• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Away from the Game for an Extended Time Thread

Peutetre

To implement this feature as requested in the voting tab from ed***** I would set a feature for the mages and archmage of the fellowship to be able to suspend city activity for players that send a request to have their respective city temporarily inactivated. The request should provide enough information for the mages and archmage to understand the reason for the inactivation cycle to be initiated.
The inactivation cycle will require a request sent to the mages and/or archmage to resume city activation. If there is extended absence without notifying the mages and archmage of intent to resume play, the fellowship membership of the inactive member can still be deleted and a search for an active member to replace the deleted fellowship account can be initiated.
Place a check box viewable by fellowship mages and archmages in the mages and archmages home screen under the fellowship members view. When selected, the view activates the check box in the fellowship members drop down view.
When a mage or archmage activates the check box to allow city suspension on their fellowship view page, a check box is enabled in the fellowship view that makes the suspension button viewable on the fellowship page in the requestors fellowship membership view. The player requesting that the city be inactivated can then select inactivation by pressing the button.

Tavina

What if a player passes away is there any way to have like a bulletin board within the forums. Does elvenar have access to a player's "real" profile. I'f so maybe there could be like I was saying a bulletin board with names of players that are no longer playing it would be some work on elvenar side to keep track but just a thought. I've lost players in other games but have had family members post on Facebook that they had passed away.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
There's a lot of privacy issues with that. Remember also that Inno is a German-based company and the EU privacy laws are even stricter. I also would not want Inno to have my "real" profile. They can then potentially just package that info up and sell it by jamming it in some EULA fine print that nobody has read.

Tavina

There's a lot of privacy issues with that. Remember also that Inno is a German-based company and the EU privacy laws are even stricter. I also would not want Inno to have my "real" profile. They can then potentially just package that info up and sell it by jamming it in some EULA fine print that nobody has read.
I can see that... there's got to be some way though. Those players that disappear we just assumed when somebody leaves that they're still playing and all is good. Maybe then a player option board if they don't want to notify their fellowship that they're leaving for whatever reason they can come into the forums and put a check mark by their name as still playing. idk I do like the privacy of the game on a side note, I've developed close relationships in other games and I know that they would like to know if I no longer existed.... They are connected to Facebook so they would get a message from a family member on my feed.... I would imagine some close relationships are built here also.... And some people would be concerned.....

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh boy
I was in a FS on H, where our AM mixed it up with some of the players at one point, and later they decided to tell everyone that they had passed away (after secretly making a couple of other accounts and passing their goods to those cities). They then tried to manipulate the FS from another cover. Note that I said 'was', I left pretty quick, but imagine if she could alter other people's account as well.:eek:

Tavina

Oh boy
I was in a FS on H, where our AM mixed it up with some of the players at one point, and later they decided to tell everyone that they had passed away (after secretly making a couple of other accounts and passing their goods to those cities). They then tried to manipulate the FS from another cover. Note that I said 'was', I left pretty quick, but imagine if she could alter other people's account as well.:eek:
Oh my well I do not want other players to have my real life information unless I chose to share or become friends on another platform.... My question was more for elvenar something for more for them to do lol.... It would somehow have to be on their side some kind of group posting thread I don't know how the forum is set up I'm still new... I don't know how to explain myself anymore on what I think is or could be possible.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh my well I do not want other players to have my real life information unless I chose to share or become friends on another platform.... My question was more for elvenar something for more for them to do lol.... It would somehow have to be on their side some kind of group posting thread I don't know how the forum is set up I'm still new... I don't know how to explain myself anymore on what I think is or could be possible.
Keep trying Tavina.
I know of a FS where the AM really did pass away, and the remaining players altered the name of the FS in her honor and put a tribute note on their overview.
Players who are planning to be away can change their city name to say, 'Moving Mum', to cite an example I've witnessed.

Yogi Dave

I would set a feature for the mages and archmage of the fellowship to be able to suspend city activity for players that send a request to have their respective city temporarily inactivated
No. Just no. No one in an FA should have the power to suspend play of another city. The power to kick them out is enough. Talk about possible abuse by an irate AM or mage. Would the person be able to quit the FS while their city is suspended? Even if they can, No. Just no.