• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The game just cheated against me!

DeletedUser895

I know that sounds crazy, but hear me out. I went in to fight in one of the provinces, and the game set up the battlefield in a way that boxed my players in. So the crossbowman just kept picking them off one by one, and meanwhile here I was with no way to attack back except my own bowmen. My dancers were useless, because they couldn't get out of the kill zone to attack the enemy. So yeah, the game just cheated!

Edited for language by Ælfwine

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser895

Edited for "inappropriate language"? That'd be understandable if I'd said anything inappropriate, but I didn't.

DeletedUser61

I'm not a typical fighter, because I DO enjoy trying to anticipate what the Combat Engine is going to do, both offensively with my troops and defensive with the sector troops.

Once you've figured out what the AI is LIKELY to do, which is to say once you've determined where it's vulnerable, then the combat events become a lot more interesting.

SO - here's my challenge. Is "boxing in" a tactic that you can use yourself?

DeletedUser895

I'm not a typical fighter, because I DO enjoy trying to anticipate what the Combat Engine is going to do, both offensively with my troops and defensive with the sector troops.

Once you've figured out what the AI is LIKELY to do, which is to say once you've determined where it's vulnerable, then the combat events become a lot more interesting.

SO - here's my challenge. Is "boxing in" a tactic that you can use yourself?

??? *Confused* Did you understand what I was saying at all? Because your question is a complete non sequitur to me.

Anyway, I'll attempt to answer anyway: Um, No. Because I have no control over the layout of the battlefield, as I am not the computer. I would have to learn how to be a hacker to do that.

DeletedUser61

My dancers were useless, because they couldn't get out of the kill zone to attack the enemy.

You do have some control regarding the arrangement of your OWN troops, in that they're arranged with the first troops near the middle.
  • List your ranged fighters first, and use the terrain to protect them
  • List your melee fighters last, so that they can do an end run around the barriers
  • You probably did it backwards, and trapped YOURSELF.
The battlefield layouts, and the defending troops for that matter, are related to the type of relic. It's all pretty predictable. My essential point was that if the AI can box in your troops, you can use similar techniques to box in the AI troops.

You may want to read through https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/battles.205/#post-1945

Last edited by a moderator: