• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Great Excavation (Amuni 2023) - Discussion

Pheryll

Set Designer
idavis has added a nifty Playground to his website for players to try out the game mechanic before diving into the actual event. Caveat: it does not include the Golden Eye.

Not sure how well the Playground emulates the actual experience. I was able to get a certain layout from the playground that required diagonal movement to get beyond a zigzag wall (there was no straight path through). I have never seen a complete wall barrier like that in any of the fog events.

Lady Dastardly

I've encountered that on rare occasions, where you need to use a vacuum vial (or whatever that event is calling it) to get past it. I wouldn't even say it's every event, but I did get it once in this event on Beta, and I know I did in a Halloween one as well.

Even so, for players who've never seen this kind of event, or who struggle with it, it's certainly better than nothing.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I almost never have complaints about the events, but the Beta version of this was very poor. It is shorter than the same event from last year, there were definitely fewer tools and Amuni knowledge tablets to be found, and the tool packages were nerfed. The new Golden Eye mechanic in no way made up for this. Gold League did not even reach 260 points, so less than 1% of active players got the full set. I only got to 228, way below what I got for the same type of event last year. I am just hoping the next FA will include a Tome giving the choice of a set building.

Ihrlaen

I noticed there is one post on the Beta discussion for the event claiming that "event value gain" was increased on Live. Can anyone that played the Beta event compare and contrast what is being seen on Live servers now?

Cleo7311

I do like the new package deals - either mostly shovels or the reverse - and doesn't take forever to accumulate enough to use them.

Killy-

I noticed there is one post on the Beta discussion for the event claiming that "event value gain" was increased on Live. Can anyone that played the Beta event compare and contrast what is being seen on Live servers now?
On the german servers it was increased for a short time and then changed back to the beta values. Idk if it was the same on all servers.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I do like the new package deals - either mostly shovels or the reverse - and doesn't take forever to accumulate enough to use them.

The 140 deal seems the worst. The shovels cost 9 individually, and so the vial and potion cost 35 combined in the 80 pack, but 44 in the 140 pack. Individually you can get a vial and potion for 51.

Dew Spinner

The 140 deal seems the worst. The shovels cost 9 individually, and so the vial and potion cost 35 combined in the 80 pack, but 44 in the 140 pack. Individually you can get a vial and potion for 51.
@idavis recommends buying the packs in turns, not sure if that helps your equation or not but he usually puts a lot of thought into what he posts.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
There has been a lot of talk over the last year about these back to back events/never ending events.
I think we have official proof of this now. The last main event we had, i feed my ashen phoenix on the first day.
Today we started this excavation event... and its been so soon after the last main event that my phoenix's feeding effect is still active! Next event was so damn fast that the effect didnt even have time to ware off! If thats not proof that these damn events are to many, to fast, then i dont know what is!

ashen active from last event_01.jpg

Dew Spinner

There has been a lot of talk over the last year about these back to back events/never ending events.
I think we have official proof of this now. The last main event we had, i feed my ashen phoenix on the first day.
Today we started this excavation event... and its been so soon after the last main event that my phoenix's feeding effect is still active! Next event was so damn fast that the effect didnt even have time to ware off! If thats not proof that these damn events are to many, to fast, then i dont know what is!

View attachment 14874
They skipped the FA in between this event and the last event, so that is why that happened. It doesn't usually happen that way.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My recommendation is to buy the 80 packs and then a few extra shovels as needed.

After playing this on Beta, that is no longer my suggestion at all. I bought only 80-cost packs and a few extra shovels and finished at 228 points, or well short of the 260 needed for the full set. For my Live city, I am going to alternate between the 80 and 140-cost packs and see what happens.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
After playing this on Beta, that is no longer my suggestion at all. I bought only 80-cost packs and a few extra shovels and finished at 228 points, or well short of the 260 needed for the full set. For my Live city, I am going to alternate between the 80 and 140-cost packs and see what happens.
I did that on Beta and got 239.

Dew Spinner

I am going to use IDavis's recommendation too, it seems to make sense.

Lady Dastardly

I went with a ratio of two or three 80 packs for every one 180. That gave me the best mix of tools for my preferred strategy. I got to 241 on Beta, which doesn't sound great, but put me in Silver league. Gold league cut off was short of 260, so I guess that was a reasonably good result.

Dew Spinner

I went with a ratio of two or three 80 packs for every one 180. That gave me the best mix of tools for my preferred strategy. I got to 241 on Beta, which doesn't sound great, but put me in Silver league. Gold league cut off was short of 260, so I guess that was a reasonably good result.
They have increased the Event Currency by 30% according to the Beta Forum, so I expected Gold League to be higher than Beta.