• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Snow Flurry Aftermath

Thistleknot

I spent a little over a month saving snowflakes and waiting for just the right time to spend them. As a result, I ended up with 17 new buildings. That's 17 awesome new buildings with great culture and/or population! And then a horrible realization dawned on me. Where am I going to put all these nifty new buildings? :confused: I don't have enough spare expansions lying around. I definitely don't have the space. Or do I? Well I did get all 17 buildings in my city. I ended up getting rid of 12 level-22 residencies. I also got rid of 2 level-20 planks manufactories to make room for a new scroll and a new magic dust manufactory. As a result of this, I went from rank 98 to rank 148. :eek: Ouch! On the plus side, I have an incredible surplus of people and I have a cultural bonus that reaches 160% with a little help.

Come visit my winter village in my city on Arendyll if you can. :D

Let me know how you fared in the aftermath of the Snow Flurry event.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Sweet city you got there Thistleknot, I faired alright as well, the extra pop from the new buildings I won (6 glacier gardens, 1 winter star, a charming tree, a frozen and regular father tree, and an igloo festival) helped me to take a few residences out to fit the orc's residences in without having to rearrange much, that was nice. I now have 7000 unemployed people in my city, lol and culture is not up as high as yours, but is good (I have been upgrading a lot with the extra pop). Only thing about removing residences is you don't want to remove to many or your coins will suffer (just ask Soggyshorts).

DeletedUser4778

I got 12 Winter Stars, 1 Igloo Festival, and 4 Snowy Charming Trees, the latter of which I have no space for in the foreseeable future, plus the 2 grand prizes so 15 in use with 4 in probably permanent storage. I actually have 125% culture without NH which hasn't happened since Chapter 2 or 3. I also have 9,238 lazybutts who I wish I could put to work in factories for extra goods or to speed up building. That extra pop doesn't count the ones I put to work in temporary low-level factories -- 68 marble* and 13 silk, mostly Lv1, which are really helping me build up my goods stockpile to better help out the FS and future expansion plans -- while I'm waiting for the ability to build the Fairy stuff.

I actually didn't originally plan to place all the Winter Stars at once, only enough so I could upgrade and then add a little bit whenever needed and use the space for low-level factories to earn some extra goods but I was so relieved to get out of Dwarves before Flurry ended so I could get better bonuses for the Igloo Festival and the 2nd Grand Prize that I forgot all about my original plan. I'm enjoying the culture bonus while it lasts because I know it won't last long. Neither will the excess pop.

The Igloo Festival is more efficient than my Winter Stars since I got it in Fairies but I didn't want to risk not being able to enter Fairies due to all the bugs in the game. I still wish I'd gotten the Winter Star bonuses when I was in Fairies because 200 extra pop and culture per star for a total of 2400 pop AND culture would have gone a long way towards helping out with my predicted pop crisis towards the end of Fairies and pop & culture crisis in Orcs but I'm trying to think of what I've gained and not what I didn't. I'm hoping there will be a spring event (rainbows! unicorns! rainbow unicorns!) even though there wasn't a fall event (maybe because of the Halloween event) and that I'll have time for it.

*I'd forgotten how hard it is collect from Lv1 marble factories and I never had this many when I was starting out. On the plus side, they're generating at least 1,500K per 3-hour run. My Tier 1 goods are finally in great shape. Now to work on the other tiers.

Last edited by a moderator:

SimplyNoble

The event came when I at the beginning of level 2 so considering that I think I did well.

I came away with two rainbow unicorns, One Each Sun codex, Frozen lake, Snowy Glitter Tree, Glacier garden Winter Star and Snowflake Mountain. I also completed the level.

Had a lot of fun getting to know fellowship members and developing some pretty great teamwork. If not for my fellowship I could never have completed some of those challenges.

DeletedUser3297

Very nice city Thistleknot! In my Arendyll city I got 2 Observatories, 2 Rainbow Unicorns, 1 Winter Star, 1 Candy Cane tree, the first 2 grand prize buildings and 1 Rainbow Flower cage. I was hoping for 2 cages, spent 2,000 snowflakes on the one before I stopped :eek: But I got what I wanted out of the event!

DeletedUser619

I concentrated on getting population buildings for the most part, but also indulged in some just because they were pretty (Father Tree, Observatory, Flower Cage and the Rainbow Unicorn). I knew from the git-go I wouldn't have enough space to place everything but that's okay. I'm waiting until there's an advantage to placing them and then they'll be deployed.

In addition to SoggyShorts, I'm grateful to the Spanish site that posted all the thumbnails and grid/benefits information. It made the whole event much less stressful for me.