• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thanks Inno

DeletedUser3621

Why would you think that that's "American". Perhaps you also believe Easter / Christ mass / Thanksgiving are "US" institutions. Just so you stay informed, there are actual other countries outside the US border.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Why would you think that that's "American". Perhaps you also believe Easter / Christ mass / Thanksgiving are "US" institutions. Just so you stay informed, there are actual other countries outside the US border.
Labor Day on the first Monday in September IS an American holiday. If you are thinking about other labor days for the world at large, most of those occur in May, and just so you stay informed, no, we aren't currently in May. Maybe the wind blew your calendar a few pages back? :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser3621

Labor Day on the first Monday in September IS an American holiday. If you are thinking about other labor days for the world at large, most of those occur in May, and just so you stay informed, no, we aren't currently in May. Maybe the wind blew your calendar a few pages back? :p
OK now is a good time get out your history and geography books. Had you said "labour day in North America" this thread would not be happening. North America encompasses Canada, USA, and Mexico unless the revisionists made some changes without informing the rest of the world. Maybe you need to get a better calendar.

To think of this another way - when I flip on the "weather channel" I get to see weather world wide. When traveling in the US, the weather stops at the US border both north and south. Apparently, only the US gets to have weather. All other countries have to come up with a different plan. I recommend we call all non-US weather channels "Atmospheric Disturbance channel" or "Climate Blip channel" or "Daily Ups and Downs channel". All to avoid any confusion.

DeletedUser3621

""
Why would you think that that's "American". Perhaps you also believe Easter / Christ mass / Thanksgiving 'Turkey Genocide Day' are "US" institutions. Just so you stay informed, there are actual other countries outside the US border. "
Fixed that for you. "

I stand corrected. Thank you.

mikeledo

It is the capitalist's answer to May Day. No military parades just folks having a picnic and crowding beaches celebrating the last of summer. Except this time they are all going to die.

Darielle

OK now is a good time get out your history and geography books. Had you said "labour day in North America" this thread would not be happening. North America encompasses Canada, USA, and Mexico unless the revisionists made some changes without informing the rest of the world. Maybe you need to get a better calendar.

To think of this another way - when I flip on the "weather channel" I get to see weather world wide. When traveling in the US, the weather stops at the US border both north and south. Apparently, only the US gets to have weather. All other countries have to come up with a different plan. I recommend we call all non-US weather channels "Atmospheric Disturbance channel" or "Climate Blip channel" or "Daily Ups and Downs channel". All to avoid any confusion.
Labor Day, on the first Monday of September, originated in the United States. Canada adopted it later. It's an American holiday. But go ahead and stamp your feet, insult and try to prove how smart you are, as you did in your very first post. It doesn't matter to me ... I'm done. :)

Iamaita

Thanks Inno for starting an event on an American Holiday!
I know, right? I thought it was awesome that they planned it this way since we are all responsibly following social distancing guidelines and avoiding traditional Labor Day activities like barbecues and parties at the lake. I guess it’s sort of inconvenient for anyone who had planned to knock out some home improvement projects over the long weekend, but you can’t accommodate everyone. :)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
LordRezal is correct. The USA is the only country that celebrates Labor Day on the 1st Monday of September. In Canada and in Australia we celebrate Labour Day.

And to insure there is no confusion between the two days, countries outside the US have it on a different day AND they spell it wrong! LOL!

AJ

BrinDarby

Most american national holidays ( coughs ), are far from that....
Govmt ppl, banks, and selected companies are the only ppl that get the day off.
There are NO true national holidays in the USA, not even once every 4 years to vote.
To be a national holiday, the nation gets the day off, by its very deffinition, and we all
know thats not what happens....... lolololololol ;)

Darielle

Lolol we spell it correctly, your Webster got a bee up his bonnet and reinvented spelling all on his ownsome. Just because he published his departure from the standard spelling conventions everyone else uses doesn't make his correct.
That's certainly true. Probably it would be better to say countries outside the US have it on a different day plus WE spell it wrong, lol.