• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The goal or purpose of this game?

DeletedUser

So, I've been playing for a while now and have to admit that I'm not entirely sure what this game is about or what the point is. I've built a city and have gotten some trades going. I'm expanding outward and taking over new provinces and meeting new neighbors.

Beyond building up my city with more stuff (everytime I get a building size upgrade, it's a problem, as I don't have a place to put it, or have to delete other stuff to accommodate the new bigger buildings) and fighting barbarians, and putting up stuff for trade to help me get the goods for tech and buildings, I don't know what it's about. At present there seems to be no neighbor list, no friends list, no guild, no GvG, no PvP, no chat, or similar engaging features that I have enjoyed in other browser-based games. True, the upgraded buildings look cool, but beyond that, I don't know what it's about or where it's going.

Initially I felt like I was a n00b and was missing something because I was still learning the ropes of the interface and it's features, but now that I've been playing for a while, it's become apparent (unless I have really missed something) that many of these features simply aren't there. It's a nice start, a good concept that could be something great with some real flushing out, but presently I feel like I'm in the middle of a beta rather than a fully developed game.

DeletedUser

To my knowledge, the game is still bit early. Have patience! More things will be added in, I'm sure.

As of right now, I know how you feel. Though I admit, I kinda like the city-building thing, haha. But yeah, I'm hopeful that more things will be added and more abilities to interact with other players include the guild thing/warring/whatnot. Don't forget you could always make nice suggestions. :)

Though the current goal for now (of mine) is to make my city prettiest as possible. Mwhaha. Though I'm human, I kinda like the steampunk-ish feeling.

DeletedUser

I guess it could be different for different players. My goal is to get through the tech tree before they start adding things to it! I also enjoy meeting new neighbors and increasing my supply of the various resources. Basically I see it as a resource allocation/time management game, with maybe a little fighting thrown in.

DeletedUser

I agree with the OP. This feels like an alpha, not a beta. This game seems to be suited for those who don't like conflict as in fighting neighbors and what not. The lack of a chat system is ridiculous. I don't think a chat system is coming anytime soon and that is a huge part of these types of games imho. The devs limited trade to neighbors that you discover by defeating provinces - doesn't sound like a formula for using chat to enhance trade. Personally, I am getting pretty bored with this. I hardly have any neighbors who are active, and the building of the city goes on to what end? I've been on a month and the only change I've seen is notifications became active. I've also been holding out for some kind of 'what's coming' list, but haven't seen that either. I think the game has some real potential, but this is pretty boring. This is more for people who like building cities and that's about it.

DeletedUser

The purpose of games like this is grow a little stronger each day.

"What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing and that resistance is overcome."

And while I've only been playing for a few days now, there is absolutely no resistance to overcome. Sure there are the npcs but those only take time. Without the ability to compete with others either in direct or indirect method I don't think this game will have long term sustainability. I've played betas and alphas before, this must be what its like to play a pre-alpha.

It also seems like they took all the peace'nik parts of FOE and just created a new game for it, while I'm certain this will make some players happy, i don't think it'll attract active longterm"paying members." I pay in games like these every once and while and see nothing to spend on. Again the lack of direct competition is main cause of this.

unless some sort of direct competition is released soon i doubt this will keep my interest

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

If you look at the very end of your Cultural tab, there's a Battle Arena.
Hopefully King InnoGames will keep the brigands out of our cities, and divert them to the Battle Arena.

DeletedUser64

i spent daily 1-2 hours in foe, to beat all of my neighbours, to have more points than the second guy, just to have my expansions on the end of the week so i dont really miss that, its not optional if you want to expand, its something you must do
and that would be the diffeence between elvenar and foe, something different playstyle element

what i feel boring now is the 4-6 hour of building time, without premium i just cant have higher level of builders so im technically cant be in top 30 anymore
when people reach the level of residence 9 and they can find the space to upgrade, they go into the top
then tier 2 and 3 manufactories and just not enough space to expand, so the balance also sux
only 2 more eras to the end so maybe i will stick with it
but im bored of 3 hour producing, i switched to 9 hours and sometimes i even forget to login

DeletedUser556

I enjoy the game so far. I'd been playing and still am playing Grepolis and wanted a change of pace - something more like Sim City. And, this meets the bill perfectly.
And, I like the name change for US1. :)

Can one demolish buildings (as was mentioned, I think, in the first post)?

DeletedUser511

Its a good game and im glad we dont attack each other. If thats what you want go to the million games like that out there and play them.

DeletedUser

LOL, so now that my city is built .. what now?

I guess I keep scouting and expanding until it costs more than 4.4 mil to scout ....

DeletedUser18

I enjoy the game so far. I'd been playing and still am playing Grepolis and wanted a change of pace - something more like Sim City. And, this meets the bill perfectly.
And, I like the name change for US1. :)

Can one demolish buildings (as was mentioned, I think, in the first post)?
You can sell your buildings. However, unlike Grepolis or Tribal Wars, you cannot simply "downgrade" or "demolish" them one level at a time.