• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

Yogi Dave

Edit: forgot about minimum provinces in the first tutorial chapters, so yes those in chapters 1-3 get fewer goblets
While chapters 1-3 would find it difficult to get 2k points, the cauldron requires that tech in chapter 5.
Once you find a mix that you like, make a note of it for future use.
Making a note of it is a wise thing to do, but it may not be possible to use that recipe for a while since all ingredients are not available every week. It depends on which ones the Sorceress gathers during her weekly stroll.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
While chapters 1-3 would find it difficult to get 2k points, the cauldron requires that tech in chapter 5.

Making a note of it is a wise thing to do, but it may not be possible to use that recipe for a while since all ingredients are not available every week. It depends on which ones the Sorceress gathers during her weekly stroll.
Oh yeah, so nevermindthen my original statement was correct: anyone can get the max goblets from the cauldron since the cap is 2K tournament points

never heard of a 2k cap , there Soggy....
Yup, 2k gets you 5 goblets, and that's the cap.

defiantoneks

I also find it a little odd, and highly inconvient, that we cant make 'donations' for powering up effects while the witch is out of town. That seems rather pointless and backwards. I can rule the city but i cant make a donation on saterday... -_- That rly shouldnt have a time limit on that part.
i agree. maybe i saw it wrong, but seems like we had one "countdown" to reset, but that was really til she left hunting? and then another til she comes back? I would rather be able to donate til it resets, and just have one countdown. perhaps because of the two-stage creating/donating they had to separate it, but it's a little confusing.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
i agree. maybe i saw it wrong, but seems like we had one "countdown" to reset, but that was really til she left hunting? and then another til she comes back? I would rather be able to donate til it resets, and just have one countdown. perhaps because of the two-stage creating/donating they had to separate it, but it's a little confusing.
It’s no different than Spire or tournament…when they’re open, they have a countdown until they’re finished, and after they close you have another countdown to when they each start again.

Tuschunreal

You don't have to actually brew with 1 ingredient to see what it can do. Nor will it take you years to find out what each ingredient does. Put 1 ingredient in the cauldron, look at the possible boosts, and note which one is the highest. Then use the Remove button to empty the cauldron and try another. Within a few minutes, you can learn what each ingredient does, without wasting goblets.

Experimenting with ingredient mixtures is easy: drop 1 in, look at the boosts and chances. Drop a different 1 in, see what changes. A 3rd, and a 4th, etc. Same thing with seeing how many of 1 ingredient you need to a) get the best chance boost you want and b) find out what the success rate is for each goblet used.

Then remove all the ingredients and try a different recipe. Once you find a mix that you like, make a note of it for future use.
That makes sense...I thought you had to brew to find out the result, I guess I'm not the sharpest quiver in the elf's arrow . I now see you can do it in the game on the computer...

Flashfyre

That makes sense...I thought you had to brew to find out the result, I guess I'm not the sharpest quiver in the elf's arrow . I now see you can do it in the game on the computer...

Mobile has a little orange wheely arrow to empty the cauldron of everything, and a red (-) button to remove the last ingredient you put in. So you can drop in the 3 or 4 you know you want, and then add the others 1 at a time (removing each before adding the next) to see if you can better your recipe.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Oh yeah, so nevermindthen my original statement was correct: anyone can get the max goblets from the cauldron since the cap is 2K tournament points

Yup, 2k gets you 5 goblets, and that's the cap.
2k tourney points is supposed t get 5 goblets? IS that counting a goblet form else where?

I took note right before the tourney ended today of what ppl got.

Position #1-#10 with a range of 2040 to 6210 tourney points; each got 4 goblets.
#11-14 with a range of 1200-1890 tourney points; each got 3 goblets
#15-#18 with a range of 118 to 738 tounrey points; got 2 goblets
#19-20 with a range of 510-594 tourney points got 1 goblet.

defiantoneks

2k tourney points is supposed t get 5 goblets? IS that counting a goblet form else where?

I took note right before the tourney ended today of what ppl got.

Position #1-#10 with a range of 2040 to 6210 tourney points; each got 4 goblets.
#11-14 with a range of 1200-1890 tourney points; each got 3 goblets
#15-#18 with a range of 118 to 738 tounrey points; got 2 goblets
#19-20 with a range of 510-594 tourney points got 1 goblet.
pretty sure you get one just for existing.

Dadnaz

I did some tests for this week. I have all studies around 60, Orcs at 80. Some ideas.

Attachments

• Barracks.jpg
    Barracks.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Mana.jpg
    Mana.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Marble.jpg
    Marble.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Orcs.jpg
    Orcs.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Seeds.jpg
    Seeds.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 67

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
So my first thought was to use this for the military bonuses. Always looking increase my military abilities.
But sadly, i saw we use all our goblets at the same time, one after another. Cant use one goblet each day.
So if i can only use it once.. if going for military bonus, it would make more sense to use it on the last day/last run of tourney.
However, that is saterday, and the witch is gone saterday, so you cant.
So next best would be using the goblets on fridays tourney run. (possibly thursday if you do spire all at once).
Would seem to be the best time to boost performance. In the most and the hardest battles that day.
However it looks like you can only donate resources AFTER making and using the potion. You can not donate before making the potion, or while the witch is away.

Which means i only would get 1 day (if used firday) or 2 days (if used thursday) to donate resources. Since you are unable to the rest of the time. Along with only one use of the potion since all goblets are sued at once.

I know im a bit sleep deprived lately, but am i thinking that through right? Cause that seems highly limiting it all factors.

defiantoneks

yes, i suppose you could be right. however, the long term play is to get everything "studied" enough that the effects last much longer. so my goal is to worry less about the "right now" use and focus more on getting it to last where it's not just a few hours.

edit: now that i have an outlet for my excess coins, i am also more motivated to do all 40pages of neighborhood visits.

Yogi Dave

@Dominionofgod As I see it, you do the studies for what you want, and their effect will be there for the next week's brewing. As @defiantoneks says, it's the long game.

Since I'm at the end of chapters with everything upgraded, I don't have much use for the decaying resources. So, these seem to be great to use instead of just letting them decay or not making them at all. The cost of using them continues to go up, but what you get doesn't decay. So, it doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. Since it cost over 8 million coins per KP for me to buy, this also is a good place to spend the excess coins. Hammers too since I hate the wholesaler.

At least this is how I'm seeing it at the moment. However, that may change as I see how this really works and not just how I think it works.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
yes, i suppose you could be right. however, the long term play is to get everything "studied" enough that the effects last much longer. so my goal is to worry less about the "right now" use and focus more on getting it to last where it's not just a few hours.

edit: now that i have an outlet for my excess coins, i am also more motivated to do all 40pages of neighborhood visits.
@Dominionofgod As I see it, you do the studies for what you want, and their effect will be there for the next week's brewing. As @defiantoneks says, it's the long game.

Since I'm at the end of chapters with everything upgraded, I don't have much use for the decaying resources. So, these seem to be great to use instead of just letting them decay or not making them at all. The cost of using them continues to go up, but what you get doesn't decay. So, it doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. Since it cost over 8 million coins per KP for me to buy, this also is a good place to spend the excess coins. Hammers too since I hate the wholesaler.

At least this is how I'm seeing it at the moment. However, that may change as I see how this really works and not just how I think it works.

That is partially my point. If anyone goes for military boost (thurs.friday), then they only have 1 maybe 2 days where the option to donate resources is even there. And i find that extremely and unnecessarily limiting.
I would like to boost my military with the donated resources/points. But the best way to use things like my excess coins day to day on donations would be to brew something on late saterday (at the start) that is not military (any random thing) just to option up the option of donating. - The not being able to donate unless the witch is there AND the potion is already made/used, is a pain.

So as im seeing it, my options would be:

Make/use potion on thurs/friday. I would actually be able to use the boost on fighting some later tourney proves and spire. BUT i only get 1-2 days to donate resources.
Make/use potion on late saterday (at the start). No tourney or spire active. so military would be a waste. So id make some other random thing. Tho i dont rly need a boost in anything else right now. So the potion is a waste but it opens up the ability to donate resources for a much longer time.

Mid ground: Make potion at some point mid week. I could get at least something out of the military boost. It would only be the 1 or 2 star tourney fights, but i could get spire done all at once. - So id get some fighting and some donation time...

Honestly, i dont like any of those options. Ill probably go with mid week or early week for donations. But it seems highly unnecessary.
So i revert right back to my initial thoughts. 1. Goblets should be able to be used when you see fit. (Same potion on all of them), and 2. Donations should be able to be made at any time/ or at least more often.