• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Well thats a little discouraging. Only 10h effect even at lvl 84.
5h.. 10h.. its still a one round effect. I was hoping it would be longer.
This short duration plus using all goblets at once, make this massively less useful. (Unless you have timewarp lvl30 and bear and do many rounds at once. But if you have that.. then again.. 5h or 10h doesnt rly matter either.)
@Dominionofgod max time for the military boosts at the max of level 101 is 12 hours. I don't know if the critical effect from using spell shards makes that longer or just guarantees the max amount of time you have researched,

You can have a look at the results of my recipes here. I got over 22 hours critical effect.
And yes, you can look at the downside of it or upside of it or both sides or no side. All up to you :)

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
@Dominionofgod max time for the military boosts at the max of level 101 is 12 hours. I don't know if the critical effect from using spell shards makes that longer or just guarantees the max amount of time you have researched,

You can have a look at the results of my recipes here. I got over 22 hours critical effect.
And yes, you can look at the downside of it or upside of it or both sides or no side. All up to you :)

Its no much much the upside or downside.. im more of a realist and thinking of how it will actually play out in use. And while the cauldron has a lot of interesting possibilities, it seems like every avenue of being able to utilize it to its top potential is blocked off.

We chose an effect to go after: Great. For me, its military boost. Since im using barracks troops atm, in chap 9 (Start of woodelves), im aiming primarily for increase barracks strength.

Combat takes place across 6 some days iir. Spire starting sunday? and tourney ending saterday.
Since i can do spire all in one day/one run, i can do that anytime during tourney. So now its down to 5 days of combat.
Those combat days are tuesday through saterday.
I have 5 goblets. Using them individually would give me a chance at the military boost through out the week.
Cant use them individually. Must use them all at once.
That would mean only one day of combat unless the boost lasts for a good bit of time.
Boost does not last a good bit of time. If max is 12h duartion then you only get one tourney round, period.
Maybe the duration can be increased more by the critical effect...?
Critical effect boost is increase form donated Spell frags.
I simply do not get enough frags each week to apply any of them to the cauldron. Even doing full spire and only crafting military buildings.. most of my fragment use is already accounted for. So no good chance at critical effect to increase duration.

So, with where i am, im basically forced by the system to only getting a single days tourney boost. But it doesnt stop there.
If i only get one use a week.. the best use would be on the last tourney day. Use the boost on the hardest fighting day. But if i do that, id miss out on all the spire.
So ill do it thursday (?). Last day of spire and a middle of tourney. Thats more efficient then just tourney.
If i wait until thursday to use it and get the most out of it.. then i lose out on the option to donate resources to the cauldron for 4-5 out of 6 days.
If i want more days to donate resources, then i have to use the boost at the start of the week when fighting is minimal and thus the boost doesnt mean a whole lot.

Its an interesting addition to the game, but it feels like every time i try to get the most out of it, the system has something there to make sure I cant do that. Thats the part that annoys me.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I have 5 goblets. Using them individually would give me a chance at the military boost through out the week.

I must admit that it would be great because it would effectively give us 5 potions rather than one. We could actually get the same effect five times a week. So it could make it five times as powerful.

The way I see it is that we will always want more effects, more diamonds, more troops etc, it doesn't mean that it's always good to get it because once we get exactly what we want then the game is over, nothing more to strive for. It's in everyone's interest to keep us working on getting what we want so we keep playing. The challenge for developers is to keep the balance between giving us too much and too little. When they give us too much, we stop playing because there's nothing to work on, when they give us too little, we stop playing because it's not worth the effort and there's not enough satisfaction when we actually get something.

Personally, I don't only care about the results, I care about the entertainment of getting things as well. At this moment, it's quite exciting to see how my carefully brewed potion will go! But that's just me being silly... :D

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I must admit that it would be great because it would effectively give us 5 potions rather than one. We could actually get the same effect five times a week. So it could make it five times as powerful.
Well i think that is a built in ballance even with 5 goblets individually. We still have a high fail rate. Iv had times where iv had 4 fails in a row. You Can also get a compeltely different effect then what you are after. So its highly unliekly, tho theoreticaly possible, to get 5 of the effect you want each day. - So i think it alreayd has a built in protection right there. Yet were still required to use all of em at once...

Dew Spinner

Its no much much the upside or downside.. im more of a realist and thinking of how it will actually play out in use. And while the cauldron has a lot of interesting possibilities, it seems like every avenue of being able to utilize it to its top potential is blocked off.

We chose an effect to go after: Great. For me, its military boost. Since im using barracks troops atm, in chap 9 (Start of woodelves), im aiming primarily for increase barracks strength.

Combat takes place across 6 some days iir. Spire starting sunday? and tourney ending saterday.
Since i can do spire all in one day/one run, i can do that anytime during tourney. So now its down to 5 days of combat.
Those combat days are tuesday through saterday.
Cant use them individually. Must use them all at once.
That would mean only one day of combat unless the boost lasts for a good bit of time.
Boost does not last a good bit of time. If max is 12h duartion then you only get one tourney round, period.
Maybe the duration can be increased more by the critical effect...?
Critical effect boost is increase form donated Spell frags.
I simply do not get enough frags each week to apply any of them to the cauldron. Even doing full spire and only crafting military buildings.. most of my fragment use is already accounted for. So no good chance at critical effect to increase duration.

So, with where i am, im basically forced by the system to only getting a single days tourney boost. But it doesnt stop there.
If i only get one use a week.. the best use would be on the last tourney day. Use the boost on the hardest fighting day. But if i do that, id miss out on all the spire.
So ill do it thursday (?). Last day of spire and a middle of tourney. Thats more efficient then just tourney.
If i wait until thursday to use it and get the most out of it.. then i lose out on the option to donate resources to the cauldron for 4-5 out of 6 days.
If i want more days to donate resources, then i have to use the boost at the start of the week when fighting is minimal and thus the boost doesnt mean a whole lot.

Its an interesting addition to the game, but it feels like every time i try to get the most out of it, the system has something there to make sure I cant do that. Thats the part that annoys me.
As with everything in this game you have to choose how to use everything in the best way for where you are in the game, At This Moment. 2 months from now you will be at a different point in the game and the "usefulness" of everything will change. I have no use for KP, Swap Threads or Portal Profits right now but later they may be very useful. I'm having a hard time spending my "free" 10 KP from FS Perks because if I do I risk jumping another FS Member, how's that for a game problem?! This game ebbs and flows with respect to the usefulness of resources, what is useless today is rare tomorrow.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I'm having a hard time spending my "free" 10 KP from FS Perks because if I do I risk jumping another FS Member, how's that for a game problem?!
i have no idea what your referring to there... iv never heard that one.

The difference i think tho is that i acknowledge that the cauldron is useful. But it could be a lot more useful except they've purposely made road blocks to keep it less useful.
Duration of anything is always a big factor. If a PoP enchantment only lasted 20 min... or the fire phoenixx feeding effect only lasted 10 min.. that would be a drastic difference then how they are now. It would change the very way we think of them and use them. - I see the cauldron the same way. Everythigns there for it to be incredible. But those road blocks make it almost barley useful.

Dew Spinner

i have no idea what your referring to there... iv never heard that one.

The difference i think tho is that i acknowledge that the cauldron is useful. But it could be a lot more useful except they've purposely made road blocks to keep it less useful.
Duration of anything is always a big factor. If a PoP enchantment only lasted 20 min... or the fire phoenixx feeding effect only lasted 10 min.. that would be a drastic difference then how they are now. It would change the very way we think of them and use them. - I see the cauldron the same way. Everythigns there for it to be incredible. But those road blocks make it almost barley useful.
Inno can't make this too overpowered, they have to keep balance in the game. The reference to 10 Free Kp a day is a Perk that you can get from the FS Peks. I get 10 Free KP a day from this FS Perk and I have to be very careful where I spend it as to not jump other FS members and inadvertently steal a chest from them, which would make me very unpopular with my FS members!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Dominionofgod success rate is directly tied into both your chapter and research completed. I am at the end of chapter 20 and have done every single research in all 20 chapters and even with that I am just short of enough witch points to get a 100% success chance without spending at least 25 diamonds. I will not have enough free points for 100% success until after chapter 21 is added and I complete the first research. Success rate is yet another thing about this that favors end-game players and players willing to spend diamonds on the four ingredients each week that require them. Sure, my success rate, when I spread the witch points around on all free ingredients can be as high as 98%, but there is still that crazy Inno RNG that could cause one or more of my goblets to fail.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
The reference to 10 Free Kp a day is a Perk that you can get from the FS Peks. I get 10 Free KP a day from this FS Perk and I have to be very careful where I spend it as to not jump other FS members and inadvertently steal a chest from them, which would make me very unpopular with my FS members!
I know what the perk is. Recently hit 10 ourselves. Its the 'not jump' part i dont get. We have kp chain threads. One of which is 10. So its always easy for anyone to use there free kp every day.

@Dominionofgod success rate is directly tied into both your chapter and research completed.
Right now im only at the start of wood elves, 9. And ill be staying there for a lot longer until i finish some other stuff i was working on. So with jsut adding ingredients and brewing, im only at about 50% success rate. SO having to use all 5 goblets at once, its not surprising to see some fails.

Yogi Dave

This I call going absurd. It was an attempt to look at different aspects. Being done with chapter 20 and waiting for 21, I have resources to spare.

My Merc. mayhem was level 80. Although I used 200 diamonds in the ingredients, I think I had enough WP to get to 100% success rate without using the diamonds, but the boost would have been smaller.

CaldronAbsurd.png

As you can see, I also used 10K spell frags and 250 diamonds for the critical effect chance. It's showing the merc. mayhem boost as 38.3% for 19:09h.
CaldronWow.png

What I got was the 38.3% and 28:44h. Not bad, but I wouldn't say it was really worth the cost in general since I have the 5 AWs giving me 40% for each troops type and the fire phoenix for another 50%. I also run with a 0-cooldown time.

Like I said, this was a test, and it did help. While I do have 553K spell frags, I don't think I'd spend them often for the critical effect and I don't see me using diamonds beyond this time. But then again, I've been wrong about what I'll do in the future.

Dew Spinner

I know what the perk is. Recently hit 10 ourselves. Its the 'not jump' part i dont get. We have kp chain threads. One of which is 10. So its always easy for anyone to use there free kp every day.

Right now im only at the start of wood elves, 9. And ill be staying there for a lot longer until i finish some other stuff i was working on. So with jsut adding ingredients and brewing, im only at about 50% success rate. SO having to use all 5 goblets at once, its not surprising to see some fails.
I can't use that 10 KP Swap Thread to get rid of my 10 Free KP from the FS Perks because I don't have a AW to list next in line, all my AWs are as leveled as I want them to be.

Dew Spinner

Can't you just ask a FS member what wonder they want to upgrade "eventually" and dump it in there every day?
Yes, but they have FS Member donations already on there, so unless I catch an AW that has just finished upgrading I am limited by how much I can donate without jumping another FS Member, I know...first world problems!

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
CaldronWow.png

What I got was the 38.3% and 28:44h. Not bad, but I wouldn't say it was really worth the cost in general since I have the 5 AWs giving me 40% for each troops type and the fire phoenix for another 50%. I also run with a 0-cooldown time.

Like I said, this was a test, and it did help. While I do have 553K spell frags, I don't think I'd spend them often for the critical effect and I don't see me using diamonds beyond this time. But then again, I've been wrong about what I'll do in the future.
If i could do that on barracks troops and without diamonds/frags then that would be nice. Thats atleast 2 tourney runs (Without timewarp/bear.) Done on thursday i could do the whole spire and two runs of tourney (3rd and 4th).
Also.. how the hell do you have 500k frags? Did you disenchant your whole inventory? Im usually around 100k ish. But i only craft military stuff because i cant keep up with frags/catalysts to do more. And the damn vision vapor badge in the FA kills any resource gains i might have made.

all my AWs are as leveled as I want them to be.
I feel like this might might end up in a whole side conversation... but im curious lol. So do elaborate.

Since iv stayed put so long, iv got some nice work on aw for my level. Lvl 30 GA, MH, MM, Needles. Lvl 19 shrooms. lvl 17 pt. Lvl 13 bulwark. And im working on getting the next to up to 30 now. Lvl 17 Watchtower ruins, and lvl 16 thrones.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Yes, but they have FS Member donations already on there, so unless I catch an AW that has just finished upgrading I am limited by how much I can donate without jumping another FS Member, I know...first world problems!
Ill admit, this was one completely unexpected surprise about playing two cities in the same FS. I made a second city and got it built to to the same as my main. So they are nearly identical with th exception of boosted goods and magic residences form spire. - Both are fighting cities. So any time i have extra kp that i cant or dont want to use in a kp chain thread or anything else.. i can dump it right into my other self.
(Just to clarify, not a kp push city. Both cities built and played actively.)

Count Rupert

Anyone with 6+ moonsets can have ~1m SF
E.G. I didn't even play during the first 12 months after the spire came out, have 8 moonsets and 1.3m SF
Meaning those us who came later are at an extreme disadvantage. Used to be just in crafting/CCs. Guess that wasn't bad enough, had to add the cauldron too. :(

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Meaning those us who came later are at an extreme disadvantage. Used to be just in crafting/CCs. Guess that wasn't bad enough, had to add the cauldron too. :(
You're complaining that they got something you don't have,
BUT
The cauldron makes the game easier by giving a small boost which means you can have something they didn't have.

You could embrace the gift you've been given and thank inno for the very nice little boost you'll have during your play and appreciate that you won't have to work as hard as those who played for years without any such bonus.
Or not. Whatever blows your hair back.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
  • Find an AW that still has the Top Chest open
  • Donate enough points to claim the Top Chest
  • Thereafter you can add hundreds of Perk Points without bumping anybody
  • It works best if you have a swap partner, and if neither chest is flagged as a Favorite.
There are other approaches that are more efficient, Net0 in particular, but it's always convenient to have an overflow swap partner.