• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Phoenix Cult

DeletedUser16404

I'm really annoyed! I managed to get 2 pavilions, and placed the first one. after I placed the second one, I noticed it had taken way longer to build than the 10 seconds, and it said it was built when I hovered over it, so I refreshed the page to update the artwork, but the first one I'd already had vanished! this is just plain stupid.

DeletedUser16404

wait, the first one is still there, just glitching to be invisible.

DeletedUser16404

elvenar pic.png

DeletedUser16404

I hope the DEVs can fix this glitch, it's going to be a pain going "wait, why can't I put anything there?" until I remember.

DeletedUser1108

OH FOOEY! all I wanted was the GP bldgs, I did nothing but double feathers days, but I'm going to come up 15 points shy of the 3rd GP! Really bad luck on the extra turns this time. Sadly that makes this the least helpful event that I've ever done....grumble, grumble...sigh.

Hope there are some pop hybrids in the next one, this will be the first time that I can't do all my upgrades.

shawn5211

Hello to everyone I was just wondering if there are any ideas on how to put the set together so that it works to full potential I have the full set but cannot figure out how to get it right. Thanks.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Hello to everyone I was just wondering if there are any ideas on how to put the set together so that it works to full potential I have the full set but cannot figure out how to get it right. Thanks.
2018 easter set.png

The bottom left Pav isn't necessary, it just makes it a nice shape.

DeletedUser17090

Thanks for The Phoenix Cult quest. I always enjoy the eggs!!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I just had the craziest streak at the end:
Starting with
50 ess, win 90,
open 90 win 140,
open 140 win 140,
open 140, win 200,
open 50, win Kp,
open 50 win 90,
open 50 win KP,
open 140, win 2x14h!

It's too bad that the 90 feathers were useless, but 10 KP and 2x14h timers is a pretty sweet win off 50 ess :p

DeletedUser17092

I just had the craziest streak at the end:
Starting with
50 ess, win 90,
open 90 win 140,
open 140 win 140,
open 140, win 200,
open 50, win Kp,
open 50 win 90,
open 50 win KP,
open 140, win 2x14h!

It's too bad that the 90 feathers were useless, but 10 KP and 2x14h timers is a pretty sweet win off 50 ess :p

DeletedUser17092

i'm not sure about how to post. i did all of the quests and used the 140 sky essence for large eggs to get all rewards, but there are not enough to unlock all grand prizes. I think that this is wrong, finish all quests and not able to get all prizes.

hvariidh gwendrot

reading this thread has been an eye opener for future events and as this one and my 1st month in the game come to an end here are my results .... (1) spring flower cage (1) spring mountain temple (1) cultist plaza (1) phoenix pavilion (2) spring pavilion (2) sculpture of phoenix (1) wishing well (1) burning egg = 10 event items but not a full set .. which is fine btw as i am a no stress kind of guy .. so i'll be sticking around (my other games are all combat related) i like the groovy builds and no stress on wiping out peoples bases to steal all their stuff

Laochra

I'm about to enter Fairies in most of my cities, so another building set was of no interest to me this time around, so I focused on just a few of the prizes that pull double duty. It was surprising to see fewer prizes offering population, but the wishing well & this last daily are both nice, as it shows that the requests from the majority are sometimes heard. I do hope that when the 100 day timer expires, that the wishing wells will be able to be buffed by NH.

DeletedUser16404

I'm about to enter Fairies in most of my cities, so another building set was of no interest to me this time around, so I focused on just a few of the prizes that pull double duty. It was surprising to see fewer prizes offering population, but the wishing well & this last daily are both nice, as it shows that the requests from the majority are sometimes heard. I do hope that when the 100 day timer expires, that the wishing wells will be able to be buffed by NH.
they should still be, they basically just become regular culture buildings.

DeletedUser12381

So we're coming to the end of the Phoenix Cult quest line and the last daily quest will open up in 39 minutes and 30 seconds. BUT the quest line ends in 39 minutes and 28 seconds!!!!!!

You leave us 2 seconds to finish the last daily quest???

Even if we do that, there's not enough time to go into the redemption area and actually USE those last bit of essence we gain!!!!

Who thought that up?

DeletedUser3638

So this thread was an interesting read and I specifically like the discussion about subjective Vs. Objective truth. Just to make anyone feeling sad about not getting what they wanted feel better..... I got the last building by luck and without diamonds . But who would ever place it? It is essentially a large traveling merchant III. If you have a good Fship and are trading your boosted goods you are better off using that space for a t3 manufacture. You didn't miss out on anything

The Unbeliever

So this thread was an interesting read and I specifically like the discussion about subjective Vs. Objective truth. Just to make anyone feeling sad about not getting what they wanted feel better..... I got the last building by luck and without diamonds . But who would ever place it? It is essentially a large traveling merchant III. If you have a good Fship and are trading your boosted goods you are better off using that space for a t3 manufacture. You didn't miss out on anything
It's more the toolbag'ish move on Inno's part that has many people feeling outright cheated over this event...

You're 'encouraged' to get the full set as that's been advertised as the 'main' prize feature of the event. But then instead we get fethed due to;
a) Even with the full 5 buildings of the entire set, you can't get every bonus!
For anyone who's initial experience with sets has been through FoE, (which is where the whole set buildings were ported over from;) ), this is infuriating... in FoE, if you get the full set AND arrange it properly, you get all the bonuses for each building. (why else design a bloody "set"?!)
Thus, you're in essence (pun intended - maybe?!) 'forced' to get at least 2 of one of the daily prize set buildings. (and that's just to make the 3 'main' buildings work @100%!:rolleyes:)

b) The initial shape is awkward due to it not fitting in as a full square/rectangle... this makes it even more of a headache to fit into existing cities.

c) Even if you ignored the other 2 daily prize set pieces, AND, spent only on double days, you there was still a good chance of getting RNG-screwed out of the 3 'main' grand prizes.
Considering that the set is (mostly) worthless when missing 1 or more parts of it, why in the gak did Inno even make this thing a damned set in the first place?!!

TL:DR version; if Inno is going to offer an overall 'average' building set, they shouldn't be turning around and effectively "hiding" it behind being an entirely "pay to own" gimmick...
It just leaves people with a bad taste in their mouth, and ensures that more people will skip future events since they'll already be under the impression that the main "prizes" are only worthwhile if you can pony-up the $$$.

The optics of this event are awful. ;)

Pheryll

Set Designer
I have a feeling that the spring event will remain with a low number of quests, the fall event with a medium number, and the winter event with a large number. While this means the different events are imbalanced, it would seem that the Elvenar staff do not feel like changing the quest lengths from year to year.