• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The ever increasing recipes in Magic Academy

SunsetDanar

Recipes are continuing to increase in numbers which continues to decrease the chances of getting something that you really need...like battle boosters for example. There are a few others as well but with Artifacts and whatever else that shows up in the Spire being simultaneously craftable so severally dilutes the recipe pool that chances for needful things are greatly reduced. The answer is more Magic Academy windows OR a reduction in recipes.

Iyapo1

Fair enough, you are not wrong but I do have an issue with this:

OR a reduction in recipes.

I dont think it would be possible for any agreement to be reached on what recipes should be reduced.
I could list the ones I am good without but some players actually craft broken rune shards?

I am all for another window.

BrinDarby

The answer is more Magic Academy windows OR a reduction in recipes.
or another option is : to better have deticated slots for certain things.
such as Boosters, Relics, and Instants ( including , but not ltd to ;) )

This also means that paying 50:diamond:, .... you better know, .. what you're buying.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
or another option is : to better have deticated slots for certain things.
Like this?
implemented with update 1.108 on July 9th, 2020.
1. category = time instants only
2. category = relics + pet foods
3. category = coin instants, supplies instants, portal profits
4. category = KPs, AW KPs, rune shards, RRS
5. category = buildings only
The only thing I'm not sure of is which slot the artifact recipes went into when they were introduced to crafting. I *think* it was with relics/pet food, but someone will correct me if that's wrong.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The only thing I'm not sure of is which slot the artifact recipes went into when they were introduced to crafting. I *think* it was with relics/pet food, but someone will correct me if that's wrong.

Yep, the artifact recipes are in the pet food slot. Every six weeks, when the next recipe has been added, some folks on Beta complain about it making it harder to get pet food.

And the slots still have that bug where the recipes will shift around from their correct spots from 1-5, but a refresh always puts them in the correct location. And the order you quoted above is not the correct order from 1-5/left to right. But anyway, because of the bug, it can seem like the items are still showing up in random slots, when they do not.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Nope, all the artifact recipes introduced are still in there: Phoenix, Stonehenge, Mermaid.
You sure about that? No one I know has seen a Stonehenge in a long time. The artifacts (and any MA recipe afaik) are in the game files forever, but that doesn't mean they are in the pool currently.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You sure about that? No one I know has seen a Stonehenge in a long time. The artifacts (and any MA recipe afaik) are in the game files forever, but that doesn't mean they are in the pool currently.

I have gotten the Stonehenge artifact recipe after the mermaid artifact was added, but maybe they just took their time removing it after that.

DeletedUser27062

I saw Stonehenge today and see it a couple times a week. I've also seen phoenix this week.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I saw Stonehenge today and see it a couple times a week. I've also seen phoenix this week.
Hmmm perhaps overcrowding will happen in that slot then...
I was under the impression that phoenix was permanent (until bears?) and the others got replaced

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I was under the impression that phoenix was permanent (until bears?) and the others got replaced
It seems to me that Phoenix artifacts appear more often than Stonehenge or Mermaid artifacts. And this kind of makes sense, because there are 3 different buildings that use Phoenix artifacts, but only 1 building that needs Stonehenge or Mermaid artifacts. However, there are 3 buildings that use Bear artifacts. I wonder if Bear artifacts will have an increased chance of appearing once they get added?

DeletedUser27062

Yeah that was what we were told ("for the foreseeable future"). I think concerns about ratio dilution could be quite valid and not just in that slot. Think about all the bases being added to the recipe merry-go-round...

DeletedUser27062

If you have them all already in your city or inventory, at least you will never see them in crafting. The artifact recipes still show up, even if you do not need any of them.
This is true but I'm cringing at wasting so many CC just to get them out of rotation

onebigscot

Enevhar Aldarion said:[/URL said:

This is true but I'm cringing at wasting so many CC just to get them out of rotation

I agree. I crafted a traveling merchant once and found it boring...so I deleted it. Now it keeps showing up in my crafting recipes again. What a waste of CC's.