• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The dreary brown elves...

DeletedUser627

I'm a novice to all game-playing. So I've been happily bopping along, moved up pretty rapidly if I do say so myself. Now I'm facing a crucial turning point: Do I continue to upgrade all my cheery little elf houses of teal and purple for the dreadful browns of higher levels?

Somehow I just can't see myself very happy spending hours looking at a brown city. I've wondered what could have happened during game development. Did the devs overspend their budget, fire their artistic director, and make the engineers finalize the look of these final levels of elvendom? Did the artists have a mad fit of depression and find that brown was simply the best they could contemplate? Did they find that gold was more expensive to render online than brown? Or was it a deeper insight, where they realized that a metropolis tends toward monolithic bland in too many cultures? Was it to teach us symbolically that beauty often perishes in the face of progress?

Who could have possibly postulated the notion of graduating to the pinnacle of...brown. It's just impossible.

Regardless, I sigh. And trudge forward into the dreary brown world.

DeletedUser

Personally I like the level 14 Elf residence...
03_elves_residential_14_cropped.png

...much better than the level 15 one...
03_elves_residential_15_cropped.png

You can see the silver and gold at this resolution, but in high-level cities all the shaded gold does look pretty brown.

DeletedUser688

silver looks more appropriate for elves...that's what I always imagined mithril to look like. many artworks depict mithril as a bluish metal though, and that would also be acceptable

DeletedUser

Personally I like the level 14 Elf residence...

...much better than the level 15 one...

You can see the silver and gold at this resolution, but in high-level cities all the shaded gold does look pretty brown.

maybe we have different tastes... I rush through level 14 because I hate to see the silver residences and magic dust manufactories. The lvl 14 workshop is fine but it reminds me of the scale of the cutlassfish I ate a lot when I was young... I don't hate silver in general but I think the color combination just looks awful.

I always see the lvl 15 residence as gold, though it's indeed browner compared to magic dusts and the ornate street. My personal favorite is residence lvl 8 and 9, which looks like an elven forest:)

DeletedUser688

maybe we have different tastes... I rush through level 14 because I hate to see the silver residences and magic dust manufactories. The lvl 14 workshop is fine but it reminds me of the scale of the cutlassfish I ate a lot when I was young... I don't hate silver in general but I think the color combination just looks awful.

I always see the lvl 15 residence as gold, though it's indeed browner compared to magic dusts and the ornate street. My personal favorite is residence lvl 8 and 9, which looks like an elven forest:)

how would you feel about the metallic silvery blue, often used as the color of mithril in artwork?