedUser627

Unfortunately they don't connect. It's only a planner...but we love it because it's far better than grid paper!

DeletedUser3312

Ok. Maybe a dumb question. How do I get my city as it is now into the planner? Change things around to new design then save it and have it as my new city layout within the game?

It's a bit manual. Like Bobbi says.. it's better than graph paper. much easier to clear when you miss count or decide you don't like something.

DeletedUser3871

Unfortunately they don't connect. It's only a planner...but we love it because it's far better than grid paper!

That is a shame. Would be a good idea that it connects. Even if it was just to copy the current plan to like clipboard and then paste into the architect. Ultimately and ideally you would also be able to rearrange and copy it to the game :D