• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

THANK YOU INNO FOR 'SELECT ALL' ON WORKSHOPS

LONG MAY THE REIGN OF THE TRACKBALL B- Oh wait, they're pretty much being phased out from the market of mouses, as the masses simply seem to not comprehend the feeling of POWER and comfort that comes with resting your arm in a stationary manner of ease and moving merely a solitary finger or two to command a computer to do your bidding while you stare down imperiously from your throne of countless skulls and contemplate which of the lowly rabble will be next to adorn y- Uh, well, that, and everything's going the cursed way of the touchscreen, but no mouse is meant for my grasp except for my mighty Microsoft Trackball Explorer, purchased back in two thousand and one. It almost enrages me when I have to use a regular mouse; I can do it, but I do not want to and am offended that I have to. It is a crime about my humanity, that inferior inputting device! I spit on and besmirch its name!

Trackballs are alive and well! We have them on all our computers and we also have 3 local sources and several online sources for various styles of trackballs. We won't go back to a regular mouse, we also have a couple of extra ones in the top of our closet because my husband is paranoid. LOL

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Now fix the help system so that people can only give culture help to the building that would provide the most benefit.
The game has no way of knowing which help will provide the most benefit.
Then also give people the ability to disable help to MH and/or builders if they don't want it.
Just pretend they didn't help you at all. Problem solved.
Honestly help to MH should probably just be removed completely except for people that don't have Builder or culture buildings yet.
You might feel that way, but the rest of the world does not. Lots of people want help going straight to their MH most of the time. My culture in one city is at max all the time, getting a few extra from Ensorcelled Endowment doesn't interest me in the least as I'm using supplies to buy goods in the wholesaler almost every day, and normally my Builder is packed full of help. MH is the only thing that works, and can stockpile two million coins for me, which is handy for upgrades.

DeletedUser20951

Lots of people like this. And especially if you are small this is usually way more useful than builders.
I like receiving Main Hall aid. I like it a lot. Not because I am in dire need of coin or anything, but since I follow the old adage of something being better than nothing and polishing me does no good (which I hear is the same for the Genie).
we also have a couple of extra ones in the top of our closet because my husband is paranoid. LOL
YOUR HUSBAND IS WISE. I'm still kicking myself for not buying an extra Explorer back before they were discontinued (I've tried other trackballs and they are WRONG. Wrong, I say!), even if the precious thing has proven to have the durability of laconian armor.

DeletedUser23265

The game has no way of knowing which help will provide the most benefit.
The app has no problem figuring out which building provides the most culture. Not sure why you would think a computer can't figure out the largest number in a set of numbers, but whatever.
Just pretend they didn't help you at all. Problem solved.
You might feel that way, but the rest of the world does not. Lots of people want help going straight to their MH most of the time. My culture in one city is at max all the time, getting a few extra from Ensorcelled Endowment doesn't interest me in the least as I'm using supplies to buy goods in the wholesaler almost every day, and normally my Builder is packed full of help. MH is the only thing that works, and can stockpile two million coins for me, which is handy for upgrades.
The game literally tells you to keep your culture at 150% so people can boost you higher. When I started I had my culture maxed out and then ran into quests that forced me to lower back down to 150% in order to complete them. As for MH being helpful you can get 100x more money by just visiting every city near you and helping them until you are maxed out. I constantly have to spend gold on stuff from the wholesaler that I don't even need just so I can collect more gold from my houses because I'm at the gold cap...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The app has no problem figuring out which building provides the most culture. Not sure why you would think a computer can't figure out the largest number in a set of numbers, but whatever.
Because, again, you're assuming everyone needs and wants what you want. I have the lighthouse of good neighborhood. If people polish my mana/culture buildings, those buildings give me an extra 17.5% mana. Mana is worth a hundred times as much to someone in later chapters unless they already have lots of mana producers. I happen to have lots of mana producers.

Which building does the game decide people should buff:
  • Rise of the Phoenix with 9100 culture
  • Manta Ray, which only has 1520 culture, but produces 16,000 mana per day, so if it's polished I get an extra 2800 mana for collecting that day?
The game literally tells you to keep your culture at 150% so people can boost you higher.
A single quest tells you to do that -as part of teaching you that you have some control over your culture level. The game goes not tell you to keep it there forever.

As for MH being helpful you can get 100x more money by just visiting every city near you and helping them until you are maxed out.
Only five times, actually. The MH can receive 2,000,000 coin from ten people, while my 168 neighbours get me 10,080,000 if I help every one of them. As it happens, I can do both. The two million stored in my MH from neighbours helping it is in addition to the 34,000,000 it holds from other sources, giving me 36,000,000 to use.

I constantly have to spend gold on stuff from the wholesaler that I don't even need just so I can collect more gold from my houses because I'm at the gold cap...
I spend gold on KP just about every day (plus sometimes on a single good that is in short supply) and am glad to have it. If ten of my FS members help my MH each day, I can buy an extra KP every day and have gold leftover (My KP currently cost me 1,800,000 each). That's on top of the 5 KP I can buy every day that I help all of my neighbours. And my MH is an easy target the people don't have to look around for.

The point being, you and I do not have to play the game the same way. Asking the developers to remove a mechanic because you think it's useless is likely to bring to your attention other people who value it.

DeletedUser23265

Hey that's cool, I only started playing earlier this year so I have no idea about mana or late-game gold needs.

Still, it would be nice to be able to prevent people from polishing my main hall when I don't need gold the same as it would be nice for people who have maxed out their culture to prevent people from giving them more culture. That way everyone wins.

Regarding the mana vs. culture thing, the devs could make it so each person could prioritize exactly what they want polished and in what order. For example, someone could set their mana building to priority 1, some other culture building to priority 2, MH to priority 3-5, builder to 6-7, and some other culture buildings to 8+. Then when someone goes to help them, the highest priority building that isn't polished is the only building they can polish. Again, everyone wins and everyone gets exactly what they prefer.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Regarding the mana vs. culture thing, the devs could make it so each person could prioritize exactly what they want polished and in what order. For example, someone could set their mana building to priority 1, some other culture building to priority 2, MH to priority 3-5, builder to 6-7, and some other culture buildings to 8+. Then when someone goes to help them, the highest priority building that isn't polished is the only building they can polish. Again, everyone wins and everyone gets exactly what they prefer.
There have been several variations on this suggested Mostly around a simple text HUD where you could label specific preferences (while still allowing the annoying neighbour who wants to help but wants to give you the least help possible because they hate you to do so). Sadly no-one invested enough to polish it into a presentable idea for the gauntlet on Beta.

DeletedUser23265

There have been several variations on this suggested Mostly around a simple text HUD where you could label specific preferences (while still allowing the annoying neighbour who wants to help but wants to give you the least help possible because they hate you to do so). Sadly no-one invested enough to polish it into a presentable idea for the gauntlet on Beta.
Haha

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Maybe it's because of my age, but I just don't worry about it any more. The absolute worst result is that their help didn't help. It's not like they can actually hurt you by polishing the wrong building. And even then, if you return it within a day you're getting some free supplies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Maybe just a simple checkbox in the MH and/or BH to disable receiving NHs.

As soon as the builder's hut is full, no one can help with it any more anyway. I value that 10% time reduction way more than a few coins of a little polish on a culture building. but I am also waiting for chapter 15 to start, so my build times are not short. lol

As for the main hall, I never use the abbreviations of MBC in my city name and never have more than a couple of people per day help my main hall. Most people who visit me seem to click on culture with no extra prompting from me. This is probably because most of them want culture help in return.

DeletedUser23265

As soon as the builder's hut is full, no one can help with it any more anyway. I value that 10% time reduction way more than a few coins of a little polish on a culture building. but I am also waiting for chapter 15 to start, so my build times are not short. lol

As for the main hall, I never use the abbreviations of MBC in my city name and never have more than a couple of people per day help my main hall. Most people who visit me seem to click on culture with no extra prompting from me. This is probably because most of them want culture help in return.
Even though the name of my city is "Culture-Herds/Temples" at least 50% of my helps are MH/B and then 75% of my culture helps are on buildings that give me an extra 116-440 culture when I have 1200-1650 culture buildings sitting there unpolished.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
It would be hard for them to set it up so we all could have it give the help what we want automatically. If they added what they have for the app I think it would be a welcomed improvement that we all would like though!
@Ramboface are your better culture buildings closer to your MH then the others? I found that was the best way to get players to help them!

Alistaire

How about just a checkmark on each building you could click to "disallow help" on it? Both from receiving and giving points of view I hate to find out I helped something of someone thinking it was great and turns out it wasn't. When I started I thought the canals in elementals were a diamond purchase and so they'd be really great culture right?

AND/OR just the simple change where we'd see our neighbors buildings the way we see our own: hover over it and see the culture added.

Sir Squirrel

The problem with disallowing help on anything (especially the MH ) is that if I go to help you and you don't have anything left to help I cant help you and I don't get my reward for helping. Much the same as if a smaller city has the MH in forever upgrade mode because they left the game with it upgrading!

Vergazi

The problem with disallowing help on anything (especially the MH ) is that if I go to help you and you don't have anything left to help I cant help you and I don't get my reward for helping. Much the same as if a smaller city has the MH in forever upgrade mode because they left the game with it upgrading!
Perhaps it's obvious, but if one is getting that many helps from fellows and neighbors that they would routinely run out of buildings to help then disallowing helps on any of them would be just dumb and stupid imo. And nooooooooooooooo the Squirrel IS NOT DUMB AND STUPID. i JUST MEAN..YOU KNOW...WHO WOULD EVEN DISALLOW ALL OF THEIR BUILDINGS?! oops left the caps on, argh apathy taking over...refuse to correct it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
oops left the caps on, argh apathy taking over...refuse to correct it
You should look into a copy-paste utility. I've been using Spartan Multiclip for years, and happily paid for it after a while. It has options to paste plain text, all caps or all lowercase, and can store hundreds of regular clips.

Sir Squirrel

I meant if a smaller player turned off the help for say his or her MH, and they have limited culture and they were all helped already. I wouldn't be able to help them to get my reward for helping. I hope that is easier to understand.