• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

there and back again... a travelling merchants story

DeletedUser15604

at what point/chapter, is it a good idea to get rid of traveling merchant 1,2 and 3, to use space for other things?
thanks again and
game on!
everhad

DeletedUser8946

Really depends on your Fellowship, and how good their trading is. (It looks like yours is alright) Neighbors help a ton as well. I ditched my Traveling Merchant's long ago, and I took a look at your city in ElvenArchitect, and you can afford to as well.

I had time on hand, so I took a few liberties with your city in Architect. You have lots of Wayfarer's Taverns with their long edges against the streets. These would be much better served with three level 17 Residencies. And if you scrap a couple excess event buildings, you can have more then enough room for your full grown settlement when you're able to build to that level. Here's what the finished product looked like for me. http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/296b4c7ae11b40778722f44805b0ba67/I love planning out my cities on ElvenArchitect. :D

DeletedUser15604

wow o wow now that is what i call help... ty so much for taking the time to do that... may i ask u one more question... should i wait to do that until i finish up the fairy residence tech (not far from it) cause i think the size changes on this one
thanks again
ever

DeletedUser9601

I find that Travelling Merchants pretty quickly lose their value in the next chapter's worth of Factory Research. So if you got TMs in Dwarves, I'd dump them once I got to Fairies Research for Crystal/Scroll/Silk, and definitely once I got to Orcs.

DeletedUser8946

No problem, I was bored. No, the Residencies do not change in size, however, Workshops DO. And since they change so much, it's a good idea to initiate those changes now (especially the Taverns into Residencies) so you'll have the # of Pop you need for the upgrades.

DeletedUser15604

ahhhhk!!! ty again and ty u 2 tedious for the advice and dispersing a bit of knowledge my way
as always
game on!
everhad

DeletedUser8946

I'm glad you appreciate it, @EverHad! Some people find it nosy and micromanaging, which is why I emphasize it's just a suggestion. I'll have free time tonight between projects, and when I get the chance I'll try to rearrange the city further to suit Workshop upgrades. It's a fun thing to do when you're bored, at least for me.

Another word of advice, if you do switch out Taverns for Residencies, you'll have lots of excess Pop. I suggest selling your Watchtower Ruins in favor of another Level 15 Gem Manufactory, since culture isn't all that important. Especially considering how much you already have

DeletedUser8946

Already done. LOTS of changes. http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/a6189072d64041f6a3da300aaff730cd/

I assumed all Fairy upgrades except Main Hall. I moved the Main Hall at the beginning, by selling the Garden of Harmony, moving the Armory there, Moving the MH in the place of the Armory, and then the Armory in the space where the Main Hall had been. I moved that Armory again, later, and it takes some creativity, but it CAN be done. (Remember, if you've got a space, say, 3x5 with a road running along the long side, and you clear out all those roads temporarily, you now have a 4x5 space to hold something temporarily)

Culture's low, but like I said, doesn't matter much early chapters. If supplies become a problem, pour a few more KP into your Excavation and participate more in Tournies to get Power of Provision.

DeletedUser15604

lol i dont mind it all.. i appreciate people that have a knack for that kind of thing cause it just goes over my head for the most part lol...
many thanks again
ever