• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

That's all for me, thanks for the good times

DeletedUser7738

I feel a profound sadness and heavy weight pushing down on my thoughts ... like a rip in the fabric of time & space just occurred over my head. Soggy, you are a constant in these Elvenar forums, a consistent voice of reason and passion, that perpetual rail light in the dark tunnel. I will miss your insight and wisdom, humour & passion. Best of luck and happiness in your endeavors to come.

So Soggy is leaving ... other well known players, maybe not so much in the forums, are leaving as well. Fairy Dust's response, while carrying the Inno Flag of xeno-support-techo-double-speak, knows the meaning, perhaps hoping someone will take over, fill his shoes as it were, and carry on. Maybe, but his excellent implementation wish list is spot on, every point hits a painful, twitching nerve and sore point I feel with Elvenar. The CM's know this, the devs know this, the bean counters know this and, hell, even the suits upstairs know this. There are simply too many holes in the bulwark, Fairy Dust, to respond with such a generic, form letter. Remember, Soggy's list does not just belong to him: his is a compilation of comments from the Elvenar community (you know, those people that contribute to Inno's bottom-line?). To sweep them under the hug, make light of them and/or ignore them would be a slap in my face as well ... maybe everyone's. I think it was Confucius who said It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you do not stop, this may be true but when your progress appears to be slow as to take years to move a mm, then it's the people behind the numbers that are to blame:

A good decision is based on knowledge and not numbers - Plato
Take care Soggy; Wake up Inno!!!
Mai

Laochra

Some might take a little effort to implement, but really there are a few major Quality of Life changes that could be implemented during someone's lunch break
Hey, Dave, can you do this while you have your coffee?
  1. Add the scout icon to the main bar so players can see if it is available.
  2. Make the start of the chapter more obvious by having the advanced scouts tech to the left of the dividing line.
  3. Implement hotkeys on the fight page for selecting troops.
  4. Change event quests from "produce boosted T1" to "produce any T1" to make it fair for players with larger level 1 factories.
  5. Add blueprints to the inventory so players can see how many they have.
  6. Replace every "Awesome" pop-up with just a floating text.
And others that would take some time but it would be measured in hours, not months and should certainly not still be an issue years later.
  1. Replace the FA quests with the Crafting Challenge system so that collecting 1 beverage automatically gives 1 Dwarven Badge and 1 toolbox automatically gives 1 Blacksmith Badge.
  2. Implement the mobile features on the browser and vice-versa- there should never be such a massive imbalance between features that players are sitting in front of their PC doing visits on their phone.
  3. Fast visits, "auto next tournament spot", and "set all" workshops on browser like on mobile.
  4. Donate KP and have messages on mobile like on browser.
  5. Messages upgrade: autocomplete names, Sticky threads, "select all mages" add fonts/bold etc.
  6. Notification overhaul:split trades, visits, and other into different tabs.
  7. When a wonder that we donated to completes, tell us who's wonder it was.
  8. Chat upgrade: Add more channels such as Mages, Whisper, Gobal 1-10, Trade, Event, and Help.
  9. Trader upgrade: Add a cross-tier filter, allow partial trade purchases, and move trades with the best ratio to the top.
  10. Matchmaking: Add some basic features that allow FS and players to find each other like letting FS set recruiting status and minimum requirements while letting players filter fellowship lists by the same.
These are all universally desired features with no drawbacks (since they don't affect game balance) A company that pulls in over $200,000,000 per year with over 400 employees should be able to handle something that an indie company does in some guy's basement.
[/QUOTE]

@SoggyShorts , @Tedious :The Forum conversations may become Tediously Soggy, without the two of you around. But, I get it & agree wholeheartedly that all of these suggestions need to be implemented. I have learned so much from you guys. Ya'll will definitely be missed!
iu

Deleted User - 107391

@SoggyShorts Good Luck & Fortune in whatever comes next for you...

Yet another person to add to the list of people who have quit the game but while they were here tried to make the game a better experience for the rest of us..

Edit: Never say never my friend. I tried to quit 2 times already and found myself back to it after a few months break.. I hope this is the case with you and all you need is a long break..
LOL - I came back after 3 YEARS!. ... and am already contemplating a break. @SoggyShorts's points are mine exactly.

Eldenisa Tiege

As some of you may have noticed I took a 2-week break to see how I felt about leaving Elvenar. After 3 years and 10,000 forum posts:eek: (7 here, 3 on Beta/EN) I think my time here is over.

I'll certainly miss the forums, but I don't think I'll actually miss playing...at least not the game I've had the past ~15 months. @Tedious perfectly summed up the biggest late-game issues in his farewell thread:

This is exactly how I have felt for quite some time, and I think I've waited as long as I could for Inno to add end-game content.

Best of luck to all of you, perhaps we'll meet again someday.
Cheers,
Soggy

If you need to reach me, I'll keep PM notifications turned on for a while.

IMO you really need to prioritize improving some features like Browser visits and the FA. It doesn't matter how, just do it.
To quote a Valve review: Sometimes changing full diapers IMMEDIATELY is the best cause of action before the stink starts ruining every pleasantness around you; not thinking about why, when or the optimal way of changing it for a long time before you do, looking like 40 road workers looking bewildered at each other while tossing one spade between them.

Awww..... SoggyShorts,
Everything I learned about the game was from you and Mykin and a few other top players. I thank you for your enormous amount of patience with a new player. You never made me feel dumb for asking questions (I did that). Are you going to or already found a more challenging game. Would you let us know? You are sure to have many followers!
Come back to visit once in a while so we know you’re ok. Ok?
;->

DeletedUser2870

Damn, I don't spend as much time on the forums anymore, as I don't feel there is much reason to. I didn't even know he left the game.

The comeradery is great, and some of the posts are fun, but for me one of the main functions is to give feedback to the devs, giving them the opportunity to listen to their customers. That however is something Inno still doesn't seem to understand.
I can understand the taking a break, I've done so myself twice over and mainly came back because of the friends I made, not just the game itself, which is a bad sign for any game.

I will miss Soggy greatly, didn't even know he was gone since I haven't been on the forums a lot lately, but Soggy was a voice of reason and had well documented and researched stats as the base for much of his suggestions for the devs.
It's a shame he is lost to this community. @SoggyShorts : my best wishes to you. Blessed be, wherever life takes you now.