• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

They stole my troop size!

DeletedUser4417

Got ya! I guess I was looking for a direct insult. But no, I would not have really taken that as an insult directed at anyone, much less you in particular. I would have/did read it as a figurative question.

While I have been reading the forum for weeks, it has literally taken days for support to get me on here. And while I can agree that from what I've seen, you can be very knowledgeable and helpful. In this particular situation, though, I think you are having a hard time really listening to what others are trying to say.

Others are trying to explain what has happened, as well. And they have TRULY been thrown backwards. Odd that you would have no empathy for that. It's very difficult to "understand" changes that have set people backward, and made it 10 times more difficult for most people. So, no. I don't think that based on THEIR understanding of the changes, that they are any likely to be "less upset".

I understand why you thought someone called you a name, even though I, myself, did not read it that way. But I am having a difficult time understanding why you are dismissing everyone else's frustration at having been thrown backward after having spent time earning their way to where they were. And I think your lack of understanding other people's experiences and points of view is making many more frustrated, rather than less. Just because someone refuses to acknowledge another's reality, doesn't make it any less real.

And on that note, I'll agree to disagree.
What others are explaining is heard and understood. The problem is that what they are explaining, has not actually happened.

Here IS what happened. INNO instituted a first step battle overhaul upgrade. In that there were mechanics that were changed. One of which was that now troop squad counts are based on a x3 of number and are cumulative. You start with a base of 6 troops and for each upgrade you multiple x3 the number and each one is cumulative rather than being a static +12. So at first level you have 9, second you have 15, then 24, then 36, then 51, then 69, then 90 and so on with each troop size getting larger the further up the scale one gets. The second thing is that they moved forward two of these squad size upgrades to even them out among the chapters. This meant that the bulk of players had two extra techs to research but would ultimately come out stronger for it. Third they moved forward units like the paladin and priest so players get these sooner. They also increased the amount of troops that armories and barracks produce for the same amount of time.

The end result is that players come out stronger, quicker but they do have to research some techs to get back to where they had left off. They however did not lose anything.

DeletedUser4522

What others are explaining is heard and understood. The problem is that what they are explaining, has not actually happened.

Wow, Lionsmane! We understand that shifting has happened. But to state that what people are explaining has not actually happened is patently false. It has actually happened!

DeletedUser4417

Wow, Lionsmane! We understand that shifting has happened. But to state that what people are explaining has not actually happened is patently false. It has actually happened!
Ok, maybe you misunderstood or I was not clear enough. Noone LOST anything. The way battles are done has been reconfigured and recalibrated but no one lost anything.

I see many people coming on and saying that they 'lost' this or that when what happened is that the way troop counts are tabulated was reconfigured to actually more fairly increase and that squad upgrades along with additional troop types are moved forward. So people actually gained, sure they have to now research these, in most cases before they can resume the point where they were at but that is not a loss as no techs were taken, no KP's were sacrificed etc.

DeletedUser4024

Anyway, I have just tried to explain what has happened. Sorry if I cannot empathize with anyone over it. But I know that if people could understand the changes, they would be less-likely to be upset. I know very few people comment on the forums, but a great deal of people read them. So if I was unable to help anyone who posts, I know I have been able to help a lot who remain silent :)

I have been somewhat silent and reading but I have also posted a few things and whilst I appreciate your efforts on explanations, Kayleegirrl, as a new player I only have one reality and that is what I knew about battling already which was very little. I only know now that after having researched any new additional squad size increase they offered in my current chapter and even adding a paladin in one of my worlds and a treant in another I am still unable to win province expansion battles. So I am currently stuck with no space to expand and I was already at my space limits. I also know that I have not scouted too far ahead I don't think. I had opened up several areas before battling because I wanted to see what battles I could fight and actually win. I even had fought several in currently opened provinces and was winning. Now I try to finish off that province I already started and could win in and the amount and strength of troops that were in it have increased substantially both in strength and in numbers. In some cases we're talking about an increase from 2 digit to 3 digit numbers here!! I had purchased diamonds on a few occasions to help along some rather pricey upgrades but I would be foolish to put more money into this game now since its unplayable to me because that is basically what they are trying to accomplish here, IMHO. I am now crawling through threads trying to find out more about battling and I have not even opened up tournaments yet, so...it is what it is. :(

DeletedUser4417

I have been somewhat silent and reading but I have also posted a few things and whilst I appreciate your efforts on explanations, Kayleegirrl, as a new player I only have one reality and that is what I knew about battling already which was very little. I only know now that after having researched any new additional squad size increase they offered in my current chapter and even adding a paladin in one of my worlds and a treant in another I am still unable to win province expansion battles. So I am currently stuck with no space to expand and I was already at my space limits. I also know that I have not scouted too far ahead I don't think. I had opened up several areas before battling because I wanted to see what battles I could fight and actually win. I even had fought several in currently opened provinces and was winning. Now I try to finish off that province I already started and could win in and the amount and strength of troops that were in it have increased substantially both in strength and in numbers. In some cases we're talking about an increase from 2 digit to 3 digit numbers here!! I had purchased diamonds on a few occasions to help along some rather pricey upgrades but I would be foolish to put more money into this game now since its unplayable to me because that is basically what they are trying to accomplish here, IMHO. I am now crawling through threads trying to find out more about battling and I have not even opened up tournaments yet, so...it is what it is. :(
If I might ask? What is your province count progression towards your next chest? It should show you some number like 97/100 or 107/100.

DeletedUser4024

25/30 sighs.... and the other world I play in I'm at 34/30 but i have enough space to build on in that world. Im guessing I've scouted slightly ahead in the second mentioned but not so much on the first one?

DeletedUser4417

25/30 sighs.... and the other world I play in I'm at 34/30 but i have enough space to build on in that world. Im guessing I've scouted slightly ahead in the second mentioned but not so much on the first one?
Yeah, in the first you are fine as you have that 5 province conquer buffer. The second is not too bad but still it accounts for the increased difficulty. Unfortunately you'll have to slow down in the second and build up your techs and forces and waits. Sucks I know but once you unlock that scouting advance the cost and unit grouping will decrease to manageable levels again.

DeletedUser4024

Yeah, in the first you are fine as you have that 5 province conquer buffer. The second is not too bad but still it accounts for the increased difficulty. Unfortunately you'll have to slow down in the second and build up your techs and forces and waits. Sucks I know but once you unlock that scouting advance the cost and unit grouping will decrease to manageable levels again.

I have no problem with scouting advance costs;) ... I can't win battles in the provinces I am keeping the proper pace with! I guess I'm gonna be building up resources from here on and negotiating which brings my play time to a crawl, which will likely get boring fast and thus lead to an exit from the game. Too bad, it was fun whilst it lasted :rolleyes:

DeletedUser4417

I have no problem with scouting advance costs;) ... I can't win battles in the provinces I am keeping the proper pace with! I guess I'm gonna be building up resources from here on and negotiating which brings my play time to a crawl, which will likely get boring fast and thus lead to an exit from the game. Too bad, it was fun whilst it lasted :rolleyes:

Hrm, ok. Before you quit, at least give the devs a chance to roll out the other two parts of the upgrade. Once it is fully implemented, then look. If it is still bad then make your decision.

DeletedUser4024

I appreciate your positivity Lionsmane, thanks for that. But now I'm really scared if they haven't even finished implementing the upgrade ;)

DeletedUser4522

Ok, maybe you misunderstood or I was not clear enough. Noone LOST anything. The way battles are done has been reconfigured and recalibrated but no one lost anything.

I see many people coming on and saying that they 'lost' this or that when what happened is that the way troop counts are tabulated was reconfigured to actually more fairly increase and that squad upgrades along with additional troop types are moved forward. So people actually gained, sure they have to now research these, in most cases before they can resume the point where they were at but that is not a loss as no techs were taken, no KP's were sacrificed etc.

Perhaps I HAVE misunderstood, but the fact of the matter is: You can't tell someone who went from a squad size of 60 DOWN to a squad size of 36 that they haven't "lost" something. Because they have!

We're trying to play a game, NOT "slow down", watch a clock count down, and catch BACK up to where we already were.... I still don't know what kind of "fun" this is just waiting for the clock to count down before being able to "collect" stuff. Can't actually PLAY any more. That's for sure!

DeletedUser3827

I've tried to accept the changes, and I've gotten through TWO more troop size increases. And I still cannot compete with the enemy. I'm barely making a dent. ALL the fun has gone out of the battle aspect of this game. It's pretty disappointing, and I can only think that the company really handled this poorly.

I think the worst part about it is the total silence from the other side. It's very poor customer relations. They are essentially saying, "Shut up and take it." I think in the end, a lot of frustrated people will just leave for another game. There's plenty out there. I'm leaning that way myself. If the fun is gone, what's the point?

Thistleknot

I will say I am not exactly sure what is happening to the troop size at the lower levels. Obviously there is more than just needing to research squad upgrades. I do understand the frustration with the combats. Even at the advanced levels that I am at, I am losing more combats than I am winning. Partially it is because I am learning a new combat system. Partially it is because the enemy troops are jacked up. The odds are not an issue to me. Before the change, I was outnumbered by as much as 6 to 1 in some battles. Now I am only out numbered 4 to 1. But I believe we are missing something. In one of the other threads, someone mentioned that not all the combat updates have been implemented. I'm not saying this will fix everything. For all I know, it won't fix anything. But I am willing to wait to see what happens. I am hopeful that when Inno finishes all the updates that the combat will be challenging, but winnable.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
No such luck. Unsolved fields keep locked all other fields I'd had already unlocked previously.
I skimmed through the last few posts in this thread, but as I understand it the techs that appeared behind your current progression are not in fact ones that you had previously unlocked. They were moved further back from a chapter ahead of you that you have not completed yet to make fighting easier in your current chapter.
From the screenshots you posted this should be simple to prove: did you have sorceresses before the update?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The OP is talking about the fact their squad size has reduced and for some people that is a fact, the old squad size 7 was 96, ow it is 90 so from that tech and prior squad sizes have gone down. This is pat of the overall change in mechanics.

That said 2 things should have occurred:
  1. New techs available to research which help increase and potentially new troops
  2. The maps squads should have been re-balanced to accommodate the new mechanics to suit where you will be when the techs are researched.
Whether there is some quirks in timing of scouting and province difficulty you might need an extra tech or 2 to be on track. If it is miles out you could submit a ticket.

Squad_Sizes.jpg

For those saying there have been no official responses there actually have been numerous, it is just there are so many similar threads the official posts are generally in the ones related to the announcement of the update or the announcement of the battle redesign.

As a general note the second phase is on beta right now but nothing there seems to effect the issue of this post.

Reknar

My armies size grew bigger but when it comes to battling the opponent I get blown away. What I use to beat I can no longer beat. They don't fix this I'm out of here.

DeletedUser4355

i had just made up my mind not to do battles and explore until i got enough knowledge to catch up to those troops. It was just silly to take so long to build up an army of 36 or 44 troops x 5 to battle mobs that could one shot me and i had to hit 10 times to kill, or simply, my wimpy 36 guys could not fight their wimpy 76 guys. so i log on today and see a difference. they added a troop increase behind me.. " DID they FIX the Problem"? I start playing and trying to get to that upgrade so i can finally start exploring and battling again. then i notice. they STOLE MY TROOP SIZE.. i already earned that larger size and who would think this spot in the game needed nerfed? setting everything on very long timers and going back to my last game.. i payed a lot less and got so much more. I feel this game thinks we as gamers are much more stupid than we are.. hopefully when they see the drop in playing they wake up and see that being overly greedy does not drive more sales, it drives customers away.
They did same to me, and my troops training size is also reduced