• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Chat

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I note that the chat issues we are experiencing now seem to be very different from the issues people were receiving in the past. While this is still very inconvenient, they are transitory, and usually cleared up by a browser refresh, prior to March, some people would go for weeks or months at a time with no chat. I think what we are experiencing now is new underlying code with a different (if nearly as frustrating) bug.

DeletedUser15231

We cannot be asked to do FSAs unles chat is working. As it quasi/functions now we must log off and on about 10 times a day without a FSA going on This is a fundamental issue Fix it if you want diamond purchases..

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I note that the chat issues we are experiencing now seem to be very different from the issues people were receiving in the past. While this is still very inconvenient, they are transitory, and usually cleared up by a browser refresh, prior to March, some people would go for weeks or months at a time with no chat.
You're missing the bigger picture here. The new chat problems are far worse than the earlier ones because these are happening to me.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
if anyone wants to set up an ol fashioned chat room for players .. i'll join to communicate :cool:
Setting up a small discord, mumble, or teamspeak server is free if your Fs is interested in chatting without worries about the state of Inno's chat. For simpler chat (non-audio), there are dozens, if not hundreds of web-based chat services online that you can easily operate as desired.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Might be time to shop around for a new vendor....maybe one that has developed a chat in the last decade;)

I think you meant to say "current millennium."

They will get it fixed someday. Meantime we use messages and for us it is no big deal

Except the message system sucks.
See the above "current millennium" comment.

Setting up a small discord, mumble, or teamspeak server is free if your Fs is interested in chatting without worries about the state of Inno's chat. For simpler chat (non-audio), there are dozens, if not hundreds of web-based chat services online that you can easily operate as desired.

I have noticed a great reluctance here for using any supplementary programs. A lot of people do not even like FS forums or google.docs.
It is funny, back in my old Halo days, I remember having 200 active users of the Clan forum, and it was nothing to see 50 people on Ventrillo.