• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Elvenar!

Arayla

Here's my layout for the chapter. I played around with the math. I don't have enough Portal Profits to get through the chapter without any vaults at all. Using only 2 vaults and no PP will take a super long time. If I can find the space, using 5 vaults will get through the chapter at a better pace, probably 6 months total.

The academies feed the middles which feed the vaults. If I want 5 vaults, I will need 2 each of the middles and 3 academies. But to have 5 vaults, I need more of the middles. So my plan now is to have 3 stages as I go through the chapter. Stage 1 is 8 academies (Council Hall level 2, academies level 2). Stage 2 is 5 academies and 3 each of the middles (Council Hall level 2, academies level 2). Stage 3 is 3 academies, 2 each of the middles, and 5 vaults (Council Hall level 4, academies level 4, vaults level 4). In Stage 3, I'll have the Council with its buildings, plus 2 little islands. I only need 3 producing academies and 2 each producing middles. Those are all properly attached to the Council Hall. For a vault to produce, it has to be attached to 3 unique middles. The middles do not need to be attached to anything else though.

https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/4fe1ce129dae4ba19ac14f0de4ae62c8/
Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 6.09.38 PM.png

Pheryll

Set Designer
Here's my layout for the chapter. I played around with the math. I don't have enough Portal Profits to get through the chapter without any vaults at all. Using only 2 vaults and no PP will take a super long time. If I can find the space, using 5 vaults will get through the chapter at a better pace, probably 6 months total.

I would say use the portal profits that you have to push yourself quickly to getting the council hall upgrades. The other upgrades to academies and vaults are sitting right beside it.

Here is the direction I am planning: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/a1a8f138452b48d89ee889e2cf9457fb/

qaccy

Not just them, but also the increased sizes of all the normal buildings, other than residences, that get upgrades in chapter 15. Even the Main Hall gets bigger, so plan space for that too.

Most of the buildings don't actually get THAT much larger, thankfully. Some adjustment will be needed anyway for the changes in dimensions, but the Main Hall's upgrade is actually the largest increase in the chapter and Armories don't get any bigger at all, they just flip their orientation which may end up being the most annoying upgrade of all considering it goes from 4x7 to 7x4 when almost everything else just turns into a square.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Do you realize that the Council Hall is only upgraded with sentient goods and not Guest Race goods? PP will be of no help in upgrading the CH.

The researches on the path to council hall level 3 and 4 require vault goods (what PPs produce). Once you get there the researches for level 3 and 4 academy and vault don't require any further PP investment. So using the PP to go through the researches will be a large time saver.

DeletedUser6707

Dear Humans and elves,

Please use this thread for your feedback on our newest race, The Elvenar! You can read the announcement here.

We would love to hear what you think!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
How do we get the other expansions? I got the two premium ones and one of the province ones.

Black watch

I'm going with 2 across the board for all 6 of my boosts with this chapter. Already tore out a significant portion of my city and dropped 54 ranks because I decided that was better than selling off a bunch of Wishing Wells that aren't even halfway through their timers yet! And I still have 6 workshops to get rid of...but those bring back a ton of resources so I'm holding on to those so I can hopefully use it for more than buying a few KP and goods from the wholesaler.

EDIT: By the way, coming to this kinda late but...

Is it just me who looks at that layout and sees a (flattened) heart shape? Well, after rotating it 90 degrees to the right...

That made me laugh out loud. It is a giant Inno heart hug. :eek:

Looks like a bat to me... perhaps an homage to Batman? :D

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

The academies feed the middles which feed the vaults. If I want 5 vaults, I will need 2 each of the middles and 3 academies. But to have 5 vaults, I need more of the middles. So my plan now is to have 3 stages as I go through the chapter. Stage 1 is 8 academies (Council Hall level 2, academies level 2). Stage 2 is 5 academies and 3 each of the middles (Council Hall level 2, academies level 2). Stage 3 is 3 academies, 2 each of the middles, and 5 vaults (Council Hall level 4, academies level 4, vaults level 4). In Stage 3, I'll have the Council with its buildings, plus 2 little islands. I only need 3 producing academies and 2 each producing middles. Those are all properly attached to the Council Hall. For a vault to produce, it has to be attached to 3 unique middles. The middles do not need to be attached to anything else though.

@arayla I am just paying attention to this because I am just now getting into the chapter and you are wrong on the bolded part. Those three buildings must be in contact with an Academy for them to produce. They should not work just sitting separately like that.

Deleted User - 3932582

@arayla I am just paying attention to this because I am just now getting into the chapter and you are wrong on the bolded part. Those three buildings must be in contact with an Academy for them to produce. They should not work just sitting separately like that.
If you only bold a little bit more:

"For a vault to produce, it has to be attached to 3 unique middles. The middles do not need to be attached to anything else though."

@arayla is correct, those vaults will be producing without mids connected to anything. You're also correct - those mids won't be producing.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If you only bold a little bit more:

"For a vault to produce, it has to be attached to 3 unique middles. The middles do not need to be attached to anything else though."

@arayla is correct, those vaults will be producing without mids connected to anything. You're also correct - those mids won't be producing.

Yes, that is true about the Vaults. Just the way she wrote it made it seem to me she thought the other three buildings would still produce like that.

And on a totally different note, I was looking at the layouts on elvengems, and the layouts people have posted here, and I realized that they all have to be rotated 90 degrees to more match up with the actual city grid. Every one of those layouts has the 4x7 horizontal buildings showing vertical instead and the 7x4 vertical building showing as horizontal. That totally threw off my planning once I realized that. Now I have to shift a bunch of stuff around again in my city to make even one complete set fit. That or wait until all my wishing wells and ferris wheels expire in mid-December. Which may happen anyway, since it will take that long just to make enough goods in the academies to research and build one of each of the four. lol

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This is the horizontal layout I devised to fit my city. Not sure if that's quite what you meant.

No, that is still showing the buildings along the wrong axis, so it looks like it is the way they are programmed into elven architect that is the issue for me. The Factory, Agriculture, and Atelier are all 4x7 buildings, but all the layouts have them vertical, like they are 7x4, and the Vault is a 7x4 building, but all the layouts have it horizontal, like it is 4x7 instead. It is very confusing to look at for me, and makes me need to rotate the image 90 degrees so that it matches the actual shapes of the buildings.